Berlins...

Thinking of making my 1st visit in April (got a couple of days leave to use before end April), but looking at average temperatures I'm thinking I might be better waiting.. It looks like it has the potential to be colder than Scotland. Thoughts on visiting at that time of year?
Went april last year and the weather was fine, really sunny some days! Never needed more than an warmish coat on anyway. Been March as well and the weather was the same then!

Are all Berlin clubs tougher to get into than clubs back home? Is there less tolerance for people turning up drunk? Not that I intend to be doing much drinking...

Are all Berlin clubs tougher to get into than clubs back home? Is there less tolerance for people turning up drunk? Not that I intend to be doing much drinking...

Less tolerance for Brits turning up drunk, certainly. Usual rules apply: know who's playing, stay in small (mixed) groups, don't be too intox, have a little German in your locker, don't take it as a given you will get in, have a Plan B.

I suspect you will be fine. But stick to the above and it will help.

I'll be on my tobler, don't know any German whatsoever and may have had a few drinks while wandering about during the day. :lol: I was thinking previously that I wasn't that fussed about clubbing and would gear the trip more towards daytime exploring, but kind of think now I ought to experience it...

I have to say unfortunately , yes my experience of every late night venue is definitely more hostile than anywhere else Ive been... sorry

I'll be on my tobler, don't know any German whatsoever and may have had a few drinks while wandering about during the day. :lol: I was thinking previously that I wasn't that fussed about clubbing and would gear the trip more towards daytime exploring, but kind of think now I ought to experience it...
Wear a scarf

Heading over this weekend for a stag do Fri-Sun, only a small group of us going now though (5/6), lots have pulled out. Groom isn't majorly fussed about trying the big clubs, although he is into his music, just says he's happy to go wherever we end up. Any tips on where to head for us etc? Would love to drag them to one of the bigger clubs, but we will wait and see! haha. Staying in Alexanderplatz area

This is the ugliest, most non-descript city I've been to. Didn't get to try the clubs, sadly (due to knackered leg). At least it's fairly cheap and has some nice bars (though so does Glasgow...). :confused:

Heading over this weekend for a stag do Fri-Sun, only a small group of us going now though (5/6), lots have pulled out. Groom isn't majorly fussed about trying the big clubs, although he is into his music, just says he's happy to go wherever we end up. Any tips on where to head for us etc? Would love to drag them to one of the bigger clubs, but we will wait and see! haha. Staying in Alexanderplatz area

Split into groups of 2, don't look like douchebags (no collared or anything remotely dressy, wear blacks and greys, tshirt or sweater/hood) and go to Ipse. The door there seems a little easier than most. Has an indoor and outdoor stage most the time. Same for ritter butke. If you go up not too eager or chatty, you should be good to go. Obviously try your luck at berghain although your a bit short on time for it so may not want to waste your time in line. Kater is Good Friday but tough door...id pull strings for list for that party.

Ritter butzke has tix for sale Friday, Ipse and ://about blank have tix for Saturday. ://about blank party Saturday looks nice. https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?948046

Split into groups of 2, don't look like douchebags (no collared or anything remotely dressy, wear blacks and greys, tshirt or sweater/hood) and go to Ipse. The door there seems a little easier than most. Has an indoor and outdoor stage most the time. Same for ritter butke. If you go up not too eager or chatty, you should be good to go. Obviously try your luck at berghain although your a bit short on time for it so may not want to waste your time in line. Kater is Good Friday but tough door...id pull strings for list for that party.

Ritter butzke has tix for sale Friday, Ipse and ://about blank have tix for Saturday. ://about blank party Saturday looks nice. https://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?948046

I'm in Berlin this weekend as well. Get in Saturday afternoon, out Wednesday evening. I'll definitely be at ://about blank at some point although since it's my first trip, we'll likely try to get into Berghain either before or after. Just me and my brother but we don't speak a lick of German so should be interesting.

And for the record, my best nights usually begin with "I'll be happy wherever we end up." I went to Ibiza with my brother last year and while we had an absolute ball, we're leaving it a bit open ended this time around. Good to have some sort of game plan or at least know what's out there but we're not buying anything in advance. We're going to rock up and take our chances.

Amazing if this is serious. Posts on spotlight but doesn't go to parties in Berlin. Don't believe it.

I am serious, unfortunately. I knackered my leg walking too far in the wrong shoes on the first day, which is why I never went clubbing. Many people hype up Berlin, a couple of people (not party folks tbf) tried to keep my expectations in check before going. My experiences there swayed more towards the latter. Compare Berlin to Amsterdam, for example - absolutely no contest.

I am serious, unfortunately. I knackered my leg walking too far in the wrong shoes on the first day, which is why I never went clubbing. Many people hype up Berlin, a couple of people (not party folks tbf) tried to keep my expectations in check before going. My experiences there swayed more towards the latter. Compare Berlin to Amsterdam, for example - absolutely no contest.

I actually hurt my hip walking too far on my first day. It's a massive city and we thought we were always within walking distances from place to place. We soon found out that was not that case. Albeit this did not stop me going clubbing.

I found the city itself was one of the most beautiful cities I've been to. I actually found when leaving I feel I need to return at least one more time to see the full city. The buildings in Amsterdam are not on par with Berlin. In my opinion all Amsterdam has is dope and hookers, over priced as well. I left here feeling no need to return.

The only clubbing experience I have to Berlin was the watergate, and it was amazing. Dark, dirty, sweaty. All I want in a club. None commercial. Again I feel I need to go back and experience more of Berlins clubs.

I suppose everyone is different.

Back