Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

I really can’t imagine this being the case. Hï is going down a very EDM path, and that works for them. And we all saw what happened with Afterlife at Hï.

Not sure it is really.. Afterlife seems to be staying put as is Black Coffee presumably. Then this 24 hour thing will almost certainly be techno...

If they have sensibility they will see that EDM is dead in the water and all the kids want tech now. Its not very instagrammable to be seen at a Guetta or Garrix gig anymore - and social media drives everything.

Trying to get parties with the credibility of Cocoon I imagine could be a sensible long term business plan for them.

Fortunately Cocoon seems to have dropped enough hints about Amnesia but I do wonder if they will move around to more places across the island over the course of the summer, with Hï potentially being one. I remember one quote about Cocoon “stretching it’s legs” this year.

as I had already written before, there will be an event on May 25th at hI, so I'm willing to bet that cocoon will be 'ushuaia + hi

Maybe as a one off, but not a permanent move to Sats due to Black Coffee's residency, unless that's in jeopardy now.

I wish it could come back to Amnesia, but if does it won't be on Mondays cuz of Pyramid. Even on a different day they would eat into each other

Maybe as a one off, but not a permanent move to Sats due to Black Coffee's residency, unless that's in jeopardy now.

I wish it could come back to Amnesia, but if does it won't be on Mondays cuz of Pyramid. Even on a different day they would eat into each other

But what if Music On vacates Friday? I’m sure Amnesia would consider shifting one season veterans Pyramid around to welcome back an old techno friend and the resurgence, nostalgia and intrigue that may bring through the doors.

Not really impressed with cocoon at ushusia. Won't have the vibe of say cocoon at benimussa or Km5.
If if was either of them or I would have considered flying out for it.

I’d like it better at Beninussa, but Ushuaia is not bad. Like someone said before the 5-9 shift is pretty fun and then if you want a big show, stay for when things shift over to the main stage. My gripes with Ushuaia is that that stupid pool takes up too much real estate and there is too much concrete. They need to make that place feel more like the beach and less like a Vegas pool party.

Cocoon at ushusia doesn't interest me personally and I'm a big voccon fan. Much in the same way not much else at ushusia interests me.
I'm not so anti matutes I don't care much about that, but ushusia as a venue itself could literally be any festival in the world or Vegas etc.
I like the clubs in ibiza because they have a long history and each are unique in their own way. Ushusia is just another stage.

I’d like it better at Beninussa, but Ushuaia is not bad. Like someone said before the 5-9 shift is pretty fun and then if you want a big show, stay for when things shift over to the main stage. My gripes with Ushuaia is that that stupid pool takes up too much real estate and there is too much concrete. They need to make that place feel more like thes beach and less like a Vegas pool party.
That's the my exact issue with it, the venue just doesn't seem very 'ibiza', big stages like that are constructed and dismantled at nearly every festival going.

It will be a good day/night for sure, I just wouldnt fly to Spain for it when it will be no different from cocoon stages at festivals in UK etc

Not really impressed with cocoon at ushusia. Won't have the vibe of say cocoon at benimussa or Km5.
If if was either of them or I would have considered flying out for it.

That's the my exact issue with it, the venue just doesn't seem very 'ibiza', big stages like that are constructed and dismantled at nearly every festival going.

It will be a good day/night for sure, I just wouldnt fly to Spain for it when it will be no different from cocoon stages at festivals in UK etc

so you know who is playing at the event then?

Exactly my thoughts... I've been twice, and never felt a good vibe there... And this stupid pool in the middle of the place kills the atmosphere...

Man people of the facebook world are killing Cocoon for having a single event at Ushuaia... who cares. If they announced a season long residency there ok fine crush them for it, but its one event as already stated a million times over and its Sven in the open air. I wont argue that Ushuaia sucks, I for one dont like it and would take Destino any day over it, but I dont see what all the commotion is about really. I have no inside knowledge or anything else but i for one would be surprised to see Cocoon end up anywhere other than Amnesia this year with both parties admitting it should have never left. I can easily see Pyramid getting bumped to perhaps Wednesday or disbanded altogether with Cocoon's return (why even bother to have it really if you have Cocoon back). End of the day I think all will be back to norm but i guess we'll learn sooner than later either way.

Pyramid seem to have put a fair bit of effort building their brand up with a few high profile showcases in the U.K. since the summer.

Can’t imagine they would have bothered if they weren’t in the Ibiza picture this year.

I’d like it better at Beninussa, but Ushuaia is not bad. Like someone said before the 5-9 shift is pretty fun and then if you want a big show, stay for when things shift over to the main stage. My gripes with Ushuaia is that that stupid pool takes up too much real estate and there is too much concrete. They need to make that place feel more like the beach and less like a Vegas pool party.
Do they even use that pool for guests? Am sure it's just for show.

I agree should design some form of stage to cover it like they did for ASOT years back for Armin worked really well.

Do they even use that pool for guests? Am sure it's just for show.

I still don't think that there has ever been a mass pool invasion at an Ushuaia party? Anyone know? I suppose people are always worried about their wallets and phones etc. But a few people per group did it then would work.

You can bet your life Sven would have a massive smile on his face if it happened during his set.

I still don't think that there has ever been a mass pool invasion at an Ushuaia party? Anyone know? I suppose people are always worried about their wallets and phones etc. But a few people per group did it then would work.

You can bet your life Sven would have a massive smile on his face if it happened during his set.

It looks deep as tbh!

Is the island that busy at the end of May? Or is it the ame weekend as the IMS in Ibiza town?

I sound like a broken record, but it is more about the type of people on the island during that time. No school holidays and kids listening to EDM go to openings in May.... they arrive late June to late August. So like closings the crowd is often older, more into less commercial music, and hence why the Cocoon date.

IMS finishes Friday 24th. Most of the events are at Hard Rock / Ushuaia. Now you see why they decided to go for 25 May!

I guess it's from it's days as a hotel. My first time there some brid lad in red swimming shorts and flipflops ended up in the pool. Security frantically trying to get him out, mainly because of the sfx flame throwers in the pool which he was swimming towards and around.

Pulled the lad out and fished out his soggy passport for him too?

Never been Ushuaïa but is the pool just in the middle of the dancefloor? Someone must have had a bit too much ? at some point and fallen in there by now surely..

Back