bars in san antonio

Buddah Beachy business

Any more info on the Buddah Beach bar yet?

We're coming over with a group of around 15 people May 28th - June 2nd and were hoping to do the Tribe of Frog on Sunday night (not on!) and Namaste on Wed 1st (not on!!). Bugger! Both events seem unlikely to start until mid-june. So in their "style" what else on a hippy/buddah/slightly warped but oh-so-fun tip, can there be at this time?!

Many thanks for any help.

Cheers, Max

Re: Buddah Beachy business

last year before tribe of frog started las dalias had a few psy-trance parties on sundays so maybe there will be something of that kind going on by then..........

McRackin said:
and tonight is also the re-opening of capone, which will be run by the guys of vertigo :!:
it has been closed during the last weeks to do some reforms and, like other bars in the area, it reopens for the season this friday (april 29th)!! :idea:

IMG_0085.jpg

another one that closed its doors to do reforms, like last year, is plastik ..........

craig%20and%20steve.jpg

and the highlander reopens this sunday (may 1st) :!:

McRackin said:
an update regarding GROUND ZERO courtesy of D said:
Ian the owner told me they are having 2 rooms in Ground Zero with 2 seperate DJ's next year. One playing Brit Pop/Alternative and the other playing Heavy Metal/Rock.
unodp.jpg
ground zero reopens this saturday :!:

5818477-M.jpg

pussycat and ok corral reopen tomorrow :!:

btw, shminky and the northern monkey aka the dirty rotten djs will be tomorrow at the ship inn from 11pm!! :p

ship.gif

all of these places are in san antonio? so if its my first time to ibiza and my friend and i are staying at a hotel in san antonio it will still be fun even if we arent in ibiza town?

(we are going may 20-23rd)

yes, all of them. and you dont need to be in ibiza town to have fun. the truth is that in may the bars in san antonio are a lot busier than in the ibiza town port..........

btw, cheers and sugar sea reopen this sunday..........

IMG_1246.JPG

McRackin said:
another one that closed its doors to do reforms, like last year, is plastik ..........
.......... which reopens on saturday 7th with alex ellenger, dermot c, julian amour, miyagi, agustín and the dirty rotten djs :!:

tonight i got an invitation that says you are cordially invited to the opening party of savannah on friday 6th may from sunset till late!! :eek:

see you there kids? :p

1522PICT8673-med.jpg

btw, amsterdam, the last drop, liquor lounge, es recó and blackbeards are already open :!:

Hiya Mcrackin! Any news on the new Viper Bar? BTW are the Dirty Rotten chaps doin Bar M this year? :)

apart from savannah and plastik there are other openings this week..........

· joe spoons
· soul city
(friday)
· sgt peppers
· itaca
· the orange corner

.......... and in the bay, now with lots of bars already open, kumharas and bucanero this saturday :!:

McRackin said:
opening party of savannah on friday 6th may
with don christian, andy b (pacha) and craig winch plus special guests :!:

4260036280241.jpg

Itsme said:
are the Dirty Rotten chaps doin Bar M this year? :)
i suppose so..........

· strikers and kings are open again
· quack quack reopens next tuesday
· delilahs reopens next wednesday
· the new room of ground zero dedicated to the heaviest bands with dj david opens next friday
· and funky flares reopens next weekend

11.jpg
<--- funky chicks!! :p

McRackin said:
· rumours is reopening this year. some of you might remember that last summer it opened later than the other bars and it was already closed by the beginning of august!! :confused:
it has been bought by the owner of a very famous bar in the west end and apparently it will reopen soon with a different name..........

btw, make sure you visit the reformed plastik. it looks really really really nice!! :D

bar m and the reformed sa flama are already open. so far both, like the orange corner, are open only till late afternoon :!:

McRackin said:
this summer the reformed sunseabar will be also a restaurant, like coastline cafe!! :eek:

last summer, in the middle of the season, they started offering a mini-sunset menu (something like: jacked potato + favourite topping + soft drink or beer = 4.50€) but now they plan to work properly as a restaurant..........
and here comes another surprise:

today i noticed that the ad next to the thermometer in san antonio has been changed and now it says SUNSEABAR by EL DIVINO. i suppose that means that the club in ibiza nueva, apart from the mao rooms, has also rented the sunset bar in caló des moro!! :eek:

the reforms at sunseabar continue: one of their 2 pools has almost disappeared (with the addition of a huge boat in one of the sides), the shop is alot smaller now (probably to do the kitchen), etc..........

btw, the pool closer to kanya is the one that havent been changed:

DSC00137.JPG

:p

kasbah reopened this weekend too :!:

btw, the little restaurant between kasbah and golden buddha has been rented by one of the guys behind a very famous bar in san antonio and it will reopen soon..........

3.jpg

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
this summer the reformed sunseabar will be also a restaurant, like coastline cafe!! :eek:

last summer, in the middle of the season, they started offering a mini-sunset menu (something like: jacked potato + favourite topping + soft drink or beer = 4.50€) but now they plan to work properly as a restaurant..........
and here comes another surprise:

today i noticed that the ad next to the thermometer in san antonio has been changed and now it says SUNSEABAR by EL DIVINO. i suppose that means that the club in ibiza nueva, apart from the mao rooms, has also rented the sunset bar in caló des moro!! :eek:

the reforms at sunseabar continue: one of their 2 pools has almost disappeared (with the addition of a huge boat in one of the sides), the shop is alot smaller now (probably to do the kitchen), etc..........
and it opens the same day as el divino:

flyer165248.jpg

btw, last wednesday itaca started a dj competition that will last till next tuesday to find the new resident of the bar!! :p

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
McRackin said:
· play games (next to play 2) will be a thai style bar!! :eek:
according to the latest rumours this is the new upmarket clubbing bar that eden is opening in the west end. apparently it will be called the eden rooms..........
confirmed: eden rooms :!:
JUST NEXT DOOR to Koppas, the video games emporium that was part of the Play 2 concept has also been altered in major style. It is now known as Eden Rooms (and indeed is linked to the Eden venue), a remarkably lush clubbing-bar experience for this notoriously boisterous area. With nearby Plastik proving that such idea can work big time in the West End it should be seen as another important step in the gradual re-generation of the district, club-gentrification if you like. Eden Rooms advise that a strict: “no football shirts, sportswear or bar crawls” rule will be applied at the venue, it intending to succeed as a stylish clubbers bar playing great music in friendly surroundings from 9pm to 4am. DJ’s are on board each night, with a number of guest spinners and parties also penned in. For example, Wednesday’s Minted Music from 8th June through until 21st of September, where Tristan Ingram (who additionally informs that he’s co-running Judgement Sundays this season) and Lee Brinx are residents alongside a number of weekly guests, including Immaculate Boys, Klively, Peter Borg and Michelle Coe.

source: UH

Back