Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Solardo play illegal parties in the UK during the pandemic? Confused how people are blaming Solardo with the UK gov kicking the can down the road.

Good to see the UK nightlife scene speaking up with that #letusdance hashtag.

Last edited:
While I do feel for the Nightclub and Gig industry, I also feel its impossible to have socially distanced events. I've been compliant with the rules throughout this pandemic but get a few drinks down me in a Club/indoor Arena and I'm not going to stay sat down, putting a mask on to go to the loo etc

Yes the test event in Liverpool worked but how much time and effort was spent making it work? Your local club on a Saturday night isn't going to stand about swabbing the huge socially distanced queue, the rules would fall apart after about 1 weekend.

I'd go for taking the rules off when all over18s have had a jab offer, plus 2/3 weeks for the jab to be effective.

Solardo now taking on Dave Haslam...

in one corner a living legend, in the other 2 arrogant nobodies with shit taste in clothes and music

Im pretty sure Skream was a big part in bringing them to where they are now, safe to say that bridge has burnt
Mark from Solardo was actually a big dubstep producer. Was signed to Aphex Twins label.

I must admit I do think Solardo are being unfairly targeted. Fair enough they were doing a bit around South America / Mexico - but I don't think they did any UK 'illegal' raves did they ?

Far more targets you could go for that. Even on Sunday night Richy Ahmed was posting clubs of him DJing at a 'rave' in the park near West Hams ground I think it was with a few hundred people there. Or even Hannah Wants was living in Ibiza, drove back to the UK - didn't quarantine and then hosted a house party for all her mates a few days after she got back...

Mark from Solardo was actually a big dubstep producer. Was signed to Aphex Twins label.

I must admit I do think Solardo are being unfairly targeted. Fair enough they were doing a bit around South America / Mexico - but I don't think they did any UK 'illegal' raves did they ?

Far more targets you could go for that. Even on Sunday night Richy Ahmed was posting clubs of him DJing at a 'rave' in the park near West Hams ground I think it was with a few hundred people there. Or even Hannah Wants was living in Ibiza, drove back to the UK - didn't quarantine and then hosted a house party for all her mates a few days after she got back...
A comment on my post 2 posts up suggests they played at one, im not really on either side as i dont know much at all, still i find comments section on twitter a good read.

Yeh ive seen a docu on Mark from years ago regarding the dubstep stuff, defo been guided/helped to get name out there on the tech house gravy train... ive seen them in a tiny club in Manc playing to 50 people max and within a couple of years their hosting nights in Ibizas clubs, rapid rise youve gotta say.

I think the backlash Solardo are getting is mainly around the hypocrisy of their twitter post, wouldve been wiser to steer clear of that one

Last edited:
A comment on my post 2 posts up suggests they played at one, im not really on either side as i dont know much at all, still i find comments section on twitter a good read.
Yeah I saw that - but I couldn't see any evidence of it and that businesstechno account was pretty good at sharing videos etc and didn't see anything there either

So some DJs may or may not have played small parties in the last year which definitely had no real impact on the spread of the virus. Wow, people are focused on the wrong issue here.
Im certainly not trying to push a personal agenda on here, as im nowhere near informed enough on any of it, but im open minded on the fact these things possibly could have furthered the spread of the virus, pretty harsh to flat out say they definitely didnt.

Snippet here about mexico, and then we all know how bad India has had it more recently. All i do know is our borders were way too lax thats for sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210615-161505_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210615-161505_Twitter.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 10
So some DJs may or may not have played small parties in the last year which definitely had no real impact on the spread of the virus. Wow, people are focused on the wrong issue here.

I think the point is, those DJs moaning the most about the delay to opening clubs are the ones that have been playing gigs - legal and illegal regardless. I know many more DJs & those attached to the nightlife industry who have barely worked, earnt any money at all and don’t have the luxury of huge earnings from before, international bookings lined up or being to fly off wherever to still earn a wage. They are the ones that should be really angry

Im certainly not trying to push a personal agenda on here, as im nowhere near informed enough on any of it, but im open minded on the fact these things possibly could have furthered the spread of the virus, pretty harsh to flat out say they definitely didnt.

Snippet here about mexico, and then we all know how bad India has had it more recently. All i do know is our borders were way too lax thats for sure
There is absolutely no correlation between parties in Mexico and the rise of cases in that area. Over time, the rates rose and fell in that area in proportion to the overall rates of Mexico. In fact, there was just a spike in Tulum/Cancun where they had to shut things down again. This was months AFTER the party season stopped.

Last edited:
I think the point is, those DJs moaning the most about the delay to opening clubs are the ones that have been playing gigs - legal and illegal regardless. I know many more DJs & those attached to the nightlife industry who have barely worked, earnt any money at all and don’t have the luxury of huge earnings from before, international bookings lined up or being to fly off wherever to still earn a wage. They are the ones that should be really angry
At this point, does it even matter who may have taken a gig or not? Like you mentioned, there are plenty of people in the nightlife industry who have been out of work for over a year. Old people are vaxxed, rates are low, test events have occurred…..no wonder people are pissed. Just found it silly people taking frustration out on some DJs rather than the people making the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back