CHAMPIONS!! força barça!!!!!!

WTF happened to Manchester Utd. Like some 2nd division minnows, they conceded an early goal, their heads went down and they never never never looked like getting back into the game. They showed no bite, no imagination.

Rooney was invisible, Carrick was just awful, Giggs looked really old, Vidic was all over the place and Ronaldo was his usual show pony, look at me, if i dont score, no one will self.

Barca were excellent, no doubt but they couldn't have had a more feeble opposition last night

There are alot of happy faces in the UK today to see ManUre knocked off their perch

Guess this means Gatwick tomorrow will be full of sour faced football 'fans'. Good game was it???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no dancing in the streets of Surrey then :rolleyes:

superb game

Man U dominated for 10 mins
Eto'o scores with Barca's first attack
barca then toyed with Utd, limiting them to a few half chances
superb header from Messi to finish it

noticed

Iniesta again sublime
Xavi as effective but quietly
Busquets decent
Pique again great

Berbatov, up there with Veron in the Man U waste of money stakes

Ronaldo - no toys left in his pram

The early goal took the wind out of United.

However Man Ure were poor. There was no urgency, no work rate and the passign was woeful and ended up being restricted to balls over the top. Utd are used to bossing the game and didn't like it being done to them.

Carrick was dreadful as for O'Shea should be O'Please!!! Vidic looked stoned and just couldn't get going. Think his confidence went after the first goal.

The work rate the Barca boys put in was fantastic. Ok Puyol made a meal of a couple of things but he was immense.

As for Messi who can't head a ball! :rolleyes::lol:

Fergie held his hands up and said the best team won and that was that. The best team in the whole competition won it and the second best team came second.

As Brucey says good game.

The only downer is I had Eto first goal and 2-1 Barca and 2-1 United! :evil:

ok, ive slept on it (only for 3 hours mind you)...

my thoughts:

Still chuffed. Thought Man Utd really shocked us for the first 10 mins by pressurising very high up. We had to resort to long goal kicks, which we NEVER do.

Etoo goal saved us, we didnt deserve it at the time, but after that we were in complete control. Xavi and Iniesta controlled the game from there.
The 2nd goal was only a matter of time. Should've come early in the 2nd half when we had a great first 10 mins. Then it was slightly more edgy.

a few points that pleased me the most about the result aside from the obvious:

- Some press and some premier league fans (ie:N8 ) dismissed Barcelona because they claimed the Spanish league is so poor and you couldn't judge them on their performances this year. Yes I agree the Prem is currently stronger than La Liga, but that doesnt mean Barca are over rated as a consequence.

- All I read is Barca are one dimensional, can only play one way and Man Utd will beat them because they can have plans "b" and plan "c"... Does that matter when you have a complete belief in the way you play? All Barca do is stick by their principles, sometimes it works (like Chelsea game this year with the 93rd min goal) and sometimes it doesnt.
That doesnt mean we're worse of for it though.

Not going to bite any of the baits thrown here by the Chelsea fans ;)

Congrats Olly, Grego, Sil, Liam... will be having a glass of Cava this weekend to celebrate 8)

Jon and myself were cheering on Barca for two reasons:

1. Our numerous Barca fan friends
2. http://www.barcelonahammerassociation.com/ :lol:

The best team won by far. Man U looked like the had given up by the second half. As for Puyol diving / making a meal of it... surely now Ronaldo knows what it's like! He's quite partial to a bit of dramatics himself isn't he?

- Some press and some premier league fans (ie:N8 ) dismissed Barcelona because they claimed the Spanish league is so poor and you couldn't judge them on their performances this year. Yes I agree the Prem is currently stronger than La Liga, but that doesnt mean Barca are over rated as a consequence.

Spanish league is so poor that the Eurocup winner is Spain selection and the Champions League winner is a Spanish team. Oh Wait! :lol:

Not going to bite any of the baits thrown here by the Chelsea fans ;)

All I'm going to say about it is :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

Congrats Olly, Grego, Sil, Liam... will be having a glass of Cava this weekend to celebrate 8)

Salut!! :D

Ferd, Rachel and I missed you at canaletas ;)

As for Puyol diving / making a meal of it... surely now Ronaldo knows what it's like! He's quite partial to a bit of dramatics himself isn't he?
I thought about that too. Taking a broader view, it is a bit of payback for little Ronnie boy :lol:

a little comment on ITV Sport

an absolute disgrace

- bland presenters who talk in cliches and soundbites - I would rather get an insight off articulate journalists (eg James Richardson) not ex-pros who can barely speak
- parochial mindsets - there is a world outside the Premier League! (not that you'd know it)
- fellating Sir Alex at every opportunity
- getting it wrong on all their predictions
- David Pleat - who still sounds like the creepiest nonce that ever walked

I had to turn the volume down

on the back of that display, Utd AND ITV both need big overhauls in the summer....

Manure were outplayed by the best team in europe, fact !! A (first) treble in Guardiolas first season, thats not lucky !! Will he be able to keep it up, that'll be the next challenge ? Iniesta and Xavi were immense. It was even going off here, fireworks, horns, the lot, great game for the neutral !!

I said in the other thread not to dismiss Barça. I loved whiskey noses face at full time :lol:

Congrats again Ferd, and to you Sil XX

I think i'm still pi$$ed :spank:

has Guardiola been given the city yet? :D what a debut season!

Ferguson was gutted but fair play to him - he didn't accept that it was just his team playing badly - he was very vocal that Barca were the better team

hopefully Rangers will get Barca in the CL group stages
we'll get horsed but at least i'll get to see those players again in the flesh

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was just too funny :D

I don't usually like being wrong but i LOVED it last night :lol:

ManU last seen in a random European airport somewhere - as they certainly did not make it to Rome!

I haven't enjoyed a match that much since....Liverpool spanked them 1-4 in their own backyard 8)

vds.jpg

WTF happened to Manchester Utd. Like some 2nd division minnows, they conceded an early goal, their heads went down and they never never never looked like getting back into the game. They showed no bite, no imagination.

Rooney was invisible, Carrick was just awful, Giggs looked really old, Vidic was all over the place and Ronaldo was his usual show pony, look at me, if i dont score, no one will self.

Barca were excellent, no doubt but they couldn't have had a more feeble opposition last night

There are alot of happy faces in the UK today to see ManUre knocked off their perch

Yep, just rolled over and failed to perform entirely, totally unexpected but much welcomed :D

Oh, and just a couple more European Championships and they'll be as good as Liverpool ;)

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was just too funny :D

I don't usually like being wrong but i LOVED it last night :lol:

ManU last seen in a random European airport somewhere - as they certainly did not make it to Rome!

I haven't enjoyed a match that much since....Liverpool spanked them 1-4 in their own backyard 8)

8) I'm with you on that one pal :lol: It was heaven 8)
Ferdiiiii, you should have been there! What a night! Visca el Barca! :p

hey you, you ok ??

Oh, and just a couple more European Championships and they'll be as good as Liverpool ;)

Can you really see fergie over taking us now :?: Possibly the league, but i cant see him winning three CL's before he dies :lol:

Ferdiiiii, you should have been there! What a night! Visca el Barca! :p

Ferd Ferd, next year you should come to BCN just to see a final with us and live the real culé thingy. Holly G is totally converted now and she can signs all the barça songs in catalán :lol: ;)

a little comment on ITV Sport

an absolute disgrace

- bland presenters who talk in cliches and soundbites - I would rather get an insight off articulate journalists (eg James Richardson) not ex-pros who can barely speak

What's your point... it was a disgrace. Did you not see the match? Maybe not all four of the appeals should have been given, but in my view (and I'm sure many many others) there was at least two.

Think about how you would feel if you were in that scenario. I mean, what would you do? Bend over!?!

J

Back