☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any kind of indication when the UK-Ibiza quarantine rules may be re-examined or is it indefinite now? Need to make a decision by end of the week about whether we cancel or not... booo.
We are the same ..think im just gonna cancel cause even if it does change they can change it again while your out there

Yes, that's the crux of depression. Spent months on and off in my 20s feeling like that before eliminating drugs and alcohol from my life (except nicotine albeit in chewing gum form lol) and learning a vast array of coping strategies, all of which (20 years later) started to finally shift it from the majority of my life.

Most anti-malarials are pretty nasty (chloroquine included). 20 years in a malarial region and very soon stopped taking any prophylactics. The downsides pretty much wiped out the benefits from reduction in risk.

Ah bloody hell, I’m glad it’s battle you are winning mate ? good on you!

A very good childhood friend of mine was going through a similar struggle a few years ago and was at a bad point in his life.

He found the best help he got wasn’t always from doctors etc but from from speaking to lads like yourself, that had been through the years of pain and learned many ways of coping with it.

We were literally looking at Corfu yesterday in case Ibiza doesn't happen....flights ridiculously cheap at the moment. Not worth the risk booking anywhere at the moment....
nope! we are due to fly Athens in a couple of weeks time not looking too good, 2020 is a write off.. even if we get on our holidays this year we are going to have the worry over our heads of the quarantine

nope! we are due to fly Athens in a couple of weeks time not looking too good, 2020 is a write off.. even if we get on our holidays this year we are going to have the worry over our heads of the quarantine
We've sacked it off for that reason. Can't risk having to quarantine when we get back and would have it on our minds during the holiday. I'm desperate to get abroad but just can't risk the kids missing more school :( Managed to find something for few days in the UK - way overpriced and not where I would choose to go, but there is f*ck all left!

Interesting update in the canaries

Rules updated today, masks must be worn inside except at the point of eating or drinking. Seems to indicate even between courses etc? Won’t be policed of course but now swung my holiday from no problem to my partner deciding she won’t enjoy it ?

I’m in Ibiza at present and I haven’t seen anyone wearing masks in between courses. Once seated in a bar, cafe or restaurant people take their masks off and put them back on when leaving or going to the bathroom.

Memo to self - I KNOW it's the UK, but next time I book a hotel on the south coast between June and September, MAKE SURE THE ROOM'S GOT AIRCON.

If I can't get the the lovely sandy Med this year, Brighton will have to be second-best. Ironically I can get to Ibiza quicker....

Memo to self - I KNOW it's the UK, but next time I book a hotel on the south coast between June and September, MAKE SURE THE ROOM'S GOT AIRCON.

If I can't get the the lovely sandy Med this year, Brighton will have to be second-best. Ironically I can get to Ibiza quicker....

It's hot AF right now. 36c in London this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back