COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

XTC is a boss tune

but some of Koze's other work sounded a bit too glitchy/minimal for me, like that sascha funke remix he did a few years back. There were loadsa producers going for that ketamine vibe at the time

i understand if its enter or music on or any techno night/ label.

but cocoon is different.

and then you got to enjoy cocoon ;)
Yeh gonna give it another chance...god loves a tryer hahaha...

If I hear good things about a night I will try again,

same with music on, been twice and liked it once but will go again in June and hope I like it, It can be good but its hit and miss

Not too shabby. Just waiting on week 2 and the first 2 mosaic line ups to be announced then after a small discussion with my better half, decide which week it's Sven and which is maceo.
Would have done all 4 in my younger years.

I went in cocoon in 2008, 2011, 2012 amd was bored and didnt like the music! You lot have been banging om about it so much I am going to give it another chance! I did have friends that went closing last year and they thought it was amazing! I willl prob be a cocoon lover when the closings have finished we shall see lol.... Must be good if u plan your nights out around cocoon!

Looking at the years you went before, it def is worth giving another try. IIRC 2007-2011 were the peak of Sven's main room, destroy-your-soul, hard techno and weird sounds era. Personally my favorite period but in any case quite different than the way he plays on the terrace. 2012 was the first year he set up shop on the terrace regularly, which just happened to be the first year someone else broke away to start his own residency there...

In any case Sven on the Terrace in 2017 is going to be a far different experience than Sven in the main room in 2008 or 2011. Totally worth another try.

From a selfish perspective I'd love to have main room Sven back for a few nights one of these seasons...

Last edited:
And to tie this back to the question about what to expect from Koze...hands down my favorite production from Koze was his remix of Soy Como Soy, from that same era of 2007-2011 when it was Papa Sven the Punisher in the main room. Also remixes like these are prob what gave you the idea that Koze played heavy techno, @aregandj ...

I actually haven't heard Koze play before - can't wait - but the best barometer for his taste has to be the stuff he signs to his own label, Pampa. Much lighter and more cerebral.

Looking at the years you went before, it def is worth giving another try. IIRC 2007-2011 were the peak of Sven's main room, destroy-your-soul, hard techno and weird sounds era. Personally my favorite period but in any case quite different than the way he plays on the terrace. 2012 was the first year he set up shop on the terrace regularly, which just happened to be the first year someone else broke away to start his own residency there...

In any case Sven on the Terrace in 2017 is going to be a far different experience than Sven in the main room in 2008 or 2011. Totally worth another try.

From a selfish perspective I'd love to have main room Sven back for a few nights one of these seasons...
Exactly!!! Thats why I am going to try again. I am excited to go and see what all the hype is about. Wasnt a sven fan before but heard his set at caprice festival and was really good so we will see...;)

And to tie this back to the question about what to expect from Koze...hands down my favorite production from Koze was his remix of Soy Como Soy, from that same era of 2007-2011 when it was Papa Sven the Punisher in the main room. Also remixes like these are prob what gave you the idea that Koze played heavy techno, @aregandj ...

I actually haven't heard Koze play before - can't wait - but the best barometer for his taste has to be the stuff he signs to his own label, Pampa. Much lighter and more cerebral.

such a great track

This is a tune Koze often has looping under other stuff...have been trying to track it with the vocal for a while. He used this on Saturday over the top of an &me tune. Worked a treat

When you get tix online do you have to show the bank card on the door you used for the purchase?

Not usually unless anything goes wrong i.e. It doesn't scan. My advice is always try and fold the ticket around the barcode.

Back