*** Cocoon 2013 ***

aah i see. well, last year the DJ booth was on the entrance side of the terrace for cream and together. for all other parties it was where it normally is, at the far end of the terrace. then for matinée and la troya, they use the entry side stage for their shows.

Issue resolved, Thanks Stivi. I LOVE the terrace when it is in it's normal state :D

daytime Amnesia Terrace > sex

controversial, but I'm gonna call it.

maybe if it still looked like this:8)

535795_450611805020973_898130273_n.jpg

One of the best spaces ive ever danced in. Musically I always end up in the main room but with the new positioning of the booth at the far end (historically the booth was always on the entrance side) the terrace is awesome. Im old enough to remember when it was semi open-air and full of trees and trannies. Its changed quite a bit over the years but always remained my favourite club!

I love the terrace! Best "room" on the island for me! Don't like the DJ set up for Cream nights though

One of the best spaces ive ever danced in. Musically I always end up in the main room but with the new positioning of the booth at the far end (historically the booth was always on the entrance side) the terrace is awesome. Im old enough to remember when it was semi open-air and full of trees and trannies. Its changed quite a bit over the years but always remained my favourite club!

I remember all the trees too but cant remember if it was semi open. What year did the full roof go on , anyone know?

I remember all the trees too but cant remember if it was semi open. What year did the full roof go on , anyone know?
1998 is the year the terrace had a roof apparently(Warren D said in another post), the main room roof went on for the 1990 opening.

love the terrace but don't understand why for cream they have it at the end nearest the entrance. fair enough if there was a need for a stage for say a live performance then yeah but last year they just had dj's on a massive stage just using cdj's. makes no sense to me when they have a perfect booth at the other end.......

1998 is the year the terrace had a roof apparently(Warren D said in another post), the main room roof went on for the 1990 opening.

cheers. I went first in 97, but its a bit hazy now (it was then!) , but I defo remember all the trees and stuff. seemed much more "balearic" (to be cliched) back then , now Its just two big rooms (albeit good uns) to me.

Theres old grannys in that picture! For me the terrace is the best room on the island, carola there till daylight last year was unreal. For cocoon I had to leave around 5 and hadn't been on the terrace much that night due to cassy and dubfire playing in the main room so didnt see much of papa Sven on the terrace

cheers. I went first in 97, but its a bit hazy now (it was then!) , but I defo remember all the trees and stuff. seemed much more "balearic" (to be cliched) back then , now Its just two big rooms (albeit good uns) to me.

I remember before the Terrace had a roof too. Was a really nice atmosphere there. Years ago, people went there as a follow-on to Ku as it's so close.

It's obviously different now but notwithstanding the glazing an 'energetic after-hours' feel takes over when the sun comes up. Last year with the later closing times - in the final hour and a bit of that Hawtin / Cocoon night - a sunlit glimmer of the spirit of the Club's past returned and spread through the whole place. Was a wave of joy, fun and unity - the place still going off like the best anywhere, the overcrowding eased back to perfect numbers of people. Many people there "knew" and you could feel the appreciation and almost sense of relief everywhere that it was still alive. Like seeing an old friend you thought had been lost forever. It was incredibly emotional and no drugs involved. Freely admit to kneeling down and kissing the ground outside the club when we finally got chucked out. You can spend endless hours clubbing these days before those elements all come together and it happens like that.

There is something about that place - I've had some of my worst experiences of Ibiza clubbing in there - in recent years it's even felt like something in the club is unhappy about what it's had to become. Or perhaps that's just how I feel about it. But when the Terrace is released from the clutches of the darkness of the night it's a whole different story ...

I get claustrophobic above a certain concentration of people and can't enjoy Amnesia at closing party times when the numbers inside swell to those levels. So I guess those rare moments are all the more special. It just feels completely right.

Christ knows why they have the DJ booth at the entrance end during Cream. I remember it used to be at the other end until recently and it just makes the main room/terrace bottleneck more dangerous.

I remember before the Terrace had a roof too. Was a really nice atmosphere there. Years ago, people went there as a follow-on to Ku as it's so close.

It's obviously different now but notwithstanding the glazing an 'energetic after-hours' feel takes over when the sun comes up. Last year with the later closing times - in the final hour and a bit of that Hawtin / Cocoon night - a sunlit glimmer of the spirit of the Club's past returned and spread through the whole place. Was a wave of joy, fun and unity - the place still going off like the best anywhere, the overcrowding eased back to perfect numbers of people. Many people there "knew" and you could feel the appreciation and almost sense of relief everywhere that it was still alive. Like seeing an old friend you thought had been lost forever. It was incredibly emotional and no drugs involved. Freely admit to kneeling down and kissing the ground outside the club when we finally got chucked out. You can spend endless hours clubbing these days before those elements all come together and it happens like that...

This is pure poetry

Sven and hawtin on the terrace on the 19th... Does this mean the sven and hawtin at space 3 days later?

Do Svens sets differ in style from when he plays on the Terrace rather than the main room? It's just everytime I go to cocoon I always stay on the terrace as the main room is a bit too hard for me, so was just wondering if he played more of a tech house set rather than the full on techno he plays in the main room.

Do Svens sets differ in style from when he plays on the Terrace rather than the main room? It's just everytime I go to cocoon I always stay on the terrace as the main room is a bit too hard for me, so was just wondering if he played more of a tech house set rather than the full on techno he plays in the main room.

yes he definitely plays housier on the terrace. but...don't think this will be the case for the sven&richie date in august! ;)

Back