Bora Bora,DC10 & Amnesia fined???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were living in one of the more family-oriented resorts, not one of the areas where these dreaded "disco tourists" live.

So all-inclusive is certainly not the exclusive domain of the disco tourism trade (and not even a large part of it as far as I've seen!)
I would think (though I may be wrong) that families are more likely to go 'all-inclusive' than your average clubber that usually go self-catering (and pick up food as and when they need it:confused:

I would think (though I may be wrong) that families are more likely to go 'all-inclusive' than your average clubber that usually go self-catering (and pick up food as and when they need it:confused:

Morbyd was being too smart for us, Padster :) We are all so keen to defend the totally inaccurate image of "disco tourists" we jump up and down all too quickly!!

Ibiza Sun (don't know how reliable or otherwise that is) says they are now in trouble for exceeding their capacity (which apparently is only 65!), playing music on an illegal terrace and allowing dancing on an illegal terrace (whether that means 'the terrace' as we know it or that new fenced-off bit outside what used to be the main entrance I don't know). Sounds worrying - when the police showed up on that opening day my immediate thought was that they had only allowed the place to open again in order to gather enough evidence to shut it down permanently and reports like this feed the same suspicion.

in the meantime, ibiza town also has announced that they want to get rid of the afterhours. that will affect venues like the new play, sunrise and soap in sa penya, the gay club deep center in figueretas (apart from some brothel in the area), santa fe in ibiza nueva, prestige in marina botafoch and probably some others i cant remember now :!:

:arrow: Vila modificará los horarios de las discotecas para evitar los `after hours´
from the ibiza sun:

Bar Crackdown

The new mayor of Ibiza Town, Lurdes Costa, has made the strict control of opening hours of the many "after hours" bars in the capital one of her priorities. She said that she would try to apply the Govern's new rules which are due out next April. She confirmed that Ibiza had to try and rid itself of the excesses that had become commonplace. She also promised to rid the municipality of prostitution, unauthorised street parties, and illegal car-parkers in the public car parks.

Her words were backed by the central Government's representative in Ibiza, Manuel Bar, who said that the war against drugs had only just started, and that the collaboration of all bars and clubs was needed to put an end to this "cancer on our tourism".

trick question: is dc10 closing again soon???
Ok, trick or not... :)
I went last Summer for closing parties. First time there, long trip to get there.
Was worth every second. I can't think of a day since where I haven't had the urge to head back and stay there.
Wanted to add a posting of my experience there as is the fashion, however its just so much better living in my head.

Now, last summer, word was "DC10 is closing for good this time" I went to DC10 closing... I was prob the 8th person in there at opening time. Wow wow wow. The sound system there was top. The music was truly great, and the people? :)

So... I take it, the "Closing for good" thing is all part of the spirit of DC10?
:)

Back