Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of promoters don't realise that any djs travelling to the uk from an amber country need to quarantine for 10 days. There are no exemptions for musicians. So can anyone tell me how dixon will play on Saturday when he is supposedly in ibiza a few days before?
well that date he is, or was, listed as playing DC10 isn't going to happen. No idea if he still plans on being on Ibiza

anyone know who the special guests were at fabric in the end? @Char123 did you go? still going?

A lot of promoters don't realise that any djs travelling to the uk from an amber country need to quarantine for 10 days. There are no exemptions for musicians. So can anyone tell me how dixon will play on Saturday when he is supposedly in ibiza a few days before?
Not if the DJ has been double jabbed I believe- same for us plebs

Not sure on Dixon - but a few DJs appear to be travelling now for events next weekend, so I guess most are quarantining sufficiently etc ?

Got this a bit wrong but the UK doesn't recognise the EU's vaccination programme but some EU countries recognise the UK's.
Most importantly, where this forum is concerned at least, Spain are accepting those fully vaccinated +14 days certified from England & Wales. Although, as I understand it, Scotland and N.Ireland residents are using a different system to the NHS one, which means they still need to provide a negative test currently

Anyway, this is chat for here.

Is that correct? I was not aware
True.
My best friend had to cancel his ibiza trip for this.
He lives in Singapore(Green list), he is double jabbed, and he planned to spend a month in ibiza before visiting his family in UK.
He cancelled his trip in ibiza and will go directly to the UK.(without quarantine from Singapore)

well that date he is, or was, listed as playing DC10 isn't going to happen. No idea if he still plans on being on Ibiza

anyone know who the special guests were at fabric in the end? @Char123 did you go? still going?
I went in on sunday at like 11am and avery(was great) was on at like midday and jamie xx was a special guest at 4pm. Fold with dax j and cleric on fri night was the pick of the music this weekend though. Huge sets

Last edited:
Carl Cox on Brighton Beach Friday was good. Could have been louder, but still a really good night. Everyone was bang on it, you could tell people wanted to really let go. Great atmosphere, really friendly, ages across the board...and absolutely no masks in sight.

As far as Carl Cox himself went, personally I was slightly disappointed. He did 2.5 hours, and seemed like a kid in a candystore not really knowing what to play next. So you went from tech-house, to old skool rave anthems, to Born Slippy, to Right here Right now (nod to the Brighton massive), and then ended on Rag and effing Bone Man!

I don't think anyone expected 3 hours of full on techno...and to be fair the crowd did lap up the anthems...but I thought it was all a bit disjointed. Still an awesome night and great to be out raving again, chatting to randoms etc...and I think we can let him off after 18 months of no live gigs (in the UK at least)!

Carl Cox on Brighton Beach Friday was good. Could have been louder, but still a really good night. Everyone was bang on it, you could tell people wanted to really let go. Great atmosphere, really friendly, ages across the board...and absolutely no masks in sight.

As far as Carl Cox himself went, personally I was slightly disappointed. He did 2.5 hours, and seemed like a kid in a candystore not really knowing what to play next. So you went from tech-house, to old skool rave anthems, to Born Slippy, to Right here Right now (nod to the Brighton massive), and then ended on Rag and effing Bone Man!

I don't think anyone expected 3 hours of full on techno...and to be fair the crowd did lap up the anthems...but I thought it was all a bit disjointed. Still an awesome night and great to be out raving again, chatting to randoms etc...and I think we can let him off after 18 months of no live gigs (in the UK at least)!
glad u had a good time so jealous!! still cant party in spain :(

Carl Cox....havent liked his sets in years since, revolution space days, dont why everyone loves him!

he's absolute shit. and for a pro DJ not to know what to play next is a total slap in the face for anyone who paid good money.
glad u had a good time so jealous!! still cant party in spain :(

Carl Cox....havent liked his sets in years since, revolution space days, dont why everyone loves him!
Hes been stealing a living for as long as i can remember. He plays as if he has 3 months experience not 30. Sets are all over the shop.

Compare him to garnier or mills. Difference is crazy.

His early days were much better. He has to play for a average holiday or festival crowd. Thats what he is booked for.

sounds like there were loads of ace parties all over England at the weekend, stuff I'm into anyway - was pretty jealous! - I love Acid in Liverpool, ALFOS @ Phonox & Leeds, the MusicBoxRadio boat party on the Thames, the Rotation Garden Party in Staffs and Lodgefest chillout thing in Sussex - all very different but inspiring to know the love is still there. Fingers crossed healthwise.

sounds like there were loads of ace parties all over England at the weekend, stuff I'm into anyway - was pretty jealous! - I love Acid in Liverpool, ALFOS @ Phonox & Leeds, the MusicBoxRadio boat party on the Thames, the Rotation Garden Party in Staffs and Lodgefest chillout thing in Sussex - all very different but inspiring to know the love is still there. Fingers crossed healthwise.
All I heard from the Instagram videos I seen was really shitty tech house hahahaha

I am sure there were great parties happening all over....so jealous!!

not great news coming from the netherlands re festivals, just seen this on a spanish newsticker, I'm sure @FlatErik can explain more

Suspendidos todos los festivales de varios días en Países Bajos

El Gobierno holandés en funciones ha cancelado este lunes los festivales de música de dos o tres días de duración, programados para mediados y finales de agosto, debido al riesgo de contagio. La medida tiene validez hasta el 1 de septiembre y afecta a Lowlands, Down the Rabbit Hole y Mysteryland, que incluyen una zona de acampada para el público.

he's absolute shit. and for a pro DJ not to know what to play next is a total slap in the face for anyone who paid good money.
Slightly harsh. At least he can mix and if I'm playing devils advocate he was probably just trying to put a few smiles on faces of people that haven't been out for 18 months!

I do have to take issue with calling him 'absolute sh*t', I don't think that is fair, but everyone is entitled to their opinion, we can't all like the same music after all.

I'm not a huge fan of Carl Cox personally either and wouldn't rush to see him - but I must admit his ANL set at the final night of his revolution residency was superb! The first few hours vinyl only and digging into his collection and I personally loved it for what it was!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back