#Brexit

I still don't get why people don't get it and think EU been difficult. An analogy:

You're living in a shared house with some people and decide to move out.

You want free access to the old house, come and go when you please, use the tv and cooker etc but with no cost.

EU are saying you can mostly but must abide by out rules (must be in by 10pm, keep it clean, not bring anyone we dont know etc).

UK saying we want different rules, might swap the food for unbranded stuff, bring whomever we like to visit and not pay for privilege.

EU are like sorry, our house our rules, we will take keys back and let you in and out after checking what you've done.

Level of access is different from been on the inside vs the outside.:rolleyes:

I still don't get why people don't get it and think EU been difficult. An analogy:

You're living in a shared house with some people and decide to move out.

You want free access to the old house, come and go when you please, use the tv and cooker etc but with no cost.

EU are saying you can mostly but must abide by out rules (must be in by 10pm, keep it clean, not bring anyone we dont know etc).

UK saying we want different rules, might swap the food for unbranded stuff, bring whomever we like to visit and not pay for privilege.

EU are like sorry, our house our rules, we will take keys back and let you in and out after checking what you've done.

Level of access is different from been on the inside vs the outside.:rolleyes:
Thats why people say buy your own house its the best thing you could ever do ;)

I'm presuming most remainers on this topic are living in the UK? Would you be moving to a country in the EU then as you are so against Brexit?

Come on, because I have an reasonable understanding of politics and economics, I'd want to uproot my family and leave my home, friends and living because you've voted for self-immolation, because you don't.

I wish you the best, let's revisit this thread in a couple of years.

Come on, because I have an reasonable understanding of politics and economics, I'd want to uproot my family and leave my home, friends and living because you've voted for self-immolation, because you don't.

I wish you the best, let's revisit this thread in a couple of years.
Wasn't you personally I'm just asking in general. You have that much of a reasonable understanding in politics yet I bet you fail to see the reasons still why we voted leave and that you believe everything is all rosey and fine in the EU.

its a fair question really, if its that bad will the remainers and euro lovers put their money where there mouth is and move?

Wasn't you personally I'm just asking in general. You have that much of a reasonable understanding in politics yet I bet you fail to see the reasons still why we voted leave and that you believe everything is all rosey and fine in the EU.

its a fair question really, if its that bad will the remainers and euro lovers put their money where there mouth is and move?

I was answering in the first person as a member of the group you were addressing. It the level of thought that conflates thinking leaving, particularly with none of the benefits or arrangements that were promoted to secure the leave vote, is bad idea, with thinking 'everything is all rosey and fine in the EU' that makes engagement entirely pointless.

Are you on about the EU being democratically elected? They are elected by the people in the European Parliament. UK mps/people certainly didn't vote them in. This is one of the reasons why I dislike the EU. Even more so since we didn't have a vote to join up in the first place.
I'm afraid you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the way the European parliament works. The European Parliament is directly elected by the citizens of Europe, you and I in other words. If you didn't go and vote in your European elections then that's your fault, but you did have the opportunity to vote directly for your MEP.

I am going to agree to disagree with you as my opinions won't change.
Fair enough, if you haven't reasoned yourself into to your position you're unlikely to be reasoned out of it either.

I'm presuming most remainers on this topic are living in the UK? Would you be moving to a country in the EU then as you are so against Brexit?
You assume wrong in my case, I have lived and worked in Finland, Spain and now Germany for the last 12 years and I am furious that my right, and the right of future generations, to live and work freely in Europe is being sacrificed on the alter of bigotry in order to try to save the Tory party. I am about to start the process of applying for German citizenship in order to keep those rights.

Within the lifetime of the EU, the UK is the only power to have had its territory attacked. Would the EU military defend the Falklands? Spain actually supports the Argentine claim there - would Spanish troops from an EU army be willing to lay down their lives for something their own Government doesn’t believe in? Hard to expect that. Not to mention Gibraltor aswell if that kicks off. .
These are just straw-man arguments, we could have, and probably would have, vetoed the formation of a European army so you're objecting to something which we would never have had to sign-up to.

I voted UKIP in European Elections. And on that note i'm in the pub having a pint of Brexit.

Long live Boris

Be seeing you

Ah, the old "I was just after a reaction" response when called out for something stupid.

Imagine, get this, being able to think the EU isn't perfect and has many flaws without also wanting to shoot both my feet off but celebrate because I've got blue shoelaces.

Ah, the old "I was just after a reaction" response when called out for something stupid.

Imagine, get this, being able to think the EU isn't perfect and has many flaws without also wanting to shoot both my feet off but celebrate because I've got blue shoelaces.
Wasn't after a reaction, I could here the poster banging away at the keyboard from here as soon as I said I voted UKIP.

I thought you'd be getting used to velcro trainers all things considered. Didn't you know we will be 3rd world according to it come Brexit day :rolleyes:

I honestly wonder what it would actually take for people to realise how bad the financial hit would be with no deal. Literally every major business that's said it's moving it's base overseas has been met with scaremongering, even when it's factually true.

Not even just with no deal either, due to the uncertainty businesses aren't taking any chances and shifting their HQ's to Germany or Holland.

Back