Boycotting the clubs...

LetsBounce said:
the island thrives on club culture as an industry and its removal what collapse what little economy the Baleares have as that region survives on tourism.

interesting insight from someone who hasn't ever visited.

Hi all.

So what has actually closed this year? (if anything) And...more to the point...will most clubs still be around come June Next year?

Don't wanna book a trip and nothing left ;)

I hear the disco mafia are concreting all the beaches over........ and replacing them with beach themed clubs as a new revenue stream

:eek: :eek: :eek: :p :x :x :( :( :confused: :confused: :) :) :) :) :) - (just thought i'd also take this opportunity to use some of the more uncommon smileys)

:arrow: :arrow:

stuie said:
LetsBounce said:
the island thrives on club culture as an industry and its removal what collapse what little economy the Baleares have as that region survives on tourism.

I've never actually been to IB your right, but I been to Mallorca and Menorca a hell of alot and its all the same region....

LetsBounce said:
stuie said:
LetsBounce said:

I've never actually been to IB your right, but I been to Mallorca and Menorca a hell of alot and its all the same region....

i honestly don't know if you are right, but i think some people would argue that clubbing tourists are a small percentage or the total, therefore would it effect the economy as drastically as you suggest?

also, the other islands in the same region are quite different.

Yeah I know what your saying and it is very debatable, you have to take into consideration that Ibiza is not just a clubbing destination for people around the world but its a huge party destination for the Spanish from the Penninsula itself who even take the ferry every weekends from Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, you name it just for a good weekend out. I'm definately not an expert on Ibiza, I'm just sharing my view on what I know from living practically in Spain and Spanish television....

stuie said:
i honestly don't know if you are right, but i think some people would argue that clubbing tourists are a small percentage or the total, therefore would it effect the economy as drastically as you suggest?

also, the other islands in the same region are quite different.

Menorca and Ibiza can be compared, size, population and all that, atlho the objective target of each one is totally different. Menorca is more a "second house island", lots and lots of spaniards have a summer place there and if I'm not wrong a big big percentage of the visitors are national

Anyway, re to the clubbing scene it has nothing to see

Menorca and Ibiza can be compared, size, population and all that, atlho the objective target of each one is totally different. Menorca is more a "second house island", lots and lots of spaniards have a summer place there and if I'm not wrong a big big percentage of the visitors are national

Anyway, re to the clubbing scene it has nothing to see
Yes Menorca is for a quite hollydays, lots of wallks, tarraces but not really for clubbing, is praccticly inexsistent.

Back