#Brexit

like I said above, it was an extreme analogy but the point I keep making is that the focus needs to be on the logistics, disruption and potential chaos and NOT on who voted for what. As Soha said, I doubt many in 2016 actually voted for havoc.

Its not rocket science though is it? Leave or Remain? That simple. Leaving meaning leave customs union, etc etc etc remain meaning etc etc

Voting leave wasn't the problem, the problem is how its being implemented. May has done everything she can at watering down the deal and doing anything and everything to keep the EU happy. Instead of going to Brussels with some backbone and playing hard ball shes done the opposite. For once we should of been setting the terms, show some strength.

Now the EU have said there is no renegotiation of the withdrawal agreement then shes stuck. She should just put the no deal on the table and walk away, which means jumping on WTO terms anyway? Because lets face it, her deal is a shit deal. Which also makes her statement of a no deal is better than a bad deal absoloute rubbish

I have lost faith in the system, mps are more interested in there own personal issues instead of sorting out what the UK voted for all you get from both sides (LAB&CON) are tit for tat with no solution, this has been dragging on since 2016 - earn your vastly overpaid wages and think of a plan.

It just proves how much mps are out of touch with the real world, that there wasn't even a Brexit plan just incase we might vote leave? Cameron soon f***ed off and left the mess for someone else.

But then again, have said this from the start when the majority of your party and current leader voted remain. . Time to kiss goodbye to a clean break.
But its not simple at all is it. Even the financial experts and bankers etc are holding their hands up and saying they just don't know how house prices etc are going to go.
The large majority of voters wouldn't have had a clue about any of the implications on jobs/travel/trade/House prices etc.
A large majority were spoon fed the 'immigrants are bad' card.

But its not simple at all is it. Even the financial experts and bankers etc are holding their hands up and saying they just don't know how house prices etc are going to go.
The large majority of voters wouldn't have had a clue about any of the implications on jobs/travel/trade/House prices etc.
A large majority were spoon fed the 'immigrants are bad' card.
Alot of it is scaremongering.

In general how often do you trust the banks when house prices are going up and down? Its all about having your money

How many countries in the EU are skint and in recession? Italy have just announced they are. . . We've had mass unemployment whilst we've been in the EU aswell.

And to say most people were spoon fed is unfair. There is a problem with immigration, we are a tiny kingdom that is going up in numbers in terms of population there is no denying that the free movement contributes to it.

Who wants a mass influx of eastern europeans using the free movement route just to set up a car wash "business" on the side of a dual carriageway when you can go down an ASDA or Tescos and do it yourself for £2?

I'd much prefer having people come here with valid skills to be honest, once those positions have been filled. Take it off the skills shortage list

Alot of it is scaremongering.

Lets re-visit this if and when we go out on no deal - which is looking more and more likely - and then see how "your money" is getting on.
Really winds me up how people just cast aside predictions/forecasts from well respected, non politically motivated people as "project fear". People who are experts in their field.

The other thing that really grinds my gears is the negotiation....how did anyone ever think we were in a strong position to negotiate leaving? Why on earth would the EU look to prioritise our needs over those of the EU? I've said from the beginning this could set us all back a generation - I hope I am wrong - and what are we actually achieving?

Lets re-visit this if and when we go out on no deal - which is looking more and more likely - and then see how "your money" is getting on.
Really winds me up how people just cast aside predictions/forecasts from well respected, non politically motivated people as "project fear". People who are experts in their field.

The other thing that really grinds my gears is the negotiation....how did anyone ever think we were in a strong position to negotiate leaving? Why on earth would the EU look to prioritise our needs over those of the EU? I've said from the beginning this could set us all back a generation - I hope I am wrong - and what are we actually achieving?
There are countries doing very well without the need of the EU and most on WTO terms. Why wouldn't we do well?

Doesn't it occur to you that these major players may have investments in the EU so they are trying to save their skin by mentioning doom & gloom every five minutes to influx a deal?

Why wouldn't we be in a strong position? We are the ones leaving, we set the terms. Countries outside the EU want our trade, we ain't a country who relys on the EU as much as Italy, Lithuania, Greece etc

Why would we need the EU to prioritise us when would be able to sign free trade deals with US, Japan, Canada, Australia the list goes on. . It can't even be called a negotiation if you are not prepared to walk away to lets be honest

In the event of a no-deal Brexit, (and an abrupt change in relations), the UK is working to replicate the deals the EU currently has with the rest of the world. As an EU member, the UK is currently part of about 40 trade agreements that the union has with more than 70 countries.
So far, none of these new free trade deals has actually been signed, although the UK says it is close to finalising a deal with Switzerland, having published some details last month.

Yes, some supporters of Brexit argue that no deal is the best way forward, because it would allow the UK to pursue an independent trade policy immediately - to go off and start signing its own trade deals.
That is not the government's view or the EU's view, nor is it the view of the vast majority of businesses.

The UK would be treated like any other third country - and in the absence of any trade agreement, that means tariffs and border checks.

The challenge, of course, is that after Brexit the UK will represent a much smaller market than when it was part of the EU and that means it will often have less power in trade negotiations.

And time is running rather short to complete what are always complex negotiations, in which every country will stick up for its own interests.

Of course they would. We’re the EU’s 2nd largest cash cow.

View attachment 6330

A broader view shows a balance around 6 billions
Total EU spending
How much does EU spend in your country?
United Kingdom: 7,051.55 M€

EU contribution per country
How much does your country contribute to the EU budget?
United Kingdom: 12,759.60 M€

Jezza on the EU..
In the event of a no-deal Brexit, (and an abrupt change in relations), the UK is working to replicate the deals the EU currently has with the rest of the world. As an EU member, the UK is currently part of about 40 trade agreements that the union has with more than 70 countries.
So far, none of these new free trade deals has actually been signed, although the UK says it is close to finalising a deal with Switzerland, having published some details last month.

Yes, some supporters of Brexit argue that no deal is the best way forward, because it would allow the UK to pursue an independent trade policy immediately - to go off and start signing its own trade deals.
That is not the government's view or the EU's view, nor is it the view of the vast majority of businesses.

The UK would be treated like any other third country - and in the absence of any trade agreement, that means tariffs and border checks.

The challenge, of course, is that after Brexit the UK will represent a much smaller market than when it was part of the EU and that means it will often have less power in trade negotiations.

And time is running rather short to complete what are always complex negotiations, in which every country will stick up for its own interests.

Ahh yes. Because the BBC never take sides :lol:

If we leave with this horse shit deal or no deal it would be interesting to see how many would turn out in the next election. Fails on both sides of red and blue which is clear to see

A broader view shows a balance around 6 billions
Total EU spending
How much does EU spend in your country?
United Kingdom: 7,051.55 M€

EU contribution per country
How much does your country contribute to the EU budget?
United Kingdom: 12,759.60 M€

Putting in more than you get out? And they want an extra £39B?

They can f*** off

You get free trade with EU for 6 billions.
We should have more benefits though, like more contributions from the EU?

And they still want more money out of us after we leave, considering all we have contributed to them? Have a look at Romania, how is it fair that they contribute so little yet get more out of the EU?

Last edited:
I just don't see the point in paying to be a member of a club where your contributions are distributed around and you get little in return. Mugs game

Last edited:
The EU are quick to shout down Poland & Hungary when it doesn’t agree with them. But utter silence when Spain is battering the shit out of voters and locking up politicians.
And silence when France is murdering protesters.

I just don't see the point in paying to be a member of a club where your contributions are distributed around and you get little in return. Mugs game

Does this mean we should kick out the other countries in the United Kingdom which pay in less than they received from Government? Genuine question here.

The EU are quick to shout down Poland & Hungary when it doesn’t agree with them. But utter silence when Spain is battering the shit out of voters and locking up politicians.
And silence when France is murdering protesters.
Murdering protesters?
Best joke of the year

Back