COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

Which one of you rubbed Richie Hawtin up the wrong way at 07:10 this morning.....

"Most depressing sign of club culture.beautiful newcomers stuffed in2a toilet doing lines of cocaineNOTcool OR sexy&nothing2do with our MUSIC"

Source: Twitter

He's a complete douche and sucks these days. Get off your high horse and remember where you came from.

He's a complete douche and sucks these days. Get off your high horse and remember where you came from.

so you are calling him a douche because he twittered his own opinion and the very true observation that taking cocaine on a disco toilet got nothing to do with music? he is completely right, why would that make him a douche or on a high horse?
or is this your general opinion about hawtin and got nothing to do with the tweet?

In a world of streamlined DJ postings on social media "thank you *CITY*, you are amazing" I love his frankness.

Well the fact that Hawtin himself has been pictured looking f***** before doesn't really give him grounds to start going off on a rant about how taking drugs has nothing to do with music.

A friend told me Ricardo dropped a mix of Calvin Harris - Feel ft. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry and Big Sean...He said everyone was looking around like WTF?!?!? Can anyone confirm and add some more detail.

Which one of you rubbed Richie Hawtin up the wrong way at 07:10 this morning.....

"Most depressing sign of club culture.beautiful newcomers stuffed in2a toilet doing lines of cocaineNOTcool OR sexy&nothing2do with our MUSIC"

Source: Twitter

To be fair you'd need to be off your chops to enjoy the guff he's been playing for years.

so you are calling him a douche because he twittered his own opinion and the very true observation that taking cocaine on a disco toilet got nothing to do with music? he is completely right, why would that make him a douche or on a high horse?
or is this your general opinion about hawtin and got nothing to do with the tweet?

In a world of streamlined DJ postings on social media "thank you *CITY*, you are amazing" I love his frankness.

Not sure if he's completely right. Coke and techno has a great long history together. A history that includes Richie stuffed in bathroom stalls himself.

Between his Saki business and his general holier than thou attitude, he comes of douchey imo. His sets have also been uninspiring for years now.

Coke and techno has a great long history together.

what about pop- and rockstars on drugs? coke and rock'n'roll have a great long history together, too. and it's not as if everybody who listens to rock or techno is also taking drugs. that's why I say drugs have nothing to do with enjoying music.

what about pop- and rockstars on drugs? coke and rock'n'roll have a great long history together, too. and it's not as if everybody who listens to rock or techno is also taking drugs. that's why I say drugs have nothing to do with enjoying music.
I kinda get what your saying but don’t really agree, I think techno (heavy dance) Music has and will always be associated with drug taking. There are an awful lot of people who wouldn’t even consider going to a dance music event without some kind of drug on them so you can’t say drugs have nothing to do with enjoying music. I personally really like techno music even if not on drugs however I do feel that if I take a substance of some sort I enjoy the night and feel the music more than I would sober and I sure 75% of people would back this up.

Rock n Roll is different because you would go see you favourite band for let’s say a couple hours and then that’s it not many people could stand in a room for 6+ hours listening to techno and not take some form of drug. Obviously a lot of people do do this but an awful lot more take drugs to enjoy it

Not sure if he's completely right. Coke and techno has a great long history together. A history that includes Richie stuffed in bathroom stalls himself.

Between his Saki business and his general holier than thou attitude, he comes of douchey imo. His sets have also been uninspiring for years now.

about 20 years to be exact...

Of course. I never said it was exclusive to techno. Drugs and music have loosely been tied to each other since the beginning of time.

Last edited:
I'm not Richie superfan - though I do enjoy him from time-to-time (he has bored me to tears many times too), but I thought it was quite an unnecessary comment to be posting to his socials. I hope this was an altercation backstage and not a generalisation of the crowd who were present.
Youngster are impressionable. And he's hardly one to talk. I'd rather kids were doing gear in toilets then have superstar DJs pushing monitors onto paying customers.

Back