Bye Bye Ibiza Enough's Enough

Pipe down for ****s sake.

I was replying to Paddy's post , not yours, johnnys, blackswans. So my response was directed at his post, not yours so wind your neck in. I didn't respond to your post because there was nothing interesting in it other a general rant, unlike Paddy's.

And I'm sure that Paddy can see where I was trying to inject a little humour with my flippant quotes, for god's sake i can't believe you thought that was serious.

You can't be that naive, sorry neive.
I do see your point Mark and I do appreciate the humour but you seem to be missing my point which is the more independent resources people (including our children) are encouraged to seek out the safer people over all will be. I would never encourage anyone to even try drugs, but if they are going to take them anyway or go to the kind of club where drug use is a regular occourance then it is wise to know what could happen, not only to themselves, but to others. "Just say no" programmes amount to little or no education at all, regardless of how well-intentioned they might be.

How many of the lives lost in Ibiza this year could have been saved had their mates or others in the vicinity known what to do to help whilst waiting for an ambulance? Sadly, we will never know.:(

I do see your point Mark and I do appreciate the humour but you seem to be missing my point which is the more independent resources people (including our children) are encouraged to seek out the safer people over all will be. I would never encourage anyone to even try drugs, but if they are going to take them anyway or go to the kind of club where drug use is a regular occourance then it is wise to know what could happen, not only to themselves, but to others. "Just say no" programmes amount to little or no education at all, regardless of how well-intentioned they might be.

How many of the lives lost in Ibiza this year could have been saved had their mates or others in the vicinity known what to do to help whilst waiting for an ambulance? Sadly, we will never know.:(

Well, i can't disagree. I suppose the trick is for a source of information to be appear credible not preachy. But again, the young person in question will have to make the decision to access that source of information autonomously.

It's common sense, surely? I find it hard to believe there are people out there who don't know drugs can be dangerous.

I think everyone knows that drugs are dangerous.. I don’t think everyone who has decided to use them knows the exact dangers of each drug.

For example,
"Look at how hard I am I can munch 20 pills in a one go"
"Fcuk, there’s a sniffer dog, panic I better eat all these pills in my pocket"
"It's my first e and the effects are scaring me a little so I better drink 6 pints of water"
"I'm burning up, but I don’t care I want to keep dancing, so a drink of water can wait"

There are some people who have died who were guilty of all these things. There is no doubt though that people are affected in different ways. It is undoubtedly best and safest not to take anything, but it is unrealistic..

I hope this didnt sound like a rant :oops:

i actually got talking to this boy that died friends and they were out partying as if nothing happened.im pretty sure if it was one of my pals i couldnt stay and party on.

I think everyone knows that drugs are dangerous.. I don’t think everyone who has decided to use them knows the exact dangers of each drug.

For example,
"Look at how hard I am I can munch 20 pills in a one go"
"Fcuk, there’s a sniffer dog, panic I better eat all these pills in my pocket"
"It's my first e and the effects are scaring me a little so I better drink 6 pints of water"
"I'm burning up, but I don’t care I want to keep dancing, so a drink of water can wait"

There are some people who have died who were guilty of all these things. There is no doubt though that people are affected in different ways. It is undoubtedly best and safest not to take anything, but it is unrealistic..

I hope this didnt sound like a rant :oops:

It just goes to show how different people can be I guess... I personally wouldn't even touch half an E as I don't think it's worth the risk.

The world takes all sorts I guess.

i actually got talking to this boy that died friends and they were out partying as if nothing happened.im pretty sure if it was one of my pals i couldnt stay and party on.

The World could do with about people like this though. That is horrific.

I have been a user of recreational drugs for last 9 years, 11 if you include skunk. I never condone any drug taking, I think it should be down to the user to define if it is right for them and situation etc. Luckily for me I have experience and what I noticed was the cocain and pills I had in Ibiza were a lot stronger then in England so they really hit me when I came up, I cant imagine being a first time user in Ibiza on the strength even the skunk blew my head off :) Now even if all the deaths are all drug OD's and are true(and I do have symathy for the families) educating the youngens and first time users has to be better then just ignoring it? I know from many good AND bad experiences what to do in a situation where I can get paranoid or feel the buzz is too much, im too hot etc etc and it actually happened to me in Amnesia when I went to cocoon, the music was so intense I went on a real bad trip. 10 mins by the door on my own with a fag and a bottle of water and I sorted me sen out and back to the rave I went 8) Now a first time user coming up too quickly wouldnt know what to do in that situation, and the ones who dance and dance without break and no water are always gonna have problems so me and me mate always had breaks from the heat, aways had a bottle of something be it water or beer and we were ok because we knew what we were doing. It will never go away while ever the coppers are taking back handers, I saw it for myself by the military police in the bay one afternoon as the coppers filled their boot with his "stuff" and let him go :eek: so lets give em a chance of staying alive by teaching em what they shouldnt be doing when they get there.
And for record of addiction, I lost a friend from school through heroin and she was a "square" as we used to call it, got in with wrong people and ended up o/d'ing on the stuff after becoming a prostiute to feed her habit :cry: her poor sister has no one now because they were orphans and adopted so it isnt always cut and dry although she made the choice to say yes in the first place once you're on it it looks like you're on it. Sad sad state when any youngen dies from drugs wether you believe its wrong or not lets just try to prevent it while we can.

I have been a user of recreational drugs for last 9 years, 11 if you include skunk. I never condone any drug taking, I think it should be down to the user to define if it is right for them and situation etc. Luckily for me I have experience and what I noticed was the cocain and pills I had in Ibiza were a lot stronger then in England so they really hit me when I came up, I cant imagine being a first time user in Ibiza on the strength even the skunk blew my head off :) Now even if all the deaths are all drug OD's and are true(and I do have symathy for the families) educating the youngens and first time users has to be better then just ignoring it? I know from many good AND bad experiences what to do in a situation where I can get paranoid or feel the buzz is too much, im too hot etc etc and it actually happened to me in Amnesia when I went to cocoon, the music was so intense I went on a real bad trip. 10 mins by the door on my own with a fag and a bottle of water and I sorted me sen out and back to the rave I went 8) Now a first time user coming up too quickly wouldnt know what to do in that situation, and the ones who dance and dance without break and no water are always gonna have problems so me and me mate always had breaks from the heat, aways had a bottle of something be it water or beer and we were ok because we knew what we were doing. It will never go away while ever the coppers are taking back handers, I saw it for myself by the military police in the bay one afternoon as the coppers filled their boot with his "stuff" and let him go :eek: so lets give em a chance of staying alive by teaching em what they shouldnt be doing when they get there.
And for record of addiction, I lost a friend from school through heroin and she was a "square" as we used to call it, got in with wrong people and ended up o/d'ing on the stuff after becoming a prostiute to feed her habit :cry: her poor sister has no one now because they were orphans and adopted so it isnt always cut and dry although she made the choice to say yes in the first place once you're on it it looks like you're on it. Sad sad state when any youngen dies from drugs wether you believe its wrong or not lets just try to prevent it while we can.

Good luck mate, i tried to do this on a prev thread & got slated for it!

Totally agree with what u said though, there are pleanty of kids goin to Ibiza dropping for the 1st time with no idea of what to expect but as i prev got told- No one on here is willing to give any advise (which i think is rubbish!)

Good luck mate, i tried to do this on a prev thread & got slated for it!

Totally agree with what u said though, there are pleanty of kids goin to Ibiza dropping for the 1st time with no idea of what to expect but as i prev got told- No one on here is willing to give any advise (which i think is rubbish!)

We werent trying to slate you, I just dont think it was suitable for the board.....but what do I know....

We werent trying to slate you, I just dont think it was suitable for the board.....but what do I know....

slated maybe a harsh choice of words!

but who determines what we should & shouldn't write though? freedom of speech & all that.
everyone is entitled to their own opinions & just looking at the number of views the thread ihas shows that it is clearly a subject that interests people

It just comes with experience. God, there were things I done at 17 that no way would I do now. People just learn on their own with everything and the same goes with drugs. No amount of teaching/talking/telling by older peers is going change what a teenager does on a night out. Generally most kids are pretty clued up with what is right/wrong - I knew about the whole Leah Betts thing long before I started clubbing and it was always in the back of my mind, even in the early days.
The people who go out and take 12 pills, 2g of coke and a few bumps of K then get themselves into a pickle are going to be doing that whether someone tells them its a bad idea or not!

I just dont think people should worry about it so much "ooooh we must warn the kids of today about the dangers". People have been clubbing for years, it's not like people dancing on drugs in a club is anything new!

Back