COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

get a grip guys :lol: we're still a few weeks away from the opening party, do you REALLY think anyone would give anything away regarding the closing party afterhours right now? come on, it's exactly 5 months aways still!!!

the only thing you need to know is that there will be one and that traditionally it's always one where everyone is welcome :)

Hahaha funny! It is only just openings and we are thinking of the closings....i am already excited abour priv and cocoon closing! Haha

Weighing in late here but as an avowed proponent of Main Room Sven I have to agree with Chris, Aregandj and Stivi that 11 September takes the cake when compared to 4 September...or any other night of the season for that matter. Prob a minority opinion, but wow...Sven all night in the Club and Ricardo on the Terrace, that's some golden era magic on tap.

So for me 11 Sep is hands down the gem of the season...already dreading the FOMO that night, and will be imploring the trainspotters to charge batteries and catch as many Shazams as possible.

Next picks for me would be the stretch of 31 Jul - 7 Aug - 14 Aug, all three of which just look lights out. Peak season, would expect no less. Likely will make it for one of those, last minute...plus the Opening. Can't wait.

Last edited:
^^ I would say July 24th even as well. Sven, Solomun alone is great, but then you got like a Drumcode takeover in the main room! I've always wanted to see Solomun on that Amnesia terrace arrgh. Maybe I'm crazy enough to extend my trip from the 21st to the 26th so I could catch this date plus even that Sasha and Digweed Priv opening arrgh.

^^ I would say July 24th even as well. Sven, Solomun alone is great, but then you got like a Drumcode takeover in the main room! I've always wanted to see Solomun on that Amnesia terrace arrgh. Maybe I'm crazy enough to extend my trip from the 21st to the 26th so I could catch this date plus even that Sasha and Digweed Priv opening arrgh.

i think it would be worth it! i'm over that weekend and there is a massive amount going on

Do people still try and get in at sixish? Wow. €70 for an hour or twos worth of music... Expensive!
I mentioned this a couple pages back and believe it or not they I got told they actually drop the price! I know shock!! Something in Ibiza actually made cheaper :eek:

I mentioned this a couple pages back and believe it or not they I got told they actually drop the price! I know shock!! Something in Ibiza actually made cheaper :eek:

I had said I *think* they do, but I am honestly not sure. I also know of people that still paid 50€ to get into cocoon at 5am just for the last 2 hours.

I had said I *think* they do, but I am honestly not sure. I also know of people that still paid 50€ to get into cocoon at 5am just for the last 2 hours.

You'd hope they do... but hey. Minus the really cheap nights / free before 4am nights, not sure I've ever got to a club after about 2am before :lol:
Get the most time for your money

not sure I've ever got to a club after about 2am before :lol:
This is the same as me! I usually arrive quite early on in the night and see the whole thing, I don't understand why you'd turn up for only the last 3 hours and only headline acts, I like getting there when its not busy to find my feet have a walk around and relaxed drink and enjoy the warm up DJs

This is the same as me! I usually arrive quite early on in the night and see the whole thing, I don't understand why you'd turn up for only the last 3 hours and only headline acts

It's interesting to see how the crowd develops. For example, Cream seems to be much busier much earlier on compared to Cocoon, BUT, Cream's clubbers start to disappear by about 4am, which is about when Cocoon was heaving when I went. That didn't really let up til about 6am. I guess different music, and people doing the DC10 double header too effects things.

I like getting there when its not busy to find my feet have a walk around and relaxed drink and enjoy the warm up DJs

I wish more people thought like this in the UK.

the more mainstream nights get busy very early. the more underground nights get busy later. the more mainstream nights empty sooner than the more underground ones. it's the same across all clubs on the island.

It's interesting to see how the crowd develops. For example, Cream seems to be much busier much earlier on compared to Cocoon, BUT, Cream's clubbers start to disappear by about 4am, which is about when Cocoon was heaving when I went. That didn't really let up til about 6am. I guess different music, and people doing the DC10 double header too effects things.

I wish more people thought like this in the UK.
Also I think the alot of the people who go Cocoon will be going to see a certain DJ and are there for much more music related reasons, cream will have loads of people just on a big piss up and don't really care whose playing as much.

I live in London and take this same approach to any event I go to whatever it is! I will always arrive at fabric for open i.e 11/11:30 and day events like Printworks I never arrived later than 2pm. Like you say I like to see the venue and night build up and don't want to arrive when everything is at its peak

Back