Champions League

Jonny68

Ater our 3-2 defeat in Glasgow against Barca we're all but out of the competition :cry: have to say it was amazing atmosphere that nite in Glasgow as ever on Euro nites, both sets of fans got on really well but defensive errors cost us badly, anyway i have rescheduled my flight to Barca until the summer, i cant face going over there and watching us go out of the competition even though there will be a serious amounts of tims there (i simply cant afford to go anyway) so the best we can hope for is to not concede too many and just play well,im sure our fans will be as ever great ambassadors for the club, good luck to Barca in the CL anyway.

I think Man United will win in Old Trafford and progress, Arsenal will be up against it, Chelsea should win against Olympiakos,this week should be interesting anwyay with some really good games lined up.

what does everyone think of the beeb trying to get rights to show Champions League?

Being completely honest, I think it should be left for the commercial stations to battle it out. Was reading the beeb would have to make up a significant amount of money from their own coffers as they obviously cant take sponsor money for it.

what does everyone think of the beeb trying to get rights to show Champions League?

Being completely honest, I think it should be left for the commercial stations to battle it out. Was reading the beeb would have to make up a significant amount of money from their own coffers as they obviously cant take sponsor money for it.

Agree - it's not worth the money in proportion to their budget.

bit of thread this, but I have alot of sympathy for the beeb. Damned if they do & if they dont.

However, did you know that their world service web sites and TV carry adverts? Which in a round a bout way is attaching the crediblity of our tax payer ran beeb to the multi nationals. Which aint good.

But, yes leave it to ITV etc, they can get more value by doing the stuff they do well at a fraction of the price (I guess).

Arsenal to go out. United to through. Chelsea to go through. Bit nervous about Liverpool tho - it is far from won.

Strange things can happen in football, I'm not counting the chickens yet Jonny.

As for the coverage, I agree with you two, please the BBC has to stay away form the CL. As much as i hated Sky (before i had it) for having all the rights for everything, now i think they do everything extremely well.

Having their shows start at 6 and last till 11 on champions league nights is fantastic. They have time to talk and discuss every issue, goal, angle and foul. Not to mention they actually let you see ANY game that you wish to see thanks to the magical Red Button.

If the BBC are thinking of competing for ITV's package (ie two games on tuesday) then i dont really care, I barely watch it as it is.

Strange things can happen in football, I'm not counting the chickens yet Jonny.

As for the coverage, I agree with you two, please the BBC has to stay away form the CL. As much as i hated Sky (before i had it) for having all the rights for everything, now i think they do everything extremely well.

Having their shows start at 6 and last till 11 on champions league nights is fantastic. They have time to talk and discuss every issue, goal, angle and foul. Not to mention they actually let you see ANY game that you wish to see thanks to the magical Red Button.

If the BBC are thinking of competing for ITV's package (ie two games on tuesday) then i dont really care, I barely watch it as it is.

If our away record in Europe wasn't so bad id say it was well possible but it's shocking and whatever about us scoring a goal but scoring 2 and not conceding any is too much of a tall order.

Were you in Glasgow Ferd for the first game?Good banter between both sets of fans:)

It might be good if the beeb got the rights,at least there would not be a million adverts during the show!!

Celtic out and the rest of the brits through(i hope celtic go through but i very much doubt it).

If our away record in Europe wasn't so bad id say it was well possible but it's shocking and whatever about us scoring a goal but scoring 2 and not conceding any is too much of a tall order.

Were you in Glasgow Ferd for the first game?Good banter between both sets of fans:)

Nope, it's practically impossible to get tickets for Barca away games these days. About 5 years ago very few fans travelled to away games in Europe (I've seen us play Chelsea and Arsenal twice) but recently people seem to be going more.

Heard that at the end fo the game the Barca fans were chanting Celtic and you lot returned the favour. Good to see

but the beeb can't get them can they?

for exactly the reason that they can't advertise, UEFA's sponsor partners (playstation, mastercard, ford, etc) wouldn't allow it to be shown on the Beeb.

agree with ferd, sky's CL coverage is immense.

I just dislike games being on Sky in general, too many people who cant see the games. Football has become a sport for folks with cash (in this country anyway).

but the beeb can't get them can they?

for exactly the reason that they can't advertise, UEFA's sponsor partners (playstation, mastercard, ford, etc) wouldn't allow it to be shown on the Beeb.

agree with ferd, sky's CL coverage is immense.

The beeb are preparing to bid for the cl games when the existing deal runs out!!

I'm in horrible work and im getting text messages from mate in Barcelona already on the beer and lovin it over there, not fair :cry::cry:

Personally I don't think ITV should be allowed any football after the way they nearly bankrupted all the smaller league clubs with the ITV digital package! They certainly shouldn't even be allowed highlights of the championship games. Their coverage is not the greatest anyway to be honest and some of their games they don't even show in widescreen and therefore are gaps either side of the camera. I remember ITV digital pay per view game one night was Barnsley versus Plymouth. No disrespect to either club but who is going to pay to watch that????

BBC well I just couldn't put up with anymore Lawro and snidey old Shearer. If Lawro knows so much why did he get the sack as defensive coach at Newcastle and also manager job at Oxford or someone like that?? Lawro just tries to be funny and copy Rodney Marsh's old jokes from Sky.

Sky pay the money and give by far the best coverage for all football. As for Setanta well give them a chance but not sure about how they get away with setting up their own news channel which is identical to Sky Sports News just with a couple of birds presenting it. However at least they show plenty of football from around the world and also plenty of boxing which isn't pay per view.

Channel 5 Italian Footy

Any one seen this?

Seen the woman presenting it?

l_t.jpg

I'm in horrible work and im getting text messages from mate in Barcelona already on the beer and lovin it over there, not fair :cry::cry:

My nephew and a few of his mates fae peterhead are over there.They are loving it even though they just paid £100 for a ticket!!

:D

Back