Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been to the Troxy in london for a club night ? Any good ? And is it just a single room? Off to see Sasha at end of month - not been to the venue before. But slightly concerned by amount of DJs in an 8 hour gig….

Anyone been to the Troxy in london for a club night ? Any good ? And is it just a single room? Off to see Sasha at end of month - not been to the venue before. But slightly concerned by amount of DJs in an 8 hour gig….
Its not suited for club nights. More for concerts etc. Saw dixon and ame there once and the whole thing felt off.

Its not suited for club nights. More for concerts etc. Saw dixon and ame there once and the whole thing felt off.
My first ever night out in London was Troxy. Garage party "Pure Temptation" there was a bit ruckus and the place got absolutely trashed. Still can't believe it walked away without taking a punch

Afterwards some guy got beat up in the kebab shop opposite just because he was white. So easily could've been me. Anyway, in all the times I've been to London since, that was easily the worst

Venue itself look(ed) nice though, but a weird place for a party - especially a UKG party

Just seen this post on LinkedIn with a picture of Printworks on- anyone know who has gone/going under? The chap looks like he worked for Pollen, but looks like they're still going?

1652370498025.png

Just seen this post on LinkedIn with a picture of Printworks on- anyone know who has gone/going under? The chap looks like he worked for Pollen, but looks like they're still going?

View attachment 13663

There were rumours about it being turned into Flats and Offices, but of course a lot has changed in the world with working from home and they seem to have had a busy winter period so fingers crossed that's not it 🤞

There were rumours about it being turned into Flats and Offices, but of course a lot has changed in the world with working from home and they seem to have had a busy winter period so fingers crossed that's not it 🤞
I don’t think it’s Printworks. Pollen would actually make sense with the Defected London disappearing the last couple of days

Good to hear a dj calling out bad behaviour by a security team. Bushwaka encouraging punters treated badly at Orange Yard, Soho, to make complaints.

Understand places have to be 'safe', free of drugs etc but often question why door teams act the way they do

Good to hear a dj calling out bad behaviour by a security team. Bushwaka encouraging punters treated badly at Orange Yard, Soho, to make complaints.

Understand places have to be 'safe', free of drugs etc but often question why door teams act the way they do

Seems odd since Orange Yard is only days away from closing down for a couple of years apparently as the whole building is rebuilt … we went last October and actually it was a nice little club and the security team on that night were really friendly

(Edit : actually closes mid June so weeks away from closing not days)

Last edited:
I have some sympathy with venue operators - Westminster council hate night clubs and any excuse to close a venue down they will - evidence of dealing , drug taking, violence. You also don’t know what trouble they’ve had in the past and how much attention they’re getting.

Sadly until authorities change their view / stance on the world - the venues need to be seen to be doing all they can. Days of the 90s and wandering into clubs are long gone

I have some sympathy with venue operators - Westminster council hate night clubs and any excuse to close a venue down they will - evidence of dealing , drug taking, violence. You also don’t know what trouble they’ve had in the past and how much attention they’re getting.

Sadly until authorities change their view / stance on the world - the venues need to be seen to be doing all they can. Days of the 90s and wandering into clubs are long gone
Agree, but there is a line that seems to have been crossed here when it comes to the searches. I don’t think being “thorough” is an excuse for security to act in the way that has been reported. Unfortunately, the SIA are very weak when it comes to complaints too

An intense search on one person, could leave them feeling a bit violated, the same search on another could result in a knife being found. Given how the UK is these days.

And in regards to security/bouncers attitudes being less than miserable, i find thats quite often the case in that line of work. Plenty of helmets.

I should add, that if anyone was abusing their position purposely on the above post about the Bushwacka night, then obviously thats disgusting!

Last edited:
Agree, but there is a line that seems to have been crossed here when it comes to the searches. I don’t think being “thorough” is an excuse for security to act in the way that has been reported. Unfortunately, the SIA are very weak when it comes to complaints too

I don’t disagree , I just see both sides of it. We saw the lengths the authorities went to, to try and shut down Fabric with undercover officers etc, so venues cannot really win

I don’t disagree , I just see both sides of it. We saw the lengths the authorities went to, to try and shut down Fabric with undercover officers etc, so venues cannot really win
I think the way for venues to win in punters eyes is to take complaints seriously rather than dismissing them as in this instance. There will be bad apples in the industry as there are in all, but if the bad apples know that any complaints will get ignored, they’ll just crack on doing what they fancy.

Definitely seems like a lot of venue / date changes for stuff. Are things that quiet in clubland ?

Was meant to be seeing Dubfire next weekend… been moved from Saturday to Thursday night (non bank holiday) … great 🙄

Last edited:
Been meaning to post this for a while. But post covid there’s only been one/two promoters putting regular (monthly) events on in Newcastle. Been so quiet (afaik) on a weekly basis…strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back