☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying 1st July, first day of jet2 flights but still so many hurdles to overcome such as FCO advice still stating only essential travel abroad and of course the new 14 day quarantine. My hotel still doesn't know whether it will be open by then....Guess its just wait and see

6 weeks bliss before the tourists return. (to loosely paraphrase Sanchez)

how many will turn up is another matter...

If it allows the business to get a small amount of income this summer and survive then great.

But for me personally its too soon for me to travel, i'd want our scientists to know more about the virus first and I wouldent feel like I could relax.

Dubai announced opening of public beaches, gyms and cinema this coming Tuesday. Alcohol service in restaurants can resume (no standing at bars though) from tomorrow.

I actually went to the mall for the first time today since lockdown begun (Matt has now been out of store and isolating for 10 weeks) and we were talking about the mandatory use of masks and how, even if they only work minimally for the wearer and the people around them, they are a constant in your face (or on your face) reminder that there’s something serious going on and people should be taking precautions, keeping their distance and being mindful of each other. If we were in the mall today without them it would have all seemed very normal. Too normal.

Yes, they’re extremely irritating in the 40° heat. But the quicker we abide, the quicker we get out of it.

For us Brits, the wee island of Guernsey will be open soon, hotels, bars etc by the sound of it. No flights from the mainland yet though, except for "essential" stuff.

Probably about as "Ibiza" as we're gonna get this year, how's about Pacha @ St. Peters Port? Amnesia @ Albecq? Turn Chouet beach into Salinas?

Not sure the locals would be used to 6'5" drag queens with hair even higher wandering round the streets of Les Capelles trying to entice us in to cramped bars selling lager at 8 euros/pint. But there's a first for everything. Guernsey...your call....!!!

Dubai announced opening of public beaches, gyms and cinema this coming Tuesday. Alcohol service in restaurants can resume (no standing at bars though) from tomorrow.

Mother of god

For us Brits, the wee island of Guernsey will be open soon, hotels, bars etc by the sound of it. No flights from the mainland yet though, except for "essential" stuff.

Probably about as "Ibiza" as we're gonna get this year, how's about Pacha @ St. Peters Port? Amnesia @ Albecq? Turn Chouet beach into Salinas?

Not sure the locals would be used to 6'5" drag queens with hair even higher wandering round the streets of Les Capelles trying to entice us in to cramped bars selling lager at 8 euros/pint. But there's a first for everything. Guernsey...your call....!!!

Been to Guernsey too many times on business and lots of difficult times there - too many 'associations' to enjoy it for a holiday lol !!

I’m confident my trip in September will be going ahead. No clubs or events at a guess, but as long as I can get out there for a week I will be well chuffed. Hope everyone who has holidays coming up gets the go ahead, it’s well needed after what’s happened ?

Dear Benedict Cumberbatch, after your brilliant portrayal of Dominic Cummings in Brexit: The Uncivil War...could you do it again in a (sort of) sequel? London Lockdown: No Way. There's lots of driving involved though, on the + side some trips out, thoughts?

Dear Benedict Cumberbatch, after your brilliant portrayal of Dominic Cummings in Brexit: The Uncivil War...could you do it again in a (sort of) sequel? London Lockdown: No Way. There's lots of driving involved though, on the + side some trips out, thoughts?

Could be similar in style to that bit in Skyfall where Bond drives London to Scotland, except with a more civil servant than secret agent vibe.

Oooft my twitter is going MAD tonight with the briefing and all of this.

I think the majority of brits now will just be like ‘f*** this’ - a serious lack of control will be able to be in place and it’ll be ‘back to normal’ pretty soon.

Oooft my twitter is going MAD tonight with the briefing and all of this.

I think the majority of brits now will just be like ‘f*** this’ - a serious lack of control will be able to be in place and it’ll be ‘back to normal’ pretty soon.
Future enquiry:
"So how did the second wave start?"

"Well your honour, when Dominic Cummings decided to drive 270 miles to his second residence and the prime minister said that was fine....."

Watching twitter, political sites, listening to the radio - the country is in complete meltdown tonight.

The most used example is - people couldn't hold the hands of people dying, not even let into the hospital to say goodbye, and there are thousands stuck inside cities with kids when they could be in second homes or rented accommodation/caravans away from it all, yet a government official has the PM's backing to swan all round the country infecting everyone on his way.

If there were riots I'd join in, my blood's boiling and all the sacrifices we have made have come to nothing.

And flaming hell, if we COULD get to Ibiza (or anywhere) we couldn't as we would be in quarantine for two weeks on return. I just hope his fellow MP's turn against Johnson himself. He's not fit to wipe my arse. He's just a selfish, self-serving arrogant knob. With apologies to knobs.

I wonder what Dominic Cummings has over the PM? Boris is pretty good at throwing people under the bus if it suits him?

Probably a mixture of having some dirt but also being good at his job. Regardless of your political views Cummings won the Brexit vote and got Boris into no10 with a landslide. I think he's a complete C U next Tuesday like most of us do, but you can't deny he's effective at his job.

I think this will have very bad consqeunces for maintaining any form of lockdown, the public have lost confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back