Berlins...

so i am visiting berlin for the first time in 2 weeks for a weekend for my 40th.
there is a mixed group of 4... 2 guys 2 gals.

was going to try berghain on the saturday night with the expectancy of probably getting turned away
we are staying in Friedrichshain so no big deal

as a back up was thinking suicide circus or tresor....can anyone recommend these or maybe another solid option?
is january any less busy to possibly make it any easier on the door?

ps. i dont possess a beard or a silly hair cut in fact we all look rather normal :)
will this help or hinder us on our quest? haha

so i am visiting berlin for the first time in 2 weeks for a weekend for my 40th.
there is a mixed group of 4... 2 guys 2 gals.

was going to try berghain on the saturday night with the expectancy of probably getting turned away
we are staying in Friedrichshain so no big deal

as a back up was thinking suicide circus or tresor....can anyone recommend these or maybe another solid option?
is january any less busy to possibly make it any easier on the door?

ps. i dont possess a beard or a silly hair cut in fact we all look rather normal :)
will this help or hinder us on our quest? haha

We returned yesterday from a 4 day stay in Friedrichshain (nhow hotel).

We considered Berghain on New Year's Day but decided against it due to:

a) queuing for hours in the cold with the risk of not getting in and decimating our motivation to go elsewhere
b) getting in and staying there for a lengthy stretch and ruining our last day

It was a wise decision which enabled us to see a lot more of the city.

Back on topic - you may consider Watergate or Matrix which are in the area (the pics on Matrix website for NYE showed a very young crowd however). Both of these are located at each end of the bridge. Tresor isn't too close but nothing a 20 minute taxi ride can't fix.

You picked a great location to stay as there's loads of nice bars, restaurants, boutiques etc and also the east side gallery.

We definitely plan to return, hopefully in summer and probably try and make Berghain.

Other than that - enjoy!

I'd second watergate.

berghain - I'd try sunday morning. queue's mostly the shortest then and if it's not too packed inside you've got a tiny bit better chance to get in (and if not, you haven't spent hours waiting for a NO).

thanks for the feedback, i will definately consider watergate

is there any lively bars with music in the Friedrichshain district that can be recommended?

looking forward to a good trip!!

thanks for the feedback, i will definately consider watergate

is there any lively bars with music in the Friedrichshain district that can be recommended?

looking forward to a good trip!!

I'll try and find a moment tomorrow to draw the area you need to be on a map tomorrow

Are you staying in any particular hotel?

37 spend quiet some time in Berlin as well

About 20ish years ago, and the years following after that Berlin clubs where quiet easy to get into. You could get easily into clubs like Tresor, Berghain, Club 25 etc....
As you might realise by 2017 everybody knows about Berlin too and yes everybody wants to go Clubbing. Berlin is the new Ibiza except there are no tickets and plenty of potenial clients to chose from at the door.

If you give me the dates I will have a look for you

it depends what you want.
watergate has a great booking and a wunderful location, lineup mostly tech/deep - nevertheless sometimes the crowd is strong.
matrix is more bigroom - wouldn't recommend
tresor has the focus on techno.

just check resident advisor for your favorite lineup... sometimes small clubs with local acts happy a great athmosphere, too.

nevertheless you can walk from berghain to tresor without problem - i would say about 20 minutes?

37 spend quiet some time in Berlin as well

About 20ish years ago, and the years following after that Berlin clubs where quiet easy to get into. You could get easily into clubs like Tresor, Berghain, Club 25 etc....
As you might realise by 2017 everybody knows about Berlin too and yes everybody wants to go Clubbing. Berlin is the new Ibiza except there are no tickets and plenty of potenial clients to chose from at the door.

If you give me the dates I will have a look for you
thank you zeen am going friday 20th and saturday 21st january

I was in Berlin at the end of October. It really is a fantastic city. I found it a rather wide spread city. We made the mistake of walking the first day to find our bearings and doing a city tour the second. I feel we should have switched this around as there where lots of locations we wanted to go to the next day. However, that didn't happen as we didn't leave the watergate until 8am the following morning (not to any regrets). The watergate was amazing, everything I wanted and expected. I will be visiting again in 2017

I'm going to Berlin in May for five days - can't wait!

We are staying in Mitte, planning to get the heaviest clubbing out of our system our first days there (Sat + Sun). We are going to try Berghain but after inevitable rejection, we're just going to see who has the best lineup.

Has anyone done Club der Visionaire on Sunday during the day? I get the sense that CDV and about blank are two of the best Sunday day spots but any other day drinking/afters recommendations would be super helpful.

I'm going to Berlin in May for five days - can't wait!

We are staying in Mitte, planning to get the heaviest clubbing out of our system our first days there (Sat + Sun). We are going to try Berghain but after inevitable rejection, we're just going to see who has the best lineup.

Has anyone done Club der Visionaire on Sunday during the day? I get the sense that CDV and about blank are two of the best Sunday day spots but any other day drinking/afters recommendations would be super helpful.
I've done CDV of a sunday evening and it was quality, only about 50 / 60 people there and everyone was really up for it, ended up getting ruined with the owner and leaving pretty much straight to the airport to fly home. Never felt so ill in all my life! Really recomend it!

I've done CDV of a sunday evening and it was quality, only about 50 / 60 people there and everyone was really up for it, ended up getting ruined with the owner and leaving pretty much straight to the airport to fly home. Never felt so ill in all my life! Really recomend it!

Doesn't get much better than that - I'll lock it in :lol:

next to boxhagener platz

wonderful area, enjoy!
great pub & food culture in this corner. several clubs only a few minutes away ("Ostkreuz" or "Warschauer Straße")... try the falafel in the "krossener street" facing the boxhagener platz (2,80€!!). :)

well thank you if you get the time....am staying in a private rental apartment next to boxhagener platz

Hi. Apologies for not coming back to you only I've been suffering from a shocking cold, but basically you're staying in the area I would have suggested so all good.

Hope you have a great time.

I have to say , CDV was the busiest , only uncomfortably busy place ive been to in berlin. Was a night that Tini was doing if that makes a difference but was questionably enjoyable

tINI - I know she has her fans, especially in Ibiza. I just find her terribly hit-and-miss. If I'm honest her recent essential mix bored me to tears.

I think it was Amnesia Closing 2014 where I last saw her when she impressed me. Granted, I've not seen her a lot. I'm just not sure I'd go out of my way to see her.

Thinking of making my 1st visit in April (got a couple of days leave to use before end April), but looking at average temperatures I'm thinking I might be better waiting.. It looks like it has the potential to be colder than Scotland. Thoughts on visiting at that time of year?

Back