Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
To pay a ticket and spend your time to go and see loco dice 'perform', with a crowd of other deadbeats essex types, would suggest that that person is a moron. Calling him unique aswell ffs.

You should know that honestly If you're feeling down right now that it is healthy to just have a chat with someone. Even a first rate moron Essex wannabe dead beat who doesn't realise he is in his 30's like me. So if you wanna chat let me know.

@W_I_C - whats the score with 93 Feet East? I know they had to move events before Christmas and their NYE/NYD programming - but looks like that has continued. I did see something about licensing issues but can't find what

@W_I_C - whats the score with 93 Feet East? I know they had to move events before Christmas and their NYE/NYD programming - but looks like that has continued. I did see something about licensing issues but can't find what
I only saw the online speculation, so I'm not sure. Probably some truth in it

I only saw the online speculation, so I'm not sure. Probably some truth in it
Just read they're allowed to reopen, but Friday and Saturdays are now 21+. 18+ the rest of the week, including Sundays

Last saturday several clubs in the Netherlands opened against the rules as a protest against the ongoing restrictions.
Went to Marktkantine in Amsterdam with Joris Voorn, Olivier Weiter and more. The atmosphere was amazing.
25 Amsterdam clubs got a 4500 Euro fine. It seems the mayor of Amsterdam decided to make the fine not too high so clubs could be rebellious and still make profit...but in other cities parties were ended by police, a club in Tilburg got a 10K fine, some clubs were threatened with 50K fines. Ridiculous when you realise nightlife has been closed for almost 2 years now. Yeah we had some festivals and we had ADE but that was all daytime. There's a new press conference tomorrow where they will probably announce clubs can open till 1am for 500 visitors with 3G.
From feb 25th normal capacity in clubs and big events/festivals can take place with 1G (everyone tested).

Last saturday several clubs in the Netherlands opened against the rules as a protest against the ongoing restrictions.
Went to Marktkantine in Amsterdam with Joris Voorn, Olivier Weiter and more. The atmosphere was amazing.
25 Amsterdam clubs got a 4500 Euro fine. It seems the mayor of Amsterdam decided to make the fine not too high so clubs could be rebellious and still make profit...but in other cities parties were ended by police, a club in Tilburg got a 10K fine, some clubs were threatened with 50K fines. Ridiculous when you realise nightlife has been closed for almost 2 years now. Yeah we had some festivals and we had ADE but that was all daytime. There's a new press conference tomorrow where they will probably announce clubs can open till 1am for 500 visitors with 3G.
From feb 25th normal capacity in clubs and big events/festivals can take place with 1G (everyone tested).

To think this country has shops openly allowing prostitution and the smoking of cannabis as well as churning out the worlds most popular djs....

To think this country has shops openly allowing prostitution and the smoking of cannabis as well as churning out the worlds most popular djs....
It's just frustrating at this point.
As someone who grew up with electronic music and seeing the Dutch influence on the industry as a whole, it's really painfull to see how our government has fully ignored it for the past two years. They didnt even mention nightclubs and festivals the last few press conferences.

Not quite covid related- but saw some 'fall out' from Trades '30th birthday' 24+ hour event from this weekend at Egg.

Seems like perfect storm of 40-50 year old clubbers who don't go out any more, very strict licensing / police focus on the event because of the duration and a bit of 'wokery' - some examples

- Complaints about gender stereotyping and assumptions as the queue was only 'Male' or 'Female'
- Over the top searches (hands inside underwear)
- OAP Clubbers having all kinds of perfectly legit medication being taken away / stored away
- Some lady having her difficult to source, expensive to buy lubricant confiscated that she carries on her 'just in case'
- Some slightly homophobic attitudes from staff at the club towards clubbers.

If half of it is true does seem a bit of an oversight to not have staff in place that are a bit more aware of the LGBTQ+ crowd - but then again I am sure many of the crowd probably still think we're in the 90s/early 00s and turned up to the club probably not in the best states

Not quite covid related- but saw some 'fall out' from Trades '30th birthday' 24+ hour event from this weekend at Egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back