#Brexit

I'd be more than happy to see them go.
Well yous shouldn't have colonised half the world in the first place then ?
Assuming your English.

Maybe then there will hard borders along Scotland and wales too and not just ni ?
#buildthewall

Last edited:
instead of moaning about EU contributions (many of which actually support depressed areas like Cornwall), some of you should perhaps aim your ire at successive British governments over 40 years who allowed rapid deindustrialisation without any contingency plan (whilst the Germans supported theirs) and who wasted North Sea oil revenue (whilst the Norwegians invested theirs for a rainy day). Don't take it out on the Spanish nurses who wipe your granny's arse day after day or reliable Polish plumbers. If you pull up the drawbridge, you lose. End.

We should have more benefits though, like more contributions from the EU?

And they still want more money out of us after we leave, considering all we have contributed to them? Have a look at Romania, how is it fair that they contribute so little yet get more out of the EU?

Countries' contributions depend on their gdp.
Poor countries get more; I think it's called solidarity.

F

F*** solidarity. Charity starts at home

Even when you leave eu, you still have to contribute some "charity", in order to profit free access to the single market.
It's called "cohesion contribution". That's the case of Norway, Switzerland....and you still have to accept the rules of eu (freedom of movement...)

Even when you leave eu, you still have to contribute some "charity", in order to profit free access to the single market.
It's called "cohesion contribution". That's the case of Norway, Switzerland....and you still have to accept the rules of eu (freedom of movement...)
We won't be accessing the single market. She won't take us down that route. Whats the point in leaving in the first place?

A no deal is the best deal. Would put that awful suggestion to an end

We won't be accessing the single market. She won't take us down that route. Whats the point in leaving in the first place?

A no deal is the best deal. Would put that awful suggestion to an end

That's going to be tough considering the import/export volume with eu.
Your politicians should of started signing trade agreements with outside eu countries, way before the vote.

instead of moaning about EU contributions (many of which actually support depressed areas like Cornwall), some of you should perhaps aim your ire at successive British governments over 40 years who allowed rapid deindustrialisation without any contingency plan (whilst the Germans supported theirs) and who wasted North Sea oil revenue (whilst the Norwegians invested theirs for a rainy day). Don't take it out on the Spanish nurses who wipe your granny's arse day after day or reliable Polish plumbers. If you pull up the drawbridge, you lose. End.
Well said

There are countries doing very well without the need of the EU and most on WTO terms.
This is absolute nonsense, almost nobody trades solely on WTO terms.

Why wouldn't we do well?
Put simply, because

a) there will be tariffs on almost everything we export, destroying our car industry (even the Brexiters favourite economist, Patrick Minford, admits this),

b) there will either be tariffs on almost everything we import, especially food, which will raise prices or tariffs on nothing we import which will destroy our farming industry and flood the market with cheap, sub-standards imports.

This is absolute nonsense, almost nobody trades solely on WTO terms.

Put simply, because

a) there will be tariffs on almost everything we export, destroying our car industry (even the Brexiters favourite economist, Patrick Minford, admits this),

b) there will either be tariffs on almost everything we import, especially food, which will raise prices or tariffs on nothing we import which will destroy our farming industry and flood the market with cheap, sub-standards imports.
They raise tariffs, we raise tariffs. They need us more than we need them.

Prove to me what countries don't trade on WTO?

Yeah lets stay in a club where they say brexiteers have a special place in hell. The bloke is rumbled and scared of whats going to happen when Britain tells them au revoir

Yeah lets stay in a club where they say brexiteers have a special place in hell. The bloke is rumbled and scared of whats going to happen when Britain tells them au revoir
I am not sure a 450M people market needs more a 65M than the opposite.
For me, soft or hard brexit, it's a lose-lose agreement.
But who knows who will suffer the most...

Who's "they"? In any case, you cannot raise tariffs above the WTO agreed rates which are legally binding, you can only lower them and you have to do that for everybody, you cannot lower them for specific countries. This is why the EU could not offer lower tariffs to the UK without there being a deal, even if they wanted to.

Here. Do your own homework next time ;-)

I'm sure they appreciate Tory MP's tearing up press releases from the Germn boss of Airbus while spurting anti-German WW2 rhetoric, or Jeremy Hunt comparing the EU to a Soviet bloc, but hey, you pick and choose what's offensive.

Who's "they"? In any case, you cannot raise tariffs above the WTO agreed rates which are legally binding, you can only lower them and you have to do that for everybody, you cannot lower them for specific countries. This is why the EU could not offer lower tariffs to the UK without there being a deal, even if they wanted to.

Here. Do your own homework next time ;-)

I'm sure they appreciate Tory MP's tearing up press releases from the Germn boss of Airbus while spurting anti-German WW2 rhetoric, or Jeremy Hunt comparing the EU to a Soviet bloc, but hey, you pick and choose what's offensive.
Thanks for the link. Now this info says the EU are trading with 24 countries on WTO so whats stopping us doing that with those other countries once we leave?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41859691

"They" are the other countries we would be trading with. Why would they hike up the tariffs knowing said country wants a trade deal with UK as easy as possible? Surley then the UK turns round to the country they are dealing with and says no drop your tariffs lower to what we can match and then we'll talk?

Well he ain't far off wrong comparing them to a soviet bloc. Just you wait till that EU army gets up and running. .

Back