BORA BORA's last season.... end of an era!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bora Bora Ibiza says goodbye after 40 years​

The next few weeks, and until October 15, will be the last in which you can be part of the legend of this mythical Ibizan beach club​

Bora Bora announces that this 2022 will be its last season and that on October 15 it will close its doors forever after 40 years of uninterrupted operation. Next October 15 will be when Bora Bora closesDefinitely a time, preceded by a very important number of celebrations throughout the months of August, September and October in tribute to those who have been and are part of the legend of a mythical establishment and recognized throughout the world. Throughout its history, Bora Bora has been part of the list of the 100 best clubs in the world and artists such as Marco Carola, Claptone, Erick Morillo, Fat Tony, Nic Fanciulli, David Morales, Smokin Jo, Todd Terry, Danny Tenaglia and, with the logic of the years, hundreds if not thousands more. Almost everyone who is someone today in the music industry has been at the controls of the glass dome cabin that configures the complex's nightclub.

The future of Bora Bora​

The Bora Bora complex, with its apartments, restaurants, beach clubs, shops and a nightclub, has announced that this will be its last season but not yet what that space will be transformed into for the 2023 summer season. The current managers will announce it once this season is over. It will be a space dedicated to quality restaurants and day and night entertainment , as it has been up to now, but with a new name, a profound transformation and, without a doubt, with the imprint of one of the most important leisure and restaurant groups on the island.

The integral transformation of the Playa d'en Bossa area began a decade ago and the ´Bora Bora´ complex, which for 40 years has known how to evolve to adapt to the times, joins this transformation that seeks to value the area and attract quality tourism, without losing the magic of Ibiza and the essence of a space where we have all experienced magical moments» they comment from the direction of «Bora Bora» without revealing anything else for the moment. Bora Bora opened 40 years ago , in 1982, and was the first beach restaurant with music in Ibiza. Throughout its history it has been on the list of the 100 best clubs in the world and has received pilgrimages from 'clubbers' from all corners of the planet.

From Uncle Ibiza on FaceBook:
What’s next with the location?
Little bird told me that the new owners are TNL (The Night League), the creative company behind brands like ANTS and manage most of the party’s at Ushuaïa and Hï Ibiza.
There will still be restaurants present at the new place, also pool, outdoor and indoor party, but how, what, when… they will announce once the season is over.

Sad but it’s had it’s day in the current format. I always make an effort to get at least once visit each trip just for nostalgia, but it’s rarely busy even on Sunday. We went last Sunday and I’m not sure if fanciuli was late or didn’t turn up but the mixing was shocking at times. We left approx 8pm.

I'm tempted to fly out for the closing.

Do you think they'll make a bit of effort?

it's one thing to refurb an existing venue and try to take things upmarket. It's quite another to assume you can go straight to upmarket prices, trading off an aging reputation in the same tired venue imo
Thats it

And : Where are all the upmarket customers at this times ? From a german view: A lot of people have problems to pay the high prices. In UK the same , I heard. Next year we will see will happen Maybe nothing ?
I think : People will come to Ibz , but save money ( cheaper hotels less Partien less Restaurants)

it's one thing to refurb an existing venue and try to take things upmarket. It's quite another to assume you can go straight to upmarket prices, trading off an aging reputation in the same tired venue imo

You think they will just give it a lick of paint and up the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back