COCOON @ Amnesia 2017

Turning 30 just recently and traveling with the old lady most of the time these days I'll probably never have the chance to take that kind of trip but I would definitely do that if it were possible for me. Hoping to do a big trip with some of the boys in 2018 pairing BCN Off week and Ibiza, or if that doesnt come together than its Time Warp for 2018, really a win either way, but I've been dying to do a solid 5 days BCN Off Week + 5 days Ibiza trip.
That sounds like a good enough plan to me! Think next year I could skip Ibiza! I want to do Off week aswell and also want to give BPM in Portugal a try if it gets good reviews. Budget wouldn't stretch to fit Ibiza in along with tho! Also got timewarp hi on the list to hit!

Last edited:
Could anyone explain what kinda techno Koze plays? I heard only good things but never seen him live. I've tried to find some mixes of his to listen to but can't seem to find any on soundcloud and curious what all the hype is about. So if anyone could give me some DJs with a similar style that would be great

Could anyone explain what kinda techno Koze plays? I heard only good things but never seen him live. I've tried to find some mixes of his to listen to but can't seem to find any on soundcloud and curious what all the hype is about. So if anyone could give me some DJs with a similar style that would be great

he's on the housier side of things and mostly plays pretty mellow. as a producer he's fantastic, as a DJ I've heard a few great sets and a few that I thought were solid, but didn't blow me away.

he's on the housier side of things and mostly plays pretty mellow. as a producer he's fantastic, as a DJ I've heard a few great sets and a few that I thought were solid, but didn't blow me away.
Ohhhh I've been getting it completely wrong then! From what I've read I thought he was on the heavier side of things! Will have to try catch his set at Junction 2 this year then

Ohhhh I've been getting it completely wrong then! From what I've read I thought he was on the heavier side of things! Will have to try catch his set at Junction 2 this year then

no totally not a banging techno DJ. just search for his productions (and remixes) on youtube, this will give you an idea. I'm sure there are a few tracks you'll recognize ;)

These should give you an idea. His sets are quite varied but for me in that room would be perfect warm up set for Sven, trippy and deep, some druggy vocals. Also can often go on unexpected tangents looping in old soul records.

His productions and remixes can go on the harder side (see top two) but doesn't tend to go full techno.

Seeing him play on Saturday. Always one to get excited about seeing but no idea how he'lol follow MCDE and Jeremy Underground - really interested to see this!

Edit* just remembered when I saw him last summer at sonar he spilt my group of friends right down the middle when he played some world music into xtc...I thought it was a stroke of genius and I was actually sober at that point! Some of my friends thought it was too much though. Probably says more about my friends than it does him though haha!*

Last edited:

These should give you an idea. His sets are quite varied but for me in that room would be perfect warm up set for Sven, trippy and deep, some druggy vocals. Also can often go on unexpected tangents looping in old soul records.

His productions and remixes can go on the harder side (see top two) but doesn't tend to go full techno.

Seeing him play on Saturday. Always one to get excited about seeing but no idea how he'lol follow MCDE and Jeremy Underground - really interested to see this!
Thanks! The one track I do have that I've just realised is associated with him is. Acid Pauli - Nana! What a track that is

To be honest he hasn't always played out all that much previously but seems to be peaking somewhat in terms of bookings this summer as already seen he's playing in London 3 times at least these next months which is virtually unheard of.

I've seen Koze a number of times and agree with @stivi statement that he is typically on the housier side of things. He can totally thump it out as well as he did last year when he played in the main room opening up for Sven in Sept at Cocoon. I wouldn't expect that from him on the terrace though as he is one of those guys who will definitely play to the room, but he is definitely quality and worth getting there early to check out.

Last edited:
I went in cocoon in 2008, 2011, 2012 amd was bored and didnt like the music! You lot have been banging om about it so much I am going to give it another chance! I did have friends that went closing last year and they thought it was amazing! I willl prob be a cocoon lover when the closings have finished we shall see lol.... Must be good if u plan your nights out around cocoon!

If you didn't like it the last 3 times it's probably best not to waste any more time or cash on it :)

I went in cocoon in 2008, 2011, 2012 amd was bored and didnt like the music! You lot have been banging om about it so much I am going to give it another chance! I did have friends that went closing last year and they thought it was amazing! I willl prob be a cocoon lover when the closings have finished we shall see lol.... Must be good if u plan your nights out around cocoon!

then ur not into techno :cool:

I thought Koze was great last year, amazing dj and producer. I have a great photo on my phone about 3am reeeeeeaaaaaly enjoying myself with my wife...!

Back