Carl Cox reveals plan to build a new Space Ibiza

I still don't get it..o_O

I do. It's reliable, bankable big room entertainment, which he/they serve up to the sheep year after year and make millions out of it. A mutually satisfactory arrangement for all concerned.

Whether Ibz has changed too much to relive past glories though, is another matter...

It's obviously all toss, but it's not pitched at us innit...

I was all for a ‘new space’ knowing ovbs it wouldn’t really be space but im sharp changing my mind. Imo fair enough if cox wants to team up with Pepe etc for opening a new club but stop using the Space brand and go for something new if anything??

I really don't know anything to the contrary, but could that ultimately be their end game??? ie. create this furore with the Space name but when it comes down to it, say "this could never be Space, but the spirit of Space lives on as ...." and then continue with branded takeovers?

I really don't know anything to the contrary, but could that ultimately be their end game??? ie. create this furore with the Space name but when it comes down to it, say "this could never be Space, but the spirit of Space lives on as ...." and then continue with branded takeovers?

I think they will still use the name, this is just keeping the brand alive for now.

I have no issue if they are using the name in big budget venues such as the Steelyard with big name artists, its when brands go to provincial nightclubs nightclubs and just stick a few logos up with some nobody on the decks that the brand gets cheapened.

I love to prank call coxy pretending to be an Arab Prince using one of those man made islands off Dubai and calling it Dubaibiza and ask him to be king Carl of Dubaibiza where he can have Space hotels,restaurants, coffee shops,shopping malls,ferries,planes, party boats ect.and all the Space he needs for his big ego...:)

I love to prank call coxy pretending to be an Arab Prince using one of those man made islands off Dubai and calling it Dubaibiza and ask him to be king Carl of Dubaibiza where he can have Space hotels,restaurants, coffee shops,shopping malls,ferries,planes, party boats ect.and all the Space he needs for his big ego...:)
Well he was single handily the reason for spaces success and built the place with his bare hands. Didn't he??? o_O
Well that's what the youngens probably think judging by the social media campaign.

The 'new' space will largely not be aimed at people who have even been to space before

Carl cox just bought sankeys ibiza! :eek: (Source danny k)
The one place where he would be able to open Space without a new license. He could even open this summer already, though I really hope not!

If true it’s funny how their banging on about recreating Space. Space and sankeys couldn’t be anymore different (except the rooftop terrace i supose)

They are both just... spaces. Personally, I much prefer Sankeys for its medium size, while still having potentially plenty of rooms to explore. I'm not a fan of vast clubs. Disclaimer: I never visited Space in its heyday when you could dance outside. If the rooms in Sankeys are utilised properly, it's a cracking club. I hope Mr Cox re-opens some toilets downstairs so as you don't have to clamber upstairs all the time though. :lol:

How would he be worse than any other new owner? Real question. I have never gone to see Cox personally.

It’s good that something would be happening to that Space. I loved Sankeys.

But expectations were high for “the new Space”, and I’m not sure if this is gonna do it.

It’s good that something would be happening to that Space. I loved Sankeys.

But expectations were high for “the new Space”, and I’m not sure if this is gonna do it.

Don't listen to the hype and just take it on its own terms? If it's open this year, I'm certainly up for visiting if there's a night to my tastes.

Back