*** Cocoon 2013 ***

I have a dilemma for 30th Sept. Got a flight back to Engand tuesday mid morning meaning id have to be at the airport for 9AM.

Am I right in thinking cocoon closing will be going on till midday maybe even later. Here is the problem, I would only be able to stay till around 8am. I was planning on fitting Circo loco in during the day. Been following the line ups closely this year and have noticed it seems to be going on till later, sometimes even 4am.

What do people think who have been Circo loco and Cocoon this year, is doing both doable, is it worth leaving at 2/230 missing a bit to get 5/5 and a half hours of cocoon closing in?

Last year we went to both. DC10 and then onto Cocoon Closing. Got to Cocoon about 1.30/2.00am and it was very quiet and the music was boring too (this was Ricardo and who ever else was on before him on the Terrace). We battled it out til about 6.00am and music wise it didn't get any better (It is my understanding that the music did get a lot better from 7am when Loco Dice came on and the place filled up) so we just headed off back to our hotel in PDB. Got our heads down for a few hours and went straight to the after party at La Sal Rossa at 12 noon. Stayed there pretty much all day (we left for an hour to get a bite to eat and came back) right till the end.

This year we have discussed not bothering going to Cocoon closing but staying at DC10 longer getting a few hours kip and then straight to Cocoon after party.

nope, that was AMÊ, from the same innervision - label as dixon. dixon played till about 3.30. what a night!

I agree. I was very disappointed with Dettman after reading so much about him online. A couple of good tunes but his set was flat at best. The terrace from half one until quarter to fourish was absolutely sublime. Then I moved into the main room for Sven who was in blistering form. It was pure techno at its best.

That was the quietest cocoon I've been to. Plenty of room to dance in both rooms which I think aided the great atmosphere.

I agree. I was very disappointed with Dettman after reading so much about him online. A couple of good tunes but his set was flat at best.

Interesting. Last time I heard him play solo was at Fabric Room 2 and I thought the set was as boring and uninspired as anything ! Wasn't blown away at Electric Brixton last year either. I haven't actually heard a solo Dettmann performance that rocked my boat much. LONG sets B2B w/Clock @ the Berg - yes, great. But for a long solo set of the 2 of 'em I'd only get excited about the Klockmeister. He's usually decent enough on a short one too but I wouldn't expect even that to necessarily be the set of the night.

Can't decide how to play it on the 30th. Definitely going to Circo Loco first, then I guess to Cocoon at 3am ish. Flight home is at 2pm, but I guess the parties will still be going through that day.

I did see a different return flight for a few days later on skyscanner for £56....

Can't decide how to play it on the 30th. Definitely going to Circo Loco first, then I guess to Cocoon at 3am ish. Flight home is at 2pm, but I guess the parties will still be going through that day.

I did see a different return flight for a few days later on skyscanner for £56....

Do it! You haven't done Ibiza until you wave your missed plane goodbye as its roars over PDB Beach....

Our flight home on the tuesday is at 11am. Think we are going to give Cocoon a miss and just stay DC10 till the very end. Seems to be a bit pointless going Cocoon for 4/5 hours, especially when it will be our last night and we wont exactly be feeling fresh.

going to circo loco on the 30th of september!!
if we decide to go to cocoon at around 3am would there still be outlets selling tickets in PDB at that time in the morning??

dont want to buy tickets beforehand in case we dont make it after dc10

going to circo loco on the 30th of september!!
if we decide to go to cocoon at around 3am would there still be outlets selling tickets in PDB at that time in the morning??

dont want to buy tickets beforehand in case we dont make it after dc10

you'll just have to try and see if the bars in PDB still have some left. else buy on the door...which obviously will turn out more expensive.

Hey guys, I'm going to DC10 today, and I'm not sure if I'll have the strength to carry on to Amnesia after that. I was in Music On at Amnesia and at the after party at Cova Santa and it was amazing. So if there is an after party for the cocoon closing I'd rather go there. Do any of you guys know if there is such an after planned and where?

Thanks

of course there will be an afterparty tomorrow. keep your ears and eyes open and you'll find it :)

right, my opinion hasn't changed after a few hours of sleep, yesterday's cocoon afters were simply AMAZING. during the last few days we were already treated with a lot of good afterparties; the enter after at their villa was really cool because it was pretty private, the music on after at cova santa was great because of the location (it was extremely busy though), the we love afters at pikes were a lot of fun because of the people - and taking dips in the pool was very refreshing...but cocoon simply keep being the absolute kings when it comes to afterparties. destino was just the absolute perfect location to do it, the vibe both daytime as well as after sunset was electric, the music was brilliant from A to Z and it was obviously a massive ibiza family reunion with locals, closing party visitors and industry people. after the nicolas jaar one-off at the same venue a while ago, this event will definitely go down as a personal highlight of this season.

cocoon might not have been the 'hottest ticket of the season' due to their younger competitiors enter and music on, but when it comes down to quality, variety and substance of the night, in my opinion cocoon is still the number one techno night on the island. of course this also has a lot to do with them being connected so strongly on the island and having been around for over a decade already. check out our cocoon film if you still haven't!

Back