Berlin - thoughts?

Is klubnacht generally monthly at the end of each month or is it random?

Trying to plan in advance and I'd preferably rather a klubnacht night at Berghain/pbar

They used to have the Love Parade. From 1989 to 2003 then 2006. '04 & '05got cancelled. 2007 to 2010 were somewhere else. ('09 got cancelled too but wasn't planned for Berlin. All this according to Wikipedia.)

Love Parade!!! =-)

Other than that, I don't know anything about Berlin. Ableton might be from there... and Pasadena, as well.

Is klubnacht generally monthly at the end of each month or is it random?

Trying to plan in advance and I'd preferably rather a klubnacht night at Berghain/pbar

How do you define "Klubnacht"? Normally the "Klubnacht" (=open berghain AND panorama bar) is every Saturday night until Monday noon (only a few exceptions like after/before NYE)

Maybe you already read from the gossip thread, but it's just hard to get into clubs. I only tried Berghain, Watergate, and Tresor, and Tresor was the only one I got into. It's touristy but a different type of touristy. I spent a lot of time wasted trying to get into Watergate (richy Ahmed and Skream all night) but I was shocked not getting in. I thought it was only limited to Berghain.

Strangely I do want to go back and explore more. The normal touristy stuff was great, would like another round of torture trying to get in. I could have tried harder but this was after like 2.5 weeks of Ibiza almost lolol

How do you define "Klubnacht"? Normally the "Klubnacht" (=open berghain AND panorama bar) is every Saturday night until Monday noon (only a few exceptions like after/before NYE)
For some reason I thought klubnacht was only every few weeks and the other weekends was label takeovers etc.
I never actually looked into it just thought I'd ask here

For some reason I thought klubnacht was only every few weeks and the other weekends was label takeovers etc.
I never actually looked into it just thought I'd ask here

They sometimes include label nights into their "klubnacht" - but in general it's every Saturday :)
Try to avoid special events like ostgut klubnacht, csd or berghain birthday, it's even harder to get in

From what I understand Berghain is tough to get into just having Googled "Berlin" and "Why are clubs hard to get into" or something... :cool:

If clubbing is really important to you, it seems like it might actually be worthwhile trying to get in. The picture in my mind (having read an interview with one of the famous Berghain bouncers) is of the staff trying to put the best mix into the crowd so as to influence the experience of Berghain clientele (if you can call a clubber "clientele"). I initially got a studio 54 vibe from that; getting picked out of the crowd to be let in. But I think they're doing something... altogether more culture driven. At least I hope so.

My belief is that Studio 54 was elitist (we'll see... I have a documentary in the armoire which I borrowed from a local library nearby) and probably about who had money; not just to get in the door but to finance the desired lifestyle. Arguably, clubbing in general had been somewhat about that; at least for some, not all. But I think Berghain might be trying to identify (beyond the monetary) what about a given partygoer makes for a desirable evening. It's sad that you can't let everyone in if you ask me.

Forget all Documentaries , all Interviews and everything. As I wrote here : It was a gay fetish location . And it was a Independent thing.
And I think in reality Nothing changed. I think they dont want to be famous and too much in the media. I would think ( I heard nothing About it ) they had offers from companies for Events or Promotion. The new Sneaker presented in Berghain , the new Electric car presented in Berghain and so on. Companies are Looking for Brands they can use. Mercedes did it in Ibz .Never seen that they have done this. That means : Its not Ibiza , where they do nearly everything for bucks. If they do it one time , ist over.
They want a place with People like themselves . Nothing else … and good Sound and a save place where the fuc… world stays outside. , without retards who hate People which are different ( sexual , way of live and so on )

They did host a Lady Gaga (?) album launch once, I seem to recall.
As far as I'm aware, it was an isolated blot on the copy book

Back