Car Hire in Ibiza

Just used Hiper for the third consecutive time, and absolutely no problems whatsoever. I just email them direct as I don't like going through the 3rd party sites anymore, and I ask for full-full. I used to book through hispacar but they told me I couldn't get a full-full policy with Hiper if my rental was < 7days, which was clearly bollocks, so I've just taken to emailing them direct. I don't even compare prices, if their quote seems reasonable I just take it, and it always is. I had a Seat Leon for 3 days on full-full with full insurance for around £90. Theres cheaper deals but they seem to be return empty so you get hit with a charge for a tank of petrol on arrival .Also, I found with Goldcar in Portugal, not only did I get hit with the full tank of petrol charge on arrival (which I was aware would happen, was €120! - and when I drove the 30km or so from Faro to Albufeira the tank was a quarter empty already!), because my credit card didn't have £900 free on it to block, I had to fork out another €100 for the full insurance or they wouldn't give me the car (which I clearly wasn't aware would happen). Hiper just take the payment as stated in your quote from your credit card. I know Goldcar Ibiza and Faro are probably completely separate outfits but I'll not use them again, the guy at Faro was a complete jobby as well.

There was a 20 minute wait behind 3 other drivers (with 1 on the desk, but it was 1st May) but other than that no issues whatsoever.

Try emailing them Ollie, if you pay full insurance by debit card they might help you? - contacto@hiper-rentacar.com

i "like" hiper, too =>

http://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/hiring-car-with-hipercar-so-bad.32499/

... ok, that was some years ago ;)

Cheers phil I've sent them an email asking for a price. Wouldn't mind 30e a day with full insurance and full to full especially if I can pay before I arrive and not have the faff of arguing over a credit card.

No, it was £30 sterling, and it was pay on arrival :)

No, it was £30 sterling, and it was pay on arrival :)
I've had emails to and fro today and I've been informed that there's a deposit for the fuel? I can pay upfront direct with the website including full insurance but I can't get a quote on my phone and not home till tomorrow(ffs). She just said deposit for full tank is refunded when is returned full, not sure if they'll accept a debit card for that will ask tomorrow I'm too knackered to bother replying tonight. I genuinely don't mind not having the cheapest price for sound of mind so many thanks again I was gonna just go and get one from pdb or figueretas and it would of been 45e a day minimum so I owe you a cerveza grande one day ;)

Aye thats weird, like I said I agreed a price with them and paid that price on arrival on my credit card, as I have done 3 times. I brought the car I had in September back with just a tiny bit of fuel missing and I thought they'd just charge me to top it up but the contract says if its not returned full they deduct a full tank charge from your CC, there was no chat of fuel deposit etc. Maybe its different if its credit/debit card. I dunno, I just like to post when I have a good hire car experience as theres so many options its hard to know what you're getting especially when its via a 3rd party.

Hmmm, maybe she works from not Ibiza but..... Maybe policy states leave deposit but in reality they leave you to bring back full? I'll mention that it's not been charged before as I've said they were recommended, seems strange.
Did I mention 15 sleeps? Can't f***ing wait!!!! :D

Hmmm, maybe she works from not Ibiza but..... Maybe policy states leave deposit but in reality they leave you to bring back full? I'll mention that it's not been charged before as I've said they were recommended, seems strange.
Did I mention 15 sleeps? Can't f***ing wait!!!! :D

PM me your email and I'll forward you a copy of my contract etc.

They've emailed me and said I have to pay the fuel deposit on credit card not debit or cash ffs.
Not using them now obviously not heard of that but sounds like a get out clause for keeping cc details and hammering you once you've left. Pfft.

Pay attention because often if you rent a car for 3 days you have to bring back empty....more than 3 days full

Sorry to hijack the thread but just wondered if anyone had any experiences of baby seats recently when hiring a car? Have the option to take ours with us but its one less thing to carry. Are the seats the rental companies provide up to a good standard, rear facing etc?

Cheers

Sorry to hijack the thread but just wondered if anyone had any experiences of baby seats recently when hiring a car? Have the option to take ours with us but its one less thing to carry. Are the seats the rental companies provide up to a good standard, rear facing etc?

Cheers
Have you already booked with supplier?

Booked the car but not paid for the seat yet. Its with Centauro - used them before and was happy enough.

Okay, as you know its a while since the diver posse have needed car seats.

But, my experience in the past from hiring elsewhere is that the seats that they provide are "adequate"

I have seen them at the Europcar desk in the past few years and they seem okay too.

They are clearly used by other families and might not be in "as good condition", the safety will be okay.

With your own car seat you will have taken time to choose it etc and know it inside and out and may even do that clip in thingy.

So, my advice is to hire one there, thats what I would do. You'll have enough with the pushchair n shit.

BUT, make sure you are fully up to speed with the fitting of it in your particular hire motor.

If you are not completely satisfied with the one they provide, then a quick google search brings up this company on the island

http://www.babyequipmenthireibiza.co.uk/product-list1

Cheers mate, yeah they must be ok and I'm sure people use them all the time but was just after a bit of reassurance!
Got enough stuff to lug over there as you say so it's one last thing to carry.

At the end of the day if they charge €5 per day for the pleasure it needs to be at least adequate!

Cheers fella

Back