Books about Ibiza?

I read quite a few of these type books, Casa trippi, letters from Ibiza, Ibiza Rocked etc but The White Island is more my sort of book, instead of a story you get to learn a bit more about the place. What we could do with is a book on someone's experiences on moving there, unless there is a book already out there?

Wild Thyme in Ibiza
Not part of the package
The Road to San Vicente
A valley wide

I think that's the question that is always in the back of my mid -
I read quite a few of these type books, Casa trippi, letters from Ibiza, Ibiza Rocked etc but The White Island is more my sort of book, instead of a story you get to learn a bit more about the place. What we could do with is a book on someone's experiences on moving there, unless there is a book already out there?

I think that's the question that is always in the back of my mind - if I want to return to this place so much why don't I just move there?

^^ i started it today, on chapter four so far!

IMG_2015-09-08_18.00.07_portadajoanlluis.jpg

I finished reading this one yesterday. as far as I know it currently only exists in spanish which is a shame as I think it's an extremely good read and would be interesting for lots of english speaking people. if you do speak spanish and you're really interested in ibiza and the history of the past 50 years, do yourself a favour and have a read of it. an eye opener for me really.

Got "The White Island" based off of this topic and hugely impressed with it. As on the previous page where someone said, it has a lot of history in it, not all of which is entirely unique to Ibiza or even necessary to the topic being discussed but I love the way it's presented, masses of historical detail brightened with humour and bookended at either end with his own personal experiences of writing and researching the book.

It's been said here before that Stephen Armstrong's The White Island was in some ways pinched from Iain Stewart's (stingray) Rough Guide To Ibiza & Formentera, You would need to check that out for yourself though.....

Last edited:
Iain Stewart's Rough Guide book is indeed a fantastic piece of work. It was invaluable in helping me explore the island further and further from the starting point of San An - which was my, and what was many many other people's Ibiza starting point back then - long before the PDB expansion. A huge amount of my early island discoveries are down to that book.

Yeah its a good one..he lives close to a friend of mine and I talked to him briefly about ibiza and formentera, I said you should do a travel show on the Islands as he does stuff for tv here in Ireland called Enright's Way..he just started laughing.

It's been said here before that Stephen Armstrong's The White Island was in some ways pinched from Iain Stewart's (stingray) Rough Guide To Ibiza & Formentera, You would need to check that out for yourself though.....
Iain Stewart's Rough Guide book is indeed a fantastic piece of work. It was invaluable in helping me explore the island further and further from the starting point of San An - which was my, and what was many many other people's Ibiza starting point back then - long before the PDB expansion. A huge amount of my early island discoveries are down to that book.
Just bought this for a penny from Amazon, cheers fellas

I finished reading this one yesterday. as far as I know it currently only exists in spanish which is a shame as I think it's an extremely good read and would be interesting for lots of english speaking people. if you do speak spanish and you're really interested in ibiza and the history of the past 50 years, do yourself a favour and have a read of it. an eye opener for me really.
in case you feel like reading...

:arrow: "extending the tourist season is an irresponsibility, a collective suicide"

Ibiza's secret beaches. I read it at home all the time and it transports me straight to my favourite place on planet earth each time

Back