BORA BORA's last season.... end of an era!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll turn this place into a Cafe del Mar or Mambo's type of experience, but more like Ushuaia. Direct competition with Ushuaia would be tricky. Unless they go for a pre-2011 beach experience.

Hard to compete with the lack of a 'true' sun-setting view, though.

The conversations I saw regarding Ushuaia's conversion in 2010 were pretty interesting! There was a lot of doubt, but seems to have worked out (depending on your perspective).
Did you see the other establishments that they have done?

For me personally, I’m not interested in luxury. I think it sucks the life out of stuff.

Just speculating.

They could also turn it into a driftwood-built sea shack that has a few crooked bar stools sitting next to some palm trees. With a couple of decent speakers.

That would make for an awesome alternative! ! I, sadly, find it unlikely. The new ownership appears to like boring Instagram-things.

Looks rather upscale, minus Bora Bora haha! This makes me believe it's more likely they do something along the lines of a Cafe del Mar over something a bit more rustic. Playa d'en bossa could benefit from a few more rustic or low key things.

Looks rather upscale, minus Bora Bora haha! This makes me believe it's more likely they do something along the lines of a Cafe del Mar over something a bit more rustic. Playa d'en bossa could benefit from a few more rustic or low key things.
I used to like the little bar on the beach between Jet and the Sal Rossa, that's all posh now like everywhere else 😐

Edit - Pago Pago. Used to pop in when we needed a break during a long Space session

Last edited:
Even if they did rustic it would be faux rustic.

Hi guys, anyone here been to zoo project at bora pls ? How its doing there (?)… crowd, musicwise, vibe, night vs day session etc. Seems that place fit better compared to ibiza rocks so curious if its worth to visit. Thx

Hi guys, anyone here been to zoo project at bora pls ? How its doing there (?)… crowd, musicwise, vibe, night vs day session etc. Seems that place fit better compared to ibiza rocks so curious if its worth to visit. Thx
I also wondering about this! We're looking at going when we're over end of September

Someone told me that the new bora bora space will be bought by the beso beach owner!
I just can hope to see a beautiful closing party with good dj , or may be to see once again Gee on the desk!
As someone told before , also for me , playa den bossa is dead , I know a llot of people love ushuaia and hi ( and know much more with the new club's chart) but is not for me, I tried once again Hi , and the feeling hasn't been good , beautiful establishment , beautiful lights...nice sound system...but to have a good feeling during a party , the people has to be involved and with a good actitude!! Not for me...

Someone told me that the new bora bora space will be bought by the beso beach owner!
I just can hope to see a beautiful closing party with good dj , or may be to see once again Gee on the desk!
As someone told before , also for me , playa den bossa is dead , I know a llot of people love ushuaia and hi ( and know much more with the new club's chart) but is not for me, I tried once again Hi , and the feeling hasn't been good , beautiful establishment , beautiful lights...nice sound system...but to have a good feeling during a party , the people has to be involved and with a good actitude!! Not for me...
PDB is possibly dead for the older generation, the Space/Bora Bora combo was so good back in the day. Walking down the side road towards the Bora Bora sign 🙌

Lots of people still enjoy what it has transformed into though?

It’s for a different sort of person now I think.

I’m not sure who it is aimed at - admittedly not been this year but it’s getting more run down, feels quite seedy at night and doesn’t really appear to have much for the high end except those mentioned. Compared to San An real lack of decent eating / drinking spots

PDB is possibly dead for the older generation, the Space/Bora Bora combo was so good back in the day. Walking down the side road towards the Bora Bora sign 🙌

Lots of people still enjoy what it has transformed into though?

It’s for a different sort of person now I think.
mmmm you're right...the mood is changed! is not the same, but all pdb is not the same , years ago was mentioned just to focus about trash tourism...now someone think is the new corner of the luxory people, but I'm not so sure! after two years of pandemy the people wants to enjoy as much as they can....pdb offer two of the 5 best clubs in the words ( not for me, but that's it) from 4pm to 6am pdb is full of people

I’m not sure who it is aimed at - admittedly not been this year but it’s getting more run down, feels quite seedy at night and doesn’t really appear to have much for the high end except those mentioned. Compared to San An real lack of decent eating / drinking spots
totally agree with you...

I’ve said before and recently on other FB pages. The place was never the same when Gee left. Only visited a few times since then and it was very poor. Just my thoughts but by trying to change and keep up with the times they lost the spark and madness that came with it.

Sad though to hear great memories from 00-06 🙌🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back