Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

Absolutely no chance they gonna do a small villa after for the closing of their anniversary season. And they shouldn‘t! It‘s gonna be for all and be huuuuge.

Agreed - they may well do a small villa afters for a party between now and the end of the season but for the closing for sure it will be at a larger venue! Take a look at the closing for the last few years to get a rough idea of what kind of venue you can expect - Destino, Benimussa Park, KM5 etc

I’ve only ever been to the larger scale, more public ones but believe me they are incredible and you couldn’t ask for anything better from a crowd, atmosphere and music perspective!

Agreed - they may well do a small villa afters for a party between now and the end of the season but for the closing for sure it will be at a larger venue! Take a look at the closing for the last few years to get a rough idea of what kind of venue you can expect - Destino, Benimussa Park, KM5 etc

I’ve only ever been to the larger scale, more public ones but believe me they are incredible and you couldn’t ask for anything better from a crowd, atmosphere and music perspective!

Yeah they are awesome for sure, but they are not afters. It’s just another party the next day.

I was just watching a documentary on the history of house and electronic music last night a made me realise just how big an influence kraftwerk had.

Does the scene do enough to celebrate it's influencers and legends? Look at football, pop music, rock etc, most kids that are into them will have been made aware of the legends of that field. Is there enough of that in electronic music? I'm not saying yes, or no, it just sometimes feels less that in other genres of music or sport...

I was just watching a documentary on the history of house and electronic music last night a made me realise just how big an influence kraftwerk had.

very true, the impact on Detroit was massive - and all an accident really in a more innocent age. I don't know if anyone else on here is into 'electro' but there are people like I-F and Intergalactic Gary still committed to playing it alongside early synth/proto-house/techno, where you can still hear the kraftwerk, Bambaata and Cybotron influence. This stuff is pretty dark though and will never cross over - so will be interesting to see how they approach an IBZ crowd and vice versa!

Does the scene do enough to celebrate it's influencers and legends? Look at football, pop music, rock etc, most kids that are into them will have been made aware of the legends of that field. Is there enough of that in electronic music? I'm not saying yes, or no, it just sometimes feels less that in other genres of music or sport...
I think among true music fans yes. But a large percentage of people that go to clubs don't really care about that, they might know a few tunes but they are mainly just going out for the party.

very true, the impact on Detroit was massive - and all an accident really in a more innocent age. I don't know if anyone else on here is into 'electro' but there are people like I-F and Intergalactic Gary still committed to playing it alongside early synth/proto-house/techno, where you can still hear the kraftwerk, Bambaata and Cybotron influence. This stuff is pretty dark though and will never cross over - so will be interesting to see how they approach an IBZ crowd and vice versa!
Definitely not a show that will attract most ibiza holiday goers, most probably will have never heard of kraftwerk. But that's what coukd make it really special as 95% people in that crowd are going to be well clued up and appreciative music fans.

Definitely not a show that will attract most ibiza holiday goers, most probably will have never heard of kraftwerk. But that's what coukd make it really special as 95% people in that crowd are going to be well clued up and appreciative music fans.
This, exactly ?

but there are people like I-F and Intergalactic Gary still committed to playing it alongside early synth/proto-house/techno

I saw Intergalactic Gary at Corsica Studios in London earlier in the year. I love the way he mixes up several styles over a set. I could see this working in Ibiza at a small venue or Pacha Funky Room.

Back