Bora Bora,DC10 & Amnesia fined???

I was talking to a girl who worked on the island last year and she said that the owner of Pacha is high up in the police or something and its all down to him, so people have to go to his club?

Might be bollocks though??

Does anybody know when Bora Bora will re-open?
I still haven't figured out what's so hard about moving 10 meters to the north and partying with the same DJs and even some of the same speakers next door at Tahiti :lol:

But theoretically, Bora Bora's month-long punishment should be over on or about July 11.

I still haven't figured out what's so hard about moving 10 meters to the north and partying with the same DJs and even some of the same speakers next door at Tahiti :lol:

So the party is just as good at Tahiti? how about Delano, does it ever get going there?

So the party is just as good at Tahiti? how about Delano, does it ever get going there?
Tahiti is up and down, because a lot of people still haven't figured out what's going on.

I was there on a couple of days when it was hopping, and a couple more days where the tunes were great and loud but there were just a few people standing around bobbing their heads and sipping their beers.

Tahiti is best on weekends at this point. Suppose it's no big deal now if BB opens on schedule next week.

Delano's had some tunes playing during the day (not too loud) but it closes early and was pretty dead every time I walked by. Even for people getting drinks on the beach, there's a kiosk right in front of Delano's that's 20 meters closer to the water.

in related news.....

Disco Tourism

The new president of the Bar, Restaurant and Cafeteria Association of Pimeef (small and medium sized business), Pedro Ortiz, attacked the trend of younger tourism and said that while the "all-inclusive" tendency was damaging the island, he explained that the real cancer was the island's total dependency on "disco" tourism. He claimed that these younger tourists did not eat out, or even use the bar, but were merely interested in going to the nightclubs where they spent all of their money.
He said that this season continued to be worse than last year, and that the main fears of his members were that, amongst other things, the season had now been reduced to just 60-70 days.

the ibiza sun

five cctv cameras will be installed THIS summer (like san antonio did in the past)
Security Cameras

The mayor, Lurdes Costa, held her first meeting with the Central Governments representative on the island, Manuel Bar, in an attempt to sort out the security problems currently facing the capital. Petty crime is rife during the summer months as professional thieves target the many tourists on the island. They both agreed the installation of cameras at key points around the centre is now a necessity.

the ibiza sun

Disco Tourism

He claimed that these younger tourists did not eat out, or even use the bar, but were merely interested in going to the nightclubs where they spent all of their money.

what total rubbish, i think he is just scared to blame the all inclusive companies

in related news.....
the season had now been reduced to just 60-70 days.
Hmm.... interesting statement since the Space closing was pushed back to the end of the first week of October this year... seems like the season is getting longer!

From Space opening weekend to Space closing weekend (if you count those as bookmarks for "the season") is 128 days by my count.

As for number of tourists, it did seem a little less full this year than last year (though about the same or more than 2 years ago) in the 2nd half of June. That impression is not based on any scientific data.

Is it really so hard to develop both "disco tourism" and family tourism? :rolleyes:
(and do the authorities not make more tax revenue off of 10 euro disco beers than 4 euro bar beers? :idea:)

in related news.....

Disco Tourism

The new president of the Bar, Restaurant and Cafeteria Association of Pimeef (small and medium sized business), Pedro Ortiz, attacked the trend of younger tourism and said that while the "all-inclusive" tendency was damaging the island, he explained that the real cancer was the island's total dependency on "disco" tourism. He claimed that these younger tourists did not eat out, or even use the bar, but were merely interested in going to the nightclubs where they spent all of their money.
He said that this season continued to be worse than last year, and that the main fears of his members were that, amongst other things, the season had now been reduced to just 60-70 days.

the ibiza sun

I can only speak as I find, and menioned this in my review. The all inclusive places appear to be killing the local trade of bars and eating places. I would hazzard a wild guess without knowing any figures and say that the average clubbers spend would be double that of your average chav tourist. And that is based on dining & drinking out, not club spending money.

We have probably spent more in Ibiza on six visits than we have on all other holidays all over the world (probably 20+) combined.

I can only speak as I find, and menioned this in my review. The all inclusive places appear to be killing the local trade of bars and eating places.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were living in one of the more family-oriented resorts, not one of the areas where these dreaded "disco tourists" live.

So all-inclusive is certainly not the exclusive domain of the disco tourism trade (and not even a large part of it as far as I've seen!)

in related news.....

Disco Tourism

the ibiza sun

jesus that is a load of rubbish - whilst it might be true for the very young crowd, this year I spent FAR more in restaurants and bars than I did in the clubs - probably only spent about 150 euros on club entry and drinks in the clubs (I never drink in the ibiza clubs because they're just too expensive) but way more on eating out, drinks on the beach etc, probably 3x as much.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were living in one of the more family-oriented resorts, not one of the areas where these dreaded "disco tourists" live.

So all-inclusive is certainly not the exclusive domain of the disco tourism trade (and not even a large part of it as far as I've seen!)

Possibly a misunderstanding here. I was trying to make the point as you suggest, the typical disco tourist is not likely to stay in all inclusive hotels.

The all inclusive places are likely to attract the chav type tourist who is after getting as much grub and booze as possible for a fixed price. I sadly know people who will only stay in all inclusive resorts for these reasons and put very little money into the local economy.

jesus that is a load of rubbish - whilst it might be true for the very young crowd, this year I spent FAR more in restaurants and bars than I did in the clubs - probably only spent about 150 euros on club entry and drinks in the clubs (I never drink in the ibiza clubs because they're just too expensive) but way more on eating out, drinks on the beach etc, probably 3x as much.

I absolutely agree... while I spend my money in the clubs for sure, I also eat lunch , dinner at places all over the place every day!

Back