Bye Bye Ibiza Enough's Enough

basher

Yet another death in ibiza this summer , that's 9 altogether , no-one asked these people to take drugs but the authorites are gonna be laughing knowing they were right , ibiza might be mine's and alot of other people's idea of heaven but this is peoples lives here clubbing culture in ibiza...... i'l give it 2 season's it'l be nowhere to be seen

Sadly, you may well be right... Any idea how many died every year before the new laws were put in place ? More or less, would be interesting to compare. I am not really that way inclined, but for me daytime clubbing was a great way to go out and have fun without needing any "help" to stay awake or get in the groove. Party, party, dance, dance and in bed by midnight - plenty of rest and no hangover - perfect :lol:

No one puts a gun to these people's heads and says take these drugs - is it Ibiza, the club culture or human nature ? Who was mentioning Bruce Parry and his BBC shows on tribal culture - it seems to be universal and regulation just appears to make things worse ??

yes i agree with both posts here ..... people really ought to be bloody more careful and not be so damn stupid and greedy with drugs!!!

poor familys who probably dont know the ins and outs of their sons/daughters holidays out there and they get that dreaded phone call ....awful :(

It is sad like , had arguments on here before and while i don't agree with drugtaking i can see why many people would take the cheap option and pop a pill with the ridiculous pricing in ibiza , club owners are laughing all the way to the bank

i've been 5 times and i've heard of deaths every time it just keeps rising

how the hell are they getting the drugs onto the island i know alot of them go in january and stash it in the hills in san an then return in may . and of course africa but someone's not doing there job

Last edited by a moderator:
To put it in perspective - there are a lot of deaths across the globe due to excessive behaviour. ibiza is no different.

For example 10 British people died in Goa in 2007 - that's just us brits.

I agree with Mark. It could be happening anywhere.

People take drugs on all different types of holidays.

If people want to do it they do it, how can you stop them?

and what about the deaths on other holiday hotspots due to driving accidents, drinking far too much, getting into a fight or jumping across balconies/night time swimming for instance?? I am pretty sure there's been a lot more of those than there has been on Ibiza...

But I see the clubbing industry clamping down as said earlier in these posts..... the authorities will use drug related death's as an excuse, whether its in the UK or abroad....

There was tons of accidents in Zante and Malia when I went, mainly due to drunk brits hiring out mopeds etc

Whether it's plummetting to a splattery death from a balcony in Magaluf or being beaten to death by drunken Neanderthal yobbos in Faliraki, there are generally multiple fatalities year on year in most holiday hotspots and all of them are still doing great business.

I think Ibiza will continue to be enormously popular regardless of this year's body count.

It is sad like , had arguments on here before and while i don't agree with drugtaking i can see why many people would take the cheap option and pop a pill with the ridiculous pricing in ibiza , club owners are laughing all the way to the bank

i've been 5 times and i've heard of deaths every time it just keeps rising

how the hell are they getting the drugs onto the island i know alot of them go in january and stash it in the hills in san an then return in may . and of course africa but someone's not doing there job

Having spoken to some locals and workers alike it's a well known fact that certain Local police take backhanders from certain dealers if they've been caught,ive also heard about a villa party last month were there were a lot if drugs found, the owner of the villa appeared and was seen to hand an envelope to some cops who then drove away.

Very sad news for the family, as always:(

Perhaps some of these very sad deaths could be prevented through education?

How many young people actually know the dangers of mixing various drugs?

Yes this happens all the time in other countries but as clubbing isnt big news it's not highlighted like it is in Ibiza!! I agree though - I cringe when I hear these stories.....just adds to the ever growing pressure! Anyone got the link to this storey?

How many young people actually know the dangers of mixing various drugs?

100% agree.....

If you are going to choose to go down that route - then for dog's sake, make an educated choice....

How many young people actually know the dangers of mixing various drugs?[/quote]

Its hard to tell isnt it.

Either people dont know, or they do know but carry on regardless. :cry:

Who say`s these people had all taken drugs? The press ?
I have friends who went home after a holiday here this year to find out their 22 yr old Son had died falling of a balcony in Turkey, It made front page on the local paper and a few national`s with headlines similar to what you see for here, I think it was about 7 pill`s he was supposed to have taken, When his girlfriend got home and explained, It seems they had not been well with bad stomach that night and actually gone to bed early, they had taken and drunk nothing more than water, He had a history of sleepwalking, The apology was not front page new`s, Of course.

Have a good one
Tim

Who say`s these people had all taken drugs? The press ?
I have friends who went home after a holiday here this year to find out their 22 yr old Son had died falling of a balcony in Turkey, It made front page on the local paper and a few national`s with headlines similar to what you see for here, I think it was about 7 pill`s he was supposed to have taken, When his girlfriend got home and explained, It seems they had not been well with bad stomach that night and actually gone to bed early, they had taken and drunk nothing more than water, He had a history of sleepwalking, The apology was not front page new`s, Of course.

Have a good one
Tim

How awful! :cry:

Back