Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

I thought cocoon would of at least changed the day...got competition again with DC 10

You raise a good point. As much as this is amazing news that it’s back, does it resolve the same old issue that there is a club with 5,000+ capacity to fill and up against Circo Loco? But with no Music On now, maybe that will change habits.

I thought cocoon would of at least changed the day...got competition again with DC 10

I said that after the move to wednesday last year: maybe they shouldn't look at the ones who won't go to cocoon because of circoloco but the ones who still come over from circoloco. at pacha they had no "preparty" that fed them punters. now you have people who are out that day anyway and come for sven on the terrace :)

I said that after the move to wednesday last year: maybe they shouldn't look at the ones who won't go to cocoon because of circoloco but the ones who still come over from circoloco. at pacha they had no "preparty" that fed them punters. now you have people who are out that day anyway and come for sven on the terrace :)
Hope you right for your lots sake I know how you LOVE cocoon

I still think there is another twist in this tale for the alternating weeks...

Tbh I quite enjoyed Cocoon at Pacha but appreciate that I am in the minority there. As others have said there were big problems within cocoon at Amnesia that I don’t think will be completely papered over by a surge of nostalgia. We shall see.

Gutted, there on Monday 3rd June and its a Pyramid night. Really hope they do something on the alternate weeks!

What are the odds of them doing Destino or Benimussa on the non-Amnesia weeks? Something like that would be fantastic.

I still think there is another twist in this tale for the alternating weeks...

Tbh I quite enjoyed Cocoon at Pacha but appreciate that I am in the minority there. As others have said there were big problems within cocoon at Amnesia that I don’t think will be completely papered over by a surge of nostalgia. We shall see.

I really loved Cocoon at Pacha too and if Amnesia wasn't an option would have been more than happy to have continued on there - but I can't dispute that Amnesia is their real home and a proper Cocoon party is to be had on that terrace!

I’m almost scared to say this here and probably going to be crucified ? but if true and unless they have other plans up their sleeve, is it not going to come across as a bit of a “demotion” this bi-weekly affair for an established brand like Cocoon, especially considering ii is its 20th anniversary?

I’m almost scared to say this here and probably going to be crucified ? but if true and unless they have other plans up their sleeve, is it not going to come across as a bit of a “demotion” this bi-weekly affair for an established brand like Cocoon, especially considering ii is its 20th anniversary?

Amnesia every other week and im assuming other venues the weeks they are not at Amnesia is pretty great.

I agree with you. There are clearly going to be other cocoon parties, but after 19 years it is definitely a down grade to no longer have a weekly residency in Ibiza, regardless of how the ultras choose to spin it.

Sven isn’t for me, however, he’s done something incredible with cocoon. It’s endured much more than most.

I think until their plans on the other weeks are revealed then you can't really say that.

With it being their 20th (and possible last) year I think this year will be much bigger than recent years

I agree with you. There are clearly going to be other cocoon parties, but after 19 years it is definitely a down grade to no longer have a weekly residency in Ibiza, regardless of how the ultras choose to spin it.

Sven isn’t for me, however, he’s done something incredible with cocoon. It’s endured much more than most.

How do you know there won’t be a weekly residency?

Back