Cheap flights & hotels

I’m a bit stuck now as we have actually decided to just do 10 days in Ibiza so I need a return flight and they are stupid money all of a sudden.
I've noticed that - presumably they are making money on the end of the season as folks want to go home and few are going out there. I suppose anyone wanting a quick break in late summer has a cheap price out, expensive back so it balances out.

Also there are work-arounds, such as Ibz - Barcelona - Home and transfer there?

For those in UK, Easy Jet and British Airways have their summer schedules out for 2025! Some insanely low fares can be found too - especially in June with lots of BA £56 one-ways - really is becoming really cheap month with the longer season. Looks like there has been a capacity increase in some of the schedules too.

For those in UK, Easy Jet and British Airways have their summer schedules out for 2025! Some insanely low fares can be found too - especially in June with lots of BA £56 one-ways - really is becoming really cheap month with the longer season. Looks like there has been a capacity increase in some of the schedules too.
Wise move by the airlines - the new EES and ETIAS will be in full flow by then, and what are the chances of big queues, glitches, breakdowns etc?? I'm thinking more than twice about giving Ibiza and Europe a miss next year while it all settles down. Certainly wouldn't want to fly to the nightmare that is Palma!!

I read that Michael O'Leary has been pleading with Wetherspoons to restrict booze at airports but I think that in itself isn't enough. The onus is as much on armed airport security to police drunken and coked up louts as they would terrorist incidents. If people are intimidated on planes by thugs that is a serious security issue. It seems there isn't the will to jail these scumbags.

Got next year bank holiday sorted.

I read that Michael O'Leary has been pleading with Wetherspoons to restrict booze at airports but I think that in itself isn't enough. The onus is as much on armed airport security to police drunken and coked up louts as they would terrorist incidents. If people are intimidated on planes by thugs that is a serious security issue. It seems there isn't the will to jail these scumbags.
It is illegal to allow anyone on a plane drunk or drugged up. So it's no god O'Leary and the others complaining about their behaviour once on a plane, their staff shouldn't have allowed them on in the first place.

OK< sometimes it's difficult to judge those who are OK at the gate but go bezerk on-board (depressurisation can affect "normal" people, let alone drunks) but it would help if airports were booze-free throughout the day (maybe no alcohol until 6pm??) and possibly if pax look suspicious, maybe a drugs/alcohol test before boarding, and if they refuse they are simply banned from the flight?

After all we have checks for weapons and dangerous items as we go through security, and if we refuse that then we can't even get to the gate!!

It is illegal to allow anyone on a plane drunk or drugged up. So it's no god O'Leary and the others complaining about their behaviour once on a plane, their staff shouldn't have allowed them on in the first place.

OK< sometimes it's difficult to judge those who are OK at the gate but go bezerk on-board (depressurisation can affect "normal" people, let alone drunks) but it would help if airports were booze-free throughout the day (maybe no alcohol until 6pm??) and possibly if pax look suspicious, maybe a drugs/alcohol test before boarding, and if they refuse they are simply banned from the flight?

After all we have checks for weapons and dangerous items as we go through security, and if we refuse that then we can't even get to the gate!!

i get the impression a lot of staff at gates are demoralised. the pay is shit. they're processing people all day. they just want to get home. there is no way they can be expected to determine who is problematic.

the fact that O'Leary is wading into this suggests to me that for once they are genuinely worried about negative PR and possibly even safety.

This is why the police need to be more involved but I think their airport teams only care about bigfry villains

the fact that O'Leary is wading into this suggests to me that for once they are genuinely worried about negative PR and possibly even safety.

For all their faults, they do take safety seriously.

However, more people boarding a plane sober, means more booze they can sell.

For all their faults, they do take safety seriously.
They have to. Could you imagine the outcry if a budget airline's aircraft crashed due to skimping on safety measures (although we all know about Boeing's door - not an actual airline!) it would instantly collapse that airline and probably take others down with it too.

As alluded to, cost-saving measures take place elsewhere; and of course airports and airlines want to sell as much booze as possible for profits. Drunks spend more after boozing than someone sober!!

But it backfires if pax are put off flying with a certain airline because it always becomes an 8.30am party flight; so the cheap airlines are shooting themselves in the foot that way - they just lose ordinary passengers.

Looks like I'm in luck, Hotel Voramar in Es Pujols has cancelled my booking and is moving me to a sister apartment block nearby and thrown in breakfast; so I've accepted the change. Bigger room + kitchen will be nice! Luckily at this time of year had they cancelled and I didn't fancy the replacement there is plenty of accommodation available elsewhere.

Just wonder if the Voramar hasn't enough bookings to justify staying open at the end of Sept? If so and it's locked up I'll miss using their pool! Chances are the bar/restaurant will be open anyway, just the rooms closed??

:lol::lol:

Back