Berlin - thoughts?

I do think they are averse towards non-germans getting in. I saw loads of them being rejected at Berghain, men and women. I can't take it too personally, and I know there's all the jokes memes about Sven and Berghain, but it gets frustrating

I do think they are averse towards non-germans getting in. I saw loads of them being rejected at Berghain, men and women. I can't take it too personally, and I know there's all the jokes memes about Sven and Berghain, but it gets frustrating
Would you be willing to take a ??

Supply and demand. If 5.000 PAX want to go to Berghain, but there is only place for 2.000, there will be a problem.

From my experience, the Saturday evening is the easiest way to get admission. The club is "empty" on Saturday midnight - on Sunday, it's already (half) packed, but same demand.

we did our annual berlin winter trip last weekend. this time it was purely about clubbing. my wife and I didn't get to go out as much as we used to during the ibiza season (I'll say more on this in the 'how's your year been' thread soon) so we were really looking forward to go and let loose for a few days and nights (it wasn't that crazy though).

thursday night we finally went to kitkat - it's a club that's been on my bucket list for years and finally we made it. if you don't mind it kinky, it's a great experience - we shall be back at some point! this was the appetizer to our weekend.

friday we went to watergate, nothing new for me, but a friend of ours was playing so we thought we might as well. it served perfectly as a first course.

and then saturday and sunday was the main course. on saturday evening we first went to heideglühen, another venue that's been on my to do list for a while. such a cool place. italojohnson had the place rocking early evening and we stayed until about 4am. this is a club I would love to see one day in the summer months (very tricky though if you live and work in ibiza...).

then we made a pitstop at a friend's place and at around 7am we were in the queue for berghain. in contrast to what @sir! says here:
From my experience, the Saturday evening is the easiest way to get admission. The club is "empty" on Saturday midnight - on Sunday, it's already (half) packed, but same demand.

we almost always go on early sunday morning and so far the longest we've queued was half an hour. last weekend was berghain's 18th anniversary so we knew it would be busy, but again, we timed it well and the queue was absolutely bearable. we all made it in (we were a group of five) and so we spent the next 15hrs in berghain and panoramabar.

we left berghain sunday night, by then the club had gotten super busy, and we'd been dancing for over 24hrs. also I had to catch a flight back to the balearics on monday and I had to be in fine form for monday night, so from the get-go I'd known we would have to stop sunday night to get some decent sleep before I traveled back.

resuming...well what can I say? berlin's still one of the best places in the world for clubbing, period. in most venues people are super friendly, prices are OK - even though it definitely has become more expensive. I remember paying 17€ to get into berghain, now it's 25€ and it was actually 30€ for us because we hit the anniversary weekend. but if you consider that you get over 24hrs of clubbing for that (if you've got the stamina), I think that's still really fair. drink prices are cool as well.

can't wait for the next berlin visit - one day I'm gonna make it in summer to see those venues when the outside bits are open!

I thought Kitkat has been closed ? Or only new venue ?
We have a similar , smaller , club in the Rhein Main Area, with kinky Partys at some weekends. Big fun there. These kinky parties are everywhere now. Saw a annoncement for Ibiza.

we did our annual berlin winter trip last weekend. this time it was purely about clubbing. my wife and I didn't get to go out as much as we used to during the ibiza season (I'll say more on this in the 'how's your year been' thread soon) so we were really looking forward to go and let loose for a few days and nights (it wasn't that crazy though).

thursday night we finally went to kitkat - it's a club that's been on my bucket list for years and finally we made it. if you don't mind it kinky, it's a great experience - we shall be back at some point! this was the appetizer to our weekend.

friday we went to watergate, nothing new for me, but a friend of ours was playing so we thought we might as well. it served perfectly as a first course.

and then saturday and sunday was the main course. on saturday evening we first went to heideglühen, another venue that's been on my to do list for a while. such a cool place. italojohnson had the place rocking early evening and we stayed until about 4am. this is a club I would love to see one day in the summer months (very tricky though if you live and work in ibiza...).

then we made a pitstop at a friend's place and at around 7am we were in the queue for berghain. in contrast to what @sir! says here:

we almost always go on early sunday morning and so far the longest we've queued was half an hour. last weekend was berghain's 18th anniversary so we knew it would be busy, but again, we timed it well and the queue was absolutely bearable. we all made it in (we were a group of five) and so we spent the next 15hrs in berghain and panoramabar.

we left berghain sunday night, by then the club had gotten super busy, and we'd been dancing for over 24hrs. also I had to catch a flight back to the balearics on monday and I had to be in fine form for monday night, so from the get-go I'd known we would have to stop sunday night to get some decent sleep before I traveled back.

resuming...well what can I say? berlin's still one of the best places in the world for clubbing, period. in most venues people are super friendly, prices are OK - even though it definitely has become more expensive. I remember paying 17€ to get into berghain, now it's 25€ and it was actually 30€ for us because we hit the anniversary weekend. but if you consider that you get over 24hrs of clubbing for that (if you've got the stamina), I think that's still really fair. drink prices are cool as well.

can't wait for the next berlin visit - one day I'm gonna make it in summer to see those venues when the outside bits are open!
great review Stivi! I haven't been since 2017 but this makes me want to book a weekend in Berlin immediately.

Great stuff this. We are heading out there in February for my 32nd after Covid took my 30th, so I may PM you for some more tips!

What I saw in Berghain was : There are not so many people in the queue, who were refused. Dont know if this is the case every day.
They didnt want tourists , who only want to stare at the people. They dont want homophobe people and they dont want 18 year old Erasmus students. And they dont want the ( Ibiza ) Berlin Vip crowd with expensive watches and Porsches, who think they own the world.
The rest has a good chance to be welcome.
They have a cap of 2000 ( ? ). If they want to have some people in , its impossible the refuse 90 percent ( as some people say ).
Think : If you are the bouncer and you want to have a Berghain crowd : Who will let you in ? I think, it will be similar to whats happening there now.

Berlin for my 32nd officially booked! So come at me with your best tips for a couple of first-timers
We are hoping to do some techno hunting the day we arrive which will be a Wednesday (are clubs open then?) and then maybe do some touristy things for the rest of the week
Any must-do's or must-see's appreciated 😄

Berlin for my 32nd officially booked! So come at me with your best tips for a couple of first-timers
We are hoping to do some techno hunting the day we arrive which will be a Wednesday (are clubs open then?) and then maybe do some touristy things for the rest of the week
Berlin was where I found out I needed to wear glasses; could not read the underground map.

Fat Tires bike tour was one of the best things we did, along with the usual stuff. (https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...467-Reviews-Fat_Tire_Tours_Berlin-Berlin.html)

Remind me closer to the time, I have many many suggestions

Back