Car Hire in Ibiza

does anybody know where exactly the carpark from companies like goldcar and centauro exctly is ?
there offices seem to be at the airport-roundabout ...
but their cars are parked there, too
or you need to take a f***ing shuttlebus from there to whereever ??

yep you need to take their buses from the back of the airport carpark. I think we ended up with Goldcar last time and they are set back from that little side road to the main road before the roundabout (if that makes sense?). Took 2 laps to find it when dropping the car off! To be honest i think its worth it considering the price difference we got compared to ones in the airport carpark but depends what deal you can get

does anybody know where exactly the carpark from companies like goldcar and centauro exctly is ?

We waited for ages with Centauro to be picked up in a minibus to collect our car and then had quite a wait before we got the car say in total from waiting for minibus to getting out was between 1-1.5 hrs. I wouldn't rush back to use them but for the fact that the deal we got via economy car hire meant there was no excess to pay.

We waited for ages with Centauro to be picked up in a minibus to collect our car and then had quite a wait before we got the car say in total from waiting for minibus to getting out was between 1-1.5 hrs. I wouldn't rush back to use them but for the fact that the deal we got via economy car hire meant there was no excess to pay.

ffs - where exactly are the cars from goldcar and centauro ?

ps:
friends just had terrible experience with OK-cars.
long lines to get the car ... and even long lines to return the car !!

ffs - where exactly are the cars from goldcar and centauro ?

ps:
friends just had terrible experience with OK-cars.
long lines to get the car ... and even long lines to return the car !!

Just in front of

2pw4qPy.jpg

thanks rometta, know this map.
problem is some say office is there yes but sometimes they drive you from there to wheretheFever to get your car ...
no time and no nerves to waste precious ibiza-time with that kind of nonsense ..

After reading the topic about new driving laws on this forum I'll be giving hiring a car a miss this year. Hassle enough as it is

I think Goldcar is on one of those side roads just in the top right corner before the A on that map , you have to come off that road to the right before you see the entrance. They have a bus its just when you drop the car back can take a couple go's to find it

You obviously don't have to take the bus you could just walk over to Centauro especially if there were a few of you , one goes and gets the car etc.
Goldcar, they had a melt down when I said I didn't want their insurance as I had taken my own out, they said I was now responsible for marking ALL the damage on the car before I took it way and if their representative noted down anything different I would have to pay for each bit of damage regardless how small.
So......liking to look after our cars me and my mate did indeed mark down EVERY blemish on this car...this seemed to send them into another fit as now clearly short of writing it off (it was October so the car was mullered) they knew they couldn't sting me for any damage realistically.
Even when I returned it they were almost insistent that I didn't go with them to inspect it, so I didn't...my mate did...ok we got away without being stung but never again thanks.
So either take out their “extra “ insurance or beware.

Using Centauro , booking through Economy car hire, never had any problem.

I'm hoping to find another that let's me use the visa debit card instead of a credit card as I take out full insurance and don't have a credit card(I can't be trusted with one at home never mind Ibiza).

Just used Hiper for the third consecutive time, and absolutely no problems whatsoever. I just email them direct as I don't like going through the 3rd party sites anymore, and I ask for full-full. I used to book through hispacar but they told me I couldn't get a full-full policy with Hiper if my rental was < 7days, which was clearly bollocks, so I've just taken to emailing them direct. I don't even compare prices, if their quote seems reasonable I just take it, and it always is. I had a Seat Leon for 3 days on full-full with full insurance for around £90. Theres cheaper deals but they seem to be return empty so you get hit with a charge for a tank of petrol on arrival .Also, I found with Goldcar in Portugal, not only did I get hit with the full tank of petrol charge on arrival (which I was aware would happen, was €120! - and when I drove the 30km or so from Faro to Albufeira the tank was a quarter empty already!), because my credit card didn't have £900 free on it to block, I had to fork out another €100 for the full insurance or they wouldn't give me the car (which I clearly wasn't aware would happen). Hiper just take the payment as stated in your quote from your credit card. I know Goldcar Ibiza and Faro are probably completely separate outfits but I'll not use them again, the guy at Faro was a complete jobby as well.

There was a 20 minute wait behind 3 other drivers (with 1 on the desk, but it was 1st May) but other than that no issues whatsoever.

Try emailing them Ollie, if you pay full insurance by debit card they might help you? - contacto@hiper-rentacar.com

Cheers phil I've sent them an email asking for a price. Wouldn't mind 30e a day with full insurance and full to full especially if I can pay before I arrive and not have the faff of arguing over a credit card.

I used Europcar booked on rentalcars.com found on a search on priceline.com a few months ago for a week at the end of July. I scored an automatic Audi A3 or similar for $289.83 USD...pretty sure this is a price mistake as the price went up to 800+ a couple of weeks later but I confirmed my booking over the phone so I'm peachy.

Try www.rentalcars.com but also compare against www.priceline.com, www.kayak.com and my favorite www.carrentalsavers.com. The ladder has all sorts of coupon codes saved in and has saved me a ton of money in the past. Also make sure to sign up for whatever "advantage" or "member" to get express check-ins and check-outs, has saved me a ton of time in the past.

:mad:
:eek:
We waited for ages with Centauro to be picked up in a minibus to collect our car and then had quite a wait before we got the car say in total from waiting for minibus to getting out was between 1-1.5 hrs ...
nice.
when ? this year ??

Back