Carl Cox reveals plan to build a new Space Ibiza

In the current climate and government this move is actually the best they could do realistically (apart from buying bigger clubs but that are not on the market).

I‘m not negative about it, the reason why I think they shouldn‘t open the club under ‚space‘ THIS summer is because to program the club you need time and available djs/labels. All he could get now is leftovers and himself.

Dave Browning saying this story is misinformed / crazy shit and not to believe a word of it. Via his FB.

They are both just... spaces. Personally, I much prefer Sankeys for its medium size, while still having potentially plenty of rooms to explore. I'm not a fan of vast clubs. Disclaimer: I never visited Space in its heyday when you could dance outside. If the rooms in Sankeys are utilised properly, it's a cracking club. I hope Mr Cox re-opens some toilets downstairs so as you don't have to clamber upstairs all the time though. :lol:

Don’t get me wrong i like Sankeys. Was just saying i dunno why they’re trying fo recreate Space ina club that is nothing like space

Carl cox just bought sankeys ibiza! :eek: (Source danny k)
The one place where he would be able to open Space without a new license. He could even open this summer already, though I really hope not!

Great news! I hope he puts them neon lights back on the ceiling.

Popped in last year and they’d taken them down.

who is dave browning? (honestly don't know)
The nu space business partner that cox has binned off if Danny Kay’s blog is correct!

No idea what he did before he was part of the fab 4. His twitter stream is light and he comes across as quite an angry and frustrated man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has that man ever predicted anything right?

that's the thing: his writing is really pretentious and he is a serious clickbaiter BUT his track record of announcing correct stuff before it's confirmed is pretty good. and the cox story he even stated as fact whereas usually he clearly says "rumour". not done himself or his credibility a favour with this story.

that's the thing: his writing is really pretentious and he is a serious clickbaiter BUT his track record of announcing correct stuff before it's confirmed is pretty good. and the cox story he even stated as fact whereas usually he clearly says "rumour". not done himself or his credibility a favour with this story.

Funny enough that article has since been removed from his website/twitter

Back