Brexit

Question from a neighbor who hasn't followed it in detail :
Did the brexiters talk about the Irish border problem BEFORE the referendum?
I'm NOT a Brexiter, but I certainly did, firstly directly to my Brexit-voting MP and then on the BBC just before the vote. Needless to say no-one listened. Hey ho, if a nobody on the internet can see it coming from miles away, why couldn't the politicians? Answer = they probably did but buried their sweet lil' heads in the sand and hope no-one else would notice.

Since the vote I've also asked what happens, in the event of no-deal and borders between the UK and RoI being installed, what will they do with the Republic's citizens trapped in their virtual exclave meaning they have to travel through the UK (and therefore borders) to get to work, school, the shops etc?

Hopefully it won't come to that.

Yes, of course .. I don't know for UK, but here the companies who own the highways are treating lorry drivers like shit.
The basic human rights of these people are not respected
A place to eat, to wash and to sleep in normal conditions.
You’d think there would be an EU law to look after you :rolleyes:

I`m no expert but has anyone thought of just handing back Northern Ireland :)

I`m no expert but has anyone thought of just handing back Northern Ireland :)
Well, a few living there might be a tad upset!

Could end up with leave-voting Unionists (those who want to allign to the UK) who were on the WINNING side (Brexit) being (a) being put in another country - RoI - against their wishes and (b) remaining in the EU even though they won the vote to leave.

Some of them might be upset enough to write a strong letter to the Times. Of course Ireland - the North in particular, has a long history of peaceful protest.....

Unification will happen at some point though, might as well get it signed off at the same time. I`d love to see Arlene Fosters face when she has to vote on that.

Well, a few living there might be a tad upset!

Could end up with leave-voting Unionists (those who want to allign to the UK) who were on the WINNING side (Brexit) being (a) being put in another country - RoI - against their wishes and (b) remaining in the EU even though they won the vote to leave.

Some of them might be upset enough to write a strong letter to the Times. Of course Ireland - the North in particular, has a long history of peaceful protest.....

Northern Ireland voted NO for brexit
Many Unionist are/have applied for Irish passports (as anyone living in n.i is entitled to do so)

I'm no expert either, infact I don't really understand much about it it but I know that it is basically just a complete f*** up, especially for people in n.i

Stay IN the UK, or stay IN the EU?
That would be an interesting referendum.

I think the uncertainty of it all is the most annoying part. I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland, but would I be treated as a Non-EU national when I arrived in Ibiza next time and be forced to join a separate queue and fill in additional paper work, pay extra tax and insurance, and would my European Insurance Health card become invalid as a non-eu citizen, or should I skip the hassle and just apply for an Irish passport and hopefully bluff my way in as an EU national?

49375930_2469759763053690_5420690593787412480_o.jpg

I think the uncertainty of it all is the most annoying part. I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland, but would I be treated as a Non-EU national when I arrived in Ibiza next time and be forced to join a separate queue and fill in additional paper work, pay extra tax and insurance, and would my European Insurance Health card become invalid as a non-eu citizen, or should I skip the hassle and just apply for an Irish passport and hopefully bluff my way in as an EU national?

My advice is stop reading all the crap on both extreme sides of the argument. If I was a betting man, regardless of deal or no deal, planes will fly, they will land and take off, food will get to supermarkets, and you’ll enter a country the same way as before. The Extreme Brexiters and Extreme Remainers are as crack-pot crazy as each other!

My advice is stop reading all the crap on both extreme sides of the argument. If I was a betting man, regardless of deal or no deal, planes will fly, they will land and take off, food will get to supermarkets, and you’ll enter a country the same way as before. The Extreme Brexiters and Extreme Remainers are as crack-pot crazy as each other!
"Extreme Remainers" really? We only want to keep the rights we've had for decades!

Think that’s spot on tbh. There’s two sets of extremists dragging our country down at the moment. The delusional, ‘hard Brexit at any cost’ Rees-Mogg crew and the refusing to accept reality, ‘people-vote’ advocating remoaners. Two sides of the same coin for both utterly failing to make any viable compromise whatsoever and help us move forward.

Think that’s spot on tbh. There’s two sets of extremists dragging our country down at the moment. The delusional, ‘hard Brexit at any cost’ Rees-Mogg crew and the refusing to accept reality, ‘people-vote’ advocating remoaners. Two sides of the same coin for both utterly failing to make any viable compromise whatsoever and help us move forward.

Exactly. It’ll be alright on the night...

Why would anyone want to be a part of Eu or Ecb?

" the ECB printed 60 billion Euros per month between March 2015 to March 2016,

totalling over 700 billion Euros

(which is about 5.5% percent of Eurozone’s GDP by 2013 data), hoping to energize the economy. "

Im just waiting to read the words
“Bail In " + Italy, Greece or Deutsche bank one day.
Eu is a welfare state supported by money printing and its going down the drain.

Why would anyone want to be a part of Eu or Ecb?

" the ECB printed 60 billion Euros per month between March 2015 to March 2016,

totalling over 700 billion Euros

(which is about 5.5% percent of Eurozone’s GDP by 2013 data), hoping to energize the economy. "

Im just waiting to read the words
“Bail In " + Italy, Greece or Deutsche bank one day.
Eu is a welfare state supported by money printing and its going down the drain.
How much has the U.K. created under quantitative easing in the same period?

Just wait until we're out and the Tories start dismantling workers' rights, while still somehow convincing the new working class right that it's all for their own good...

After workers rights it will be general human rights, as England turns into a right wing nightmare with someone like Boris or Jacob Reece Moog in charge.

Back