☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is obviously good at what he does, you can see why they want him on the team. I don't understand why they don't do the usual, make him resign/step aside and fade him back in after a few months.

If people thought the lockdown wasn't being observed before, what's it going to look like from now on...

Watching twitter, political sites, listening to the radio - the country is in complete meltdown tonight.

The most used example is - people couldn't hold the hands of people dying, not even let into the hospital to say goodbye, and there are thousands stuck inside cities with kids when they could be in second homes or rented accommodation/caravans away from it all, yet a government official has the PM's backing to swan all round the country infecting everyone on his way.

If there were riots I'd join in, my blood's boiling and all the sacrifices we have made have come to nothing.

And flaming hell, if we COULD get to Ibiza (or anywhere) we couldn't as we would be in quarantine for two weeks on return. I just hope his fellow MP's turn against Johnson himself. He's not fit to wipe my arse. He's just a selfish, self-serving arrogant knob. With apologies to knobs.

This Cummings thing is another ridiculous distraction, which fills up column inches and takes the focus away from the UK’s clustfuk response to covid. On paper Cummings has nothing really to do with the covid response and I think is technically ‘just’ a civil servant. Clearly he’s not your average operator, but he’s not a professor or doctor giving medical advice.

It feels to me that the left wing media have been waiting for this moment for years. This is the guy after all who delivered Brexit on a plate.

This Cummings thing is another ridiculous distraction, which fills up column inches and takes the focus away from the UK’s clustfuk response to covid. On paper Cummings has nothing really to do with the covid response and I think is technically ‘just’ a civil servant. Clearly he’s not your average operator, but he’s not a professor or doctor giving medical advice.

It feels to me that the left wing media have been waiting for this moment for years. This is the guy after all who delivered Brexit on a plate.
It's clear that those of us against Brexit are giving him good kicking, but listening to callers on radio stations tonight, amongst all the stories about real people caring in horrendous circumstances, there are Tory voters coming on, some in tears, apologising for voting Tory. This is beyond a left/right issue, people don't like the piss being taken out of them.
We can cope with a lot in Britain (hey, have you listened to our Eurovision entries?) but to have our own kicking us in the teeth doesn't wash.
If the Daily Mail turns against them.....

It's clear that those of us against Brexit are giving him good kicking, but listening to callers on radio stations tonight, amongst all the stories about real people caring in horrendous circumstances, there are Tory voters coming on, some in tears, apologising for voting Tory. This is beyond a left/right issue, people don't like the piss being taken out of them.
We can cope with a lot in Britain (hey, have you listened to our Eurovision entries?) but to have our own kicking us in the teeth doesn't wash.
If the Daily Mail turns against them.....
If they sack Cummings then they have to sack Jenrick, who is actually elected as an MP and a cabinet member. Similarly, Starmer forgot to mention, he didn’t sack Kinnock for driving to his dad’s party a few hundred miles down the road. Cummings is an advisor and not like those two elected to serve the nation.

When you consider the absolute dross the right wing media drag up on the daily (see Keir Starmer's mum's donkey sanctuary) that's an incredible post
But the left supposedly have the moral high ground. Look at how many articles in the Guardian over the years criticising the gutter tabloids and Murdoch. Yet at times like this they’re no better hanging on Cummings’ every movement and getting this exclusive.

How exactly is that worse than printing utter nonsense? I'm keen to know

Yeah. Definitely the journalists we need to be putting under scrutiny at this moment in time (!)

He f***ed up. Spectacularly so. He's been caught out. There's no other story here

How exactly is that worse than printing utter nonsense? I'm keen to know

Yeah. Definitely the journalists we need to be putting under scrutiny at this moment in time (!)

He f***ed up. Spectacularly so. He's been caught out. There's no other story here
Not denying he’s seemingly broken the guidance but probably not the law and it’s highly unlikely the police will even ask the CPS to bring a case. I’m questioning as a civil servant myself if it fair to have a trial by media? Particularly as Cummings has no way to directly reply.

This guy can’t just be sacked by the prime minister, not technically anyway. It would have to be someone like Mark Sedwill that would fire him. That can’t just happen overnight anyway like the taking away of the whip of an MP. I still stand the view if anyone should be sacked it’s Jenrick and Kinnock rather than a back office strategist.

Not broken the law? Pull the other one. His excuse was complete bollocks. And there's gonna be more. I just know there's gonna be more.

He's undermined everything. The instruction. The national interest. The fines. Integrity. Everything.

He's a cretinous, snivelling little rat who deserves everything that's coming to him. Ghastly human. Zero sympathy

"Trial by media" is a fitting fate for such a deplorable character. Sweetly poetic, you might say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back