Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been out myself proper clubbing over the festive period. Small free house party in a unit Eve Eve which must be first time in many years.

Friend was at Joshua Brooks for Shadow Child/deep house event last night, said it was good but there was a massive fight near the end which spoilt the vibe a little.

Haven't been out myself proper clubbing over the festive period. Small free house party in a unit Eve Eve which must be first time in many years.

Friend was at Joshua Brooks for Shadow Child/deep house event last night, said it was good but there was a massive fight near the end which spoilt the vibe a little.

How is Joshua Brooks as a venue? Seen some good lineups recently but soon as I hover over the book button for a weekend away the Trains go on strike :(

Not sounding good for The Crane after this terrible stabbing. Police reporting lots of small baggys and laughing gas canisters on the dancefloor and workers cleaning up after the stabbing oblivious to keeping the crime scene preserved.

Feel this will lead to security being tightened at these types of events and thats not necessarily a bad thing.

Not sounding good for The Crane after this terrible stabbing. Police reporting lots of small baggys and laughing gas canisters on the dancefloor and workers cleaning up after the stabbing oblivious to keeping the crime scene preserved.

Feel this will lead to security being tightened at these types of events and thats not necessarily a bad thing.
Can’t see a positive outcome for them sadly. Birmingham has some difficulties with violence in clubs over the years and many places now have knife arches or at least metal detectors - seemingly Crane has neither. Reports of weak searches.

It’s a bit be careful what you wish for to be honest, but if people can get drugs and weapons into prisons how can you expect clubs to be 100% in stopping them

Can’t see a positive outcome for them sadly. Birmingham has some difficulties with violence in clubs over the years and many places now have knife arches or at least metal detectors - seemingly Crane has neither. Reports of weak searches.

It’s a bit be careful what you wish for to be honest, but if people can get drugs and weapons into prisons how can you expect clubs to be 100% in stopping them

Completely agree that no searches will be 100% but mad as it sounds I dont actually like people openly doing drugs on the dancefloor, its like at least go to the toilets, or somewhere discreet. Not all the crowd are into drugs and it just brings the wrong kind of attention from the Police. Venues at least have to be showing its not a free for all if they want to continue being open.

In general the UK seems to have a problem with behaviour at events after the pandemic, trouble at Football has got worse again. A toxic mixture of people being locked up in lockdown, fuelled on cocaine and wanting to be shown acting 'wild' on social media. Not just a working class thing either, Wales Rugby Union have switched to selling weaker Lager in an attempt to calm it down in the stands. I think we will see a clampdown across Sport and Gigs soon :(

In general the UK seems to have a problem with behaviour at events after the pandemic, trouble at Football has got worse again. A toxic mixture of people being locked up in lockdown, fuelled on cocaine and wanting to be shown acting 'wild' on social media. Not just a working class thing either, Wales Rugby Union have switched to selling weaker Lager in an attempt to calm it down in the stands. I think we will see a clampdown across Sport and Gigs soon :(
There's also been a massive increase in nudism/naturism in the UK after the pandemic. 🧐

What is it with Brits? A bit of unexpected bother, and they end up either hugging trees in the rain whilst naked, or embark on a drug/alcohol infused rampage.

Where is that in-between, relaxed, zen, sweet-spot with drugs/alcohol yet no violence?

There's also been a massive increase in nudism/naturism in the UK after the pandemic. 🧐

What is it with Brits? A bit of unexpected bother, and they end up either hugging trees in the rain whilst naked, or embark on a drug/alcohol infused rampage.

Where is that in-between, relaxed, zen, sweet-spot with drugs/alcohol yet no violence?
Isn’t the last sentence‘a answer Ibiza?

looks good this and right on my doorstep, but previous OTB haven’t been great sound wise

Attachments

• EA0530E4-77CB-4F45-95EA-23E88FCBC517.jpeg
    EA0530E4-77CB-4F45-95EA-23E88FCBC517.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 17
Digweed should be announcing a Bedrock Night at E1 London on Thursday 6 April (before the 4 day Easter weekend). Gets announced 26-Jan I think.

1E62C3BA-662A-47DA-96E6-F63574530349.jpeg

Alot of big names are in london this weekend. Biggest of the year so far. Doing dixon on the fri and De wittes show on the sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back