Berlins...

I didn't bother trying. Was up early yesterday helping friends with marathon prep then too tired after.

2 of our group went and got in. Queued from 16:30 and eventually got in at 21:00. 4.5 hours on my feet before dancing...would have killed me!

They said very few got rejected, of those that did, majority were heterosexual couples and a few groups of males.

I didn't bother trying. Was up early yesterday helping friends with marathon prep then too tired after.

2 of our group went and got in. Queued from 16:30 and eventually got in at 21:00. 4.5 hours on my feet before dancing...would have killed me!

They said very few got rejected, of those that did, majority were heterosexual couples and a few groups of males.

Don't blame you. Sunday morning is only time you won't queue for ages, people try other things and every time come back with the same stories ! Can't remember waiting longer than about 10 minutes to get in. Only at the coat check which for some reason is impossibly slow sometimes, so much so that even with a re-entry stamp and a separate queue it's a huuuge disincentive to going back in once you leave the place !

Did they enjoy themselves ?

Booked to go the first May bank holiday this year.

Looking forward to seeing the historic sites in the day and hearing some techno by night.

clubbing wise attempt berghain on a sunday morning and maybe watergate/tresor on the saturday night? Best time to que for both? Roughly thinking 10/11am berghain, midnight watergate/tresor?

Any tips for a Plan B? Sunday is easy if rejected got all day to do something, its the Saturday night I'd be looking for something else

Staying on Alexanderplatz any tips on good German restaurants, biergartens & pubs? Local beer/food of course

Booked to go the first May bank holiday this year.

Looking forward to seeing the historic sites in the day and hearing some techno by night.

clubbing wise attempt berghain on a sunday morning and maybe watergate/tresor on the saturday night? Best time to que for both? Roughly thinking 10/11am berghain, midnight watergate/tresor?

Any tips for a Plan B? Sunday is easy if rejected got all day to do something, its the Saturday night I'd be looking for something else

Staying on Alexanderplatz any tips on good German restaurants, biergartens & pubs? Local beer/food of course

If you get rejected from Berghain try suicide circus. Cool club next to the metro closest to berghain. Nice dark room and the outside garden is awesome to chill.

Good idea to join 1st May bank holiday! Are you also in the city the weekend before/after?
Some infos about the weekends:
I sometimes have the feeling that there are other rules for residents/Germans (without ascribing any club some kind of racism), I follow the following rules/ideas:
// Berghain: try to go early. It's easier to get in an empty club (10pm - 2am) than in a 90% full club (morning hours). I never got rejected during this time period. The "Klubnacht" is Saturday to Monday, normally there is just a daytime open air on May, 1st.
// I had the best experience to get into Sisyphos during noon/early afternoon time.

On May 1st, there are free open airs all over the city (especially Kreuzberg & Neukölln) and a huge street festival. Last year there were free open airs with Pan-Pot, andhim, Ellen Alien (just to name a few). You'll find a good spot to party and some after parties everywhere (but not in Berghain I think)

Feel free to let me know in case you have any questions or you need more specific infos :) can add some pubs/food/beergarden recommendations in the next days

Last edited:
8 years ago 5 of us went to Watergate. Didn’t think they would lest us in, as we were all smashed. But all got in, no questions asked.

Went back a few years ago, and had guestlist with their vinyl boxset, so got straight in.

Sisyphos is great. Especially when it’s warm out. Waited in line for like 90 minutes, the group in front of us didn’t get in, my wife almost blew it when the bouncer asked a question, had to save that one....But venue was excellent.

Sisyphos is great. Especially when it’s warm out. Waited in line for like 90 minutes, the group in front of us didn’t get in, my wife almost blew it when the bouncer asked a question, had to save that one....But venue was excellent.
What was the question and did you reply in German?

Currently memorising every basic I can think of into German, which is quite easy I have to say :confused:

What was the question and did you reply in German?

Currently memorising every basic I can think of into German, which is quite easy I have to say :confused:

Sort of weird question, probably because English wasn’t his first language. He said something like, “Where do you want to go? to my wife.

Wife just stood there trying to process, but I knew enough about the different rooms and DJs that were playing to give coherent answer.

Entire nerve-wracking verbal exchange was in English.

Sort of weird question, probably because English wasn’t his first language. He said something like, “Where do you want to go? to my wife.

Wife just stood there trying to process, but I knew enough about the different rooms and DJs that were playing to give coherent answer.

Entire nerve-wracking verbal exchange was in English.
I’m in Berlin this weekend and don’t have any of these worries....my missus won’t let me anywhere near a nightclub whilst here :)

Eli & Fur at watergate when i'm there. Happy about that, some decent house beats keeps the misses happy.

What time do folk recommend in going to watergate?

Eli & Fur at watergate when i'm there. Happy about that, some decent house beats keeps the misses happy.

What time do folk recommend in going to watergate?
the headliners normally play quite early (in relation to the rest of Berlin) and start normally between 3 and 5. The line-up isn't too heavy on this date, so I assume that the quere will be very small from 3.30 on. As a male: wear a t-shirt, not a shirt ;)

the headliners normally play quite early (in relation to the rest of Berlin) and start normally between 3 and 5. The line-up isn't too heavy on this date, so I assume that the quere will be very small from 3.30 on. As a male: wear a t-shirt, not a shirt ;)
Haha casual the way forward, one thing i'm looking forward too. Any personal recommendations where to drink before then, preferably with music to get the mood going, open late?

Haha casual the way forward, one thing i'm looking forward too. Any personal recommendations where to drink before then, preferably with music to get the mood going, open late?

There are mass of bars in walking distance (directly at "Schlesisches Tor" or in "Friedrichshain" - over the bridge).
If you want an electronic music bar: mnml bar - free entrance (only one additional euro with the first drink), dj every day, drink prices ok (draft pint 4€ afaik)... other great bars are (but mostly non-electronic) radio bar or "trautes hain" (pub)

Back