Bin Laden killed by US Forces

you reckon?

I think there is still more to come. If you consider how totally incompatible western liberalism and islamic orthodoxy are I think we ain't see nothing. There are entire communities living in poverty in East London who have zero connection with the UK mainstream or any kinds of liberal ideas and who are fertile ground for the militants. Living in West Ealing, on the other side of town, I also met a few Muslims who were openly misogynistic, hated black people, gay people, liberal people, in fact anything English. The majority won't act on it but for some there is a strain of hatred there lurking beneath the surface, just waiting to explode.

I would feel local intelligence has those militants under surveillance. Unlike the IRA, they stand out more for obvious reasons and dont integrate with normal society.

The Muslims that you refer to are real, but they need a leader of stature to incite them if they were to become militant. Once again I would expect intelligence to have strong grasp of the situation.

you put quite alot of faith in our intelligence organisations. they themselves have said its a case of when not if for an attack , theres only so much they can do

The intelligence services didn't manage to stop 9/11, 7/7 or the attempt on Glasgow airport. Even if you increase security, all terrorists need to do is pick a softer target.

I'd say the only thing that might quell revenge attacks is the fact that so many don't believe he's dead.

He's dead.

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!
'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!
'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-TERRORIST!!

I never said he wasn't dead.

If his pals don't believe he's dead, he can be dead without anyone wanting to launch a revenge attack. Make sense? It would be worse for us if more people believed he's dead.

'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies!
'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig!
'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

No, E is definitely alive and well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The live feeds are still rolling with this but I don't see much more mileage in this story. National governments are at war with al qaeda and are therefore legally mandated to kill their operatives. Now it may be that he was silenced to stop him spilling the beans on the embarrassing (shady) dealings of the 80s when he was our mate against the commies but fundamentally I think foremost on special forces minds would've be the need to take him out as quickly as possible, in case he had a suicide vest on which might've killed everyone in that cave. This seems to be me to be common sense explanation. but hey conspiracy theories are fun aren't they

What do Kate Middleton and Osama Bin Laden have in common?

They both had their back door smashed in and got shot in the face by a military bloke on Saturday night.....

I'm out!

I bet those rabbiting on about OBL being still alive were the same people rabbiting on about the Twin Towers being blown up by the Bush administration.

I bet those rabbiting on about OBL being still alive were the same people rabbiting on about the Twin Towers being blown up by the Bush administration.

There are alot of whackos here in the USA that think that and call in to programs about it all the time. the moon landing was faked etc etc ......:eek::lol:

Back