#Brexit

It's @matter down to a tee too, can't answer anything by way of justifying his opinions so solely relies on HUR DUR MY SIDE WON logic instead.

The greatest irony of all is that him and his type are the ones who will suffer the most as a result of the very thing they've been conned into blindly defending.

It's @matter down to a tee too, can't answer anything by way of justifying his opinions so solely relies on HUR DUR MY SIDE WON logic instead.

The greatest irony of all is that him and his type are the ones who will suffer the most as a result of the very thing they've been conned into blindly defending.
I'm assuming it as posted purely as a wind up, however celebrating your lack of intellect does seem to be a thing these days. Sadly these people are the easiest to con and they will continue to do as they're told.

Another interesting take on a different type of brexit/tory voter is here

I read only one article regarding this - it's just that it's been so long that Brexit's been in the mix that I felt worn out a bit and have gotten into the habit of avoiding reading up thinking it'll be the same as the last time I read something about it. And anyway, the article - tabloi, or whatever... I don't remember who presented it, nor do I side for or against the Prime Minister - said that the speech they heard given echoed a lot of nationalist rhetoric!

Thinking about England and the United Kingdom...

1608988767832.png

the words dignity and maturity come to mind. I know there are some skinheads - racists and the prejudiced, etc. - and it's not hard to imagine a soccer hooligan punching me in the guts just for being for the wrong team.

But I don't picture the UK as being beyond reason.

It's not without love... I think there is something strong and valuable in the very heart and soul of a majority of people there; even with their accent... ;) And it's taken a turn; Brexit.

So what's new, people? What's next? I don't think this has to be the end of amicable refugee relations or diplomatic immigration policies. It's the beginning of something that Brexiters (I don't know who all seceded; just Britain - hence the BR in brexit, or all of the UK... I'm American, remember?) wanted for their countrymen.

Something I can stand together with you on is a new beginning; something positive... maleable, tentative, and pure of heart. I think there are possibilities for Brexit, and although we know it has a decidedly negative connotation in the news media, whether right or wrong it is the future of the UK.

I think what I'm trying to say is congratulations. Let's make it something special.

Last edited:
I read only one article regarding this - it's just that it's been so long that Brexit's been in the mix that I felt worn out a bit and have gotten into the habit of avoiding reading up thinking it'll be the same as the last time I read something about it. And anyway, the article - tabloi, or whatever... I don't remember who presented it, nor do I side for or against the Prime Minister - said that the speech they heard given echoed a lot of nationalist rhetoric!

Thinking about England and the United Kingdom...

View attachment 11238

the words dignity and maturity come to mind. I know there are some skinheads - racists and the prejudiced, etc. - and it's not hard to imagine a soccer hooligan punching me in the guts just for being for the wrong team.

But I don't picture the UK as being beyond reason.

It's not without love... I think there is something strong and valuable in the very heart and soul of a majority of people their; even with their accent... ;) And it's taken a turn; Brexit.

So what's new, people? What's next? I don't think this has to be the end of amicable refugee relations or diplomatic immigration policies. It's the beginning of something that Brexiters (I don't know who all seceded; just Britain - hence the BR in brexit, or all of the UK... I'm American, remember?) wanted for their countrymen.

Something I can stand together with you on is a new beginning; something positive... maleable, tentative, and pure of heart. I think there are possibilities for Brexit, and although we know it has a decidedly negative connotation in the news media, whether right or wrong it is the future of the UK.

I think what I'm trying to say is congratulations. Let's make it something special.

I’m absolutely made up that Newcastle is on your map ??

But I generally agree with you, I think most people just want to get on with it now. Shit or bust.

It will probably drag on for decades now as politicians, always eager to assure their own sense of self importance, argue the toss over every nitty gritty detail of the debacle in a constant ‘he said-she said’ type bollocks they are renowned for in the UK.

Two words I’m officially sick of hearing this year are brexit and coronavirus ??‍♂️

I’d love to know what the ‘Wins’ are in the deal that have been struck for the average person? I can’t see anything better than what we have now, of any real impact.
I guess we will be all eating cheap fish in 5 years or something ??‍♂️

I’d love to know what the ‘Wins’ are in the deal that have been struck for the average person? I can’t see anything better than what we have now, of any real impact.
I guess we will be all eating cheap fish in 5 years or something ??‍♂️
Yeah I failed to see what the positives from the 'deal' are.

Yeah I failed to see what the positives from the 'deal' are.
Have seen this question so many times now. And still yet to see any Brexiteer actually answer it, other than with some inane / racist 'taking back control of our borders' bollocks. (Look what happened last week when lorries were stopped entering several countries. Turns out EU members had control of their own borders all along...)

I think the sad fact is that hate-mongers have sorta latched onto this anti-brown rhetoric that alienates and persecutes, really, lots of Middle-Eastern immigrants or refugees & sort of rejects them.

With Brexit the world, but more so Great Britain, or the UK, has an opportunity to show a lot of spirit.

Discretion should really be secondary to diplomacy here, & I don't believe that alienating, just pushing away, immigrants & refugees is what anybody stands for. Lots of Brexiters have concerns about their job opportunities being frittered away by maybe outsourcing in a way to the immigrant/refugee population. Those are valid concerns, but that they could be addressed by workers unions who might develop agreements within industries who are always hiring unskilled labor and so forth.

I don't think the solution has to be this halfway-and-decidedly xenophobic approach to immigration policy. There are more diplomatic ways of achieving the goals of the UK and everyone who voted leave.

And so, there's a true opportunity to show the world who we are (who you are if you're excluding me since I'm American). I think that mistakes will be made of course, but nothing is irreversible right now.

I feel like the momentum of the #MeToo & the #BLM & the #ICan'tBreathe movements as well have provided us with some insight that can help us as the Western World; as the leadership. to provide the unity that global society needs right now - especially considering the pandemic.

So, you're leading the way like it or not. Show us how you do! =-)

on a personal level the 2 major issues now are the value of sterling (am hoping the deal was already priced in) and visa requirements. essentially what happens to those who outstay 3 month tourist visa stays in Spain? I know someone currently living in Spain who could be in a lot of shit...

Been reading that EHIC cards are still going to be valid until they expire, and will then be replaced by an equivalent afterwards. At least one tiny tiny positive in this shitshow.

Has it not crossed your mind that people can love the countries of Europe, and hate the EU?
Why do you hate the EU out of interest? What are they responsible that has caused you so much pain / misery / upset that you ‘hate’ them ?

Back