Burning Man

Another belter from someone ive never heard of and that cool thing about these mixes , Music & djs you'll never hear in Ibiza maybe at Woomoon who seem to be really influenced by the BM sounds witch is a good thing in my mind..:) music with soul and emotion. Proper E music:cool:
OVERLOOP PODCAST 01 - Funky Chap - Burning Man Sunrise
https://soundcloud.com/over_loop/overloop-podcast-01-funky-chap-burning-man-sunrise

Last edited:
@JB2008 Would love too,it would definitely be solo misson leave the family at home even though they would love it I think be better stay at home:twisted: I have friends that travel up from Miami they do the aquabotty partys.. ticket are a nightmare belive..and our friend Avril who runs body&soul festival here is all raving about it...

Solo mission first time sounds wise. You'll have your hands full just caring for your own needs...get a 2-week hall pass from the fam and frame it as a reconnaissance mission :)

Best way to do it is plan for it well in advance (~6 months) and join a camp, at least for your first year. Tix and all the basics are easily sorted when you're with a camp, but it's also a commitment in terms of group responsibilities, time and $.

@JB2008 My girlfriend and I will be going to burning man next year from Tampa. It will be our first time but i have some friends that have gone and we would be down to join up and help you guys. Originally in our early plans we were planning on renting an RV in Tampa, and driving all the way there (stopping by at some cool places along the way). But this was just early discussions. Ill be at the Space closing :)

@paulhinrichsen, awesome. Would be great to chat in person, if not at Space closing then elsewhere on the island that week. There are a bunch of us from our camp (Airpusher) who will be there. I'll start a private message thread so we can coordinate a meetup. For any others interested, drop a note here please.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...asites-festival-hooligans-white-a7226136.html

One mans hooligan, is another mans freedom fighter. or something like that :lol:? get militant !

turned out that story was factually incorrect... it was some former White Ocean camp members/builders who were not happy about not being invited to be part of their camp this year and did the damage... not some random people.

having said that, no doubt that there are some that hate the idea of the plug-and-play VIP camps.

turned out that story was factually incorrect... it was some former White Ocean camp members/builders who were not happy about not being invited to be part of their camp this year and did the damage... not some random people.

having said that, no doubt that there are some that hate the idea of the plug-and-play VIP camps.

Oh,my god! yeah,who would want builders in their camp?

Thats a shame. I'll take your word for it,if thats all you got. VIP/'Plug in and play' there certainly isn't any place for that sort of behaviour at any rave,party or festival anywhere .

Oh,my god! yeah,who would want builders in their camp?

Thats a shame. I'll take your word for it,if thats all you got. VIP/'Plug in and play' there certainly isn't any place for that sort of behaviour at any rave,party or festival anywhere .

i think you misunderstood. the 'builders' were people that worked on the camp in the past... the organizers had a different vision for 2016 so used other people... the people that caused the problem were not happy about the change.

White Ocean has a pretty impressive dj lineup each year for free - its supported by some Russian billionaire and Oakenfold helps to run it.

Oakenfold giving the "kiss of death" again :twisted: what a knob
1st Ibiza
2nd. Goa
and now Burn. :lol:
Fck off oaky your not wanted and your $hit.. go ruin Vegas..:)

i think you misunderstood. the 'builders' were people that worked on the camp in the past... the organizers had a different vision for 2016 so used other people... the people that caused the problem were not happy about the change.

White Ocean has a pretty impressive dj lineup each year for free - its supported by some Russian billionaire and Oakenfold helps to run it.

Yes you're right,i did misunderstand. so its free to all at the expense of a russian billionaire,he must be a nice fella? everyone gets plug in and play,free wifi....

Yes you're right,i did misunderstand. so its free to all at the expense of a russian billionaire,he must be a nice fella? everyone gets plug in and play,free wifi....

you get to see top djs for free and they serve hundreds of meals and drinks daily for free as well to those that stop by the camp. man those guys are jerks!!! :rolleyes::p

you get to see top djs for free and they serve hundreds of meals and drinks daily for free as well to those that stop by the camp. man those guys are jerks!!! :rolleyes::p

To the invited vips... thats why most of the other burners think they're pricks,and hostile to people outside the camp. i bet you find it very satisfying in there don't you?

Give it just another few years before the rich have stole the soul.... they take every thing they can get their hands like spoilt brats.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/news/a7735/burning-man-camp-attack/

Edit
Burning Man has attracted a number of billionaires and celebrities, many of them from Silicon Valley and Hollywood.[139] It has become a networking event for them,[140] with Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk once stating that Burning Man "is Silicon Valley".[139]

These billionaires have paid for more luxurious camps to be set up in recent years. Derisively nicknamed "plug-n-play" or "turnkey" camps, they in general consist of lavish RV's and luxury restroom trailers that are driven into the city and connected together to form de facto gated areas. These billionaires then fly in to the airport on private planes, are driven to their camps, served by hired help (nicknamed "sherpas"), and sleep in air-conditioned beds.[139] One venture capitalist billionaire threw a $16,500-per-head party at his camp

Last edited:
To the invited vips... thats why most of the other burners think they're pricks,and hostile to people outside the camp. i bet you find it very satisfying in there don't you?

Actually your attitude goes against the BM ethos which is be accepting of everyone regardless of who they are, what they do, etc.

Saying that a camp that brings in world famous djs at their own cost and provides thousands of meals during BM is a bad thing is pretty ridiculous.

Also White Ocean is not a play-and-play camp its a music camp - big difference from the ones people pay thousands to stay at.

Nice to see this thread pick up. I said this a couple years ago, but Burning Man and Ibiza have a lot more in common than most recognize, including being misunderstood by casual observers and subject to the same types of criticisms.

To me, they both represent an attempt to create that freedom where you can be who you want to be and do what you want to do (to quote a Hooj Choons track from back in the day....), and they share a fundamental appreciation for the intersection of music, nature, and human connection. The way all of those pieces come together can be magical and even spiritual, and that's what keeps people going back to both places.

Others think it's just a bunch of rich people partying in an exotic place, and the magic is gone.

A pair of recent articles, food for thought:

http://journal.burningman.org/2016/...es/a-brief-history-of-who-ruined-burning-man/

https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/burning-man-playa-tech-robot-heat-lee-burridge-sunrise-feature

Back