Clubs officially opening after the COVID19 pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me guess, conservative anti masker?
Don't want to pigeon hole him but like or loathe him, he is at the centre of all the biggest/most successful dance nights and festivals in the Manchester.

He has campaigned for the re-opening of the hospitality sector, not with illegal raves or f*** the system but through media and politicians.

In my opinion he should be judge very kindly by the clubbing community in regards to covid. Some don't like the monopoly he has over Djs visiting Manchester but his nights and venues are tops

Unfortunately that is the society we live in now. Disgusting that someone thinks they can physically attack someone for trying to do the right thing by the industry he advises on

Don't blame him for not elaborating in a way, but also kind of feel if you're gonna put up a post like that, you need to provide more context

I think Sacha along with Burnham have been absolute heroes for the industry, as well as there local constituents during the pandemic. Gone above and beyond

Interesting though that Sacha still divides opinion in his hometown, mostly due to his monopoly as a promoter

I see both sides. I can understand why he should protect his massive investment. But I do think that once his shows sell out - and let's face it, they all do - he should waive the no-compete-clause and allow smaller promoters to book his artists in smaller, intimate venues. Where is the harm then?

There must be loads of people who want to catch someone like Jayda G do an extended headline set in a 300 cap venue, without having to compromise seeing her play for 1.5 hours on a festival-sized line-up at a 10,000 cap venue surrounded by kids

I still believe that is will be all systems go for the 21st. Not entirely sure the general public are going to accept any more delays, the vaccines were the way out, and that side of things has been a huge success. there is always going to be new variants, if we're not back to our normality by 21st (or at least a lot of what we knew) then something must of gone tits totally up.

Anyroad..who's eyeing up the new Birmingham venue the Forum? Looks great. After Crane closing the second city could of done with another big capacity spot were looking forward to testing it out

I still believe that is will be all systems go for the 21st. Not entirely sure the general public are going to accept any more delays, the vaccines were the way out, and that side of things has been a huge success. there is always going to be new variants, if we're not back to our normality by 21st (or at least a lot of what we knew) then something must of gone tits totally up.

Anyroad..who's eyeing up the new Birmingham venue the Forum? Looks great. After Crane closing the second city could of done with another big capacity spot were looking forward to testing it out

we’ll revisit this post on the 21st🤣

🤝 if that date is pushed back the riots of summer 2011 will look like a tea party I'd imagine mate. Things are tense as already, positivey pal we'll be on them dancefloors weekend of the 25th

Egg is opening at midnight on the 21st! Haha

We're thinking about heading up to The Emporium in Coalville, lots of old friends going I've not seen for awhile. Fingers crossed they don't push back reopening.

it's certainly ambitious (or some might say suicidal...) to structure a club around the 'heritage market', when those people don't get out much and certainly don't go to Shoreditch whilst the kids have never heard of these DJs. so who would actually turn up apart from a few sex pests and randoms lost on Old Street, or maybe it's all changed since I left? I dunno, just seems high-risk to me - so many people have tried new things in Shoreditch which died on their arse or got busted or fell victim to changing trends. This just feels like it belongs to a bygone fluffy bra era

it's certainly ambitious (or some might say suicidal...) to structure a club around the 'heritage market', when those people don't get out much and certainly don't go to Shoreditch whilst the kids have never heard of these DJs. so who would actually turn up apart from a few sex pests and randoms lost on Old Street, or maybe it's all changed since I left? I dunno, just seems high-risk to me - so many people have tried new things in Shoreditch which died on their arse or got busted or fell victim to changing trends. This just feels like it belongs to a bygone fluffy bra era

Perhaps they are trying to corner the sex pest and lost randoms market :lol: If they retain the icky pool, that might appeal

its a no from me. I'll walk the extra 5 minutes and go to Village underground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back