Barcelona v manchester united

Im quite confident we can do it, just looking at the game last night it showed that the Premiership really is head and shoulders above every other league..

Sadly cannot afford to travel to Rome this year, but will be in the town centre, the walk down to Old Trafford with the thousands of fans after the game last year was amazing, couldn't talk properly for like a week!

Im looking to get tickets... not sure if i can afford it yet but going to try my best. Luckily il be flying from Ibiza so should be cheaper than flying from Manchester.

I reckon we'l be the fave's and i reckon we will do it!

Man United will be far to strong for Barca also Messi cant do the job against English teams ..dont know why i think the guy is amazing but the english mobs always seem to snuff him out without to much fuss .

Man United will be far to strong for Barca also Messi cant do the job against English teams ..dont know why i think the guy is amazing but the english mobs always seem to snuff him out without to much fuss .
He was practically invisible against Chelsea.

I think Man U will pull of the repeat. And comfortably.

Barca are without 3 defenders (Abidal, Alves, Pique). Henry and Inesta are question marks.

Hopefully Fergie can then retire in peace. :lol:

Sadly, Man U will spank them.

Barca have shown time and time again that against English clubs who can actually defend they are useless.

And unlike Chelsea Man U can and will attack just as well as they will defend.

Sadly, Man U will spank them.

Shame the bookies dont see it that way.

Funny to see some Brits (not all) crying because a spanish side knocked out one of their holier than holy premiership teams.. oh no, how can that possibly be?!!

Funny to see some Brits (not all) crying because a spanish side knocked out one of their holier than holy premiership teams.. oh no, how can that possibly be?!!

not me, because we now have the final the pundits wanted, 2 of the most attacki minded teams in europe, instead of 90 (poss 120) mins of midfield brinkmanship!!

People writing off Barca is premature

underdog suits me fine...

we'll see on the night

I'm with Olly. There is nothing worse than being the favourites :spank:

I'm hoping a Barça win, am thinking Manure will do it, but I've got a sneeky feeling Barça will knick it. 8)

I don't care for Chelsea.

Barca's record against English teams speaks for itself though.

This year - luckily beat Chelsea, One shot on goal. Chelsea were robbed and you won't often see me saying that ;) Easily held by Chelsea at Camp nou.

Last year - Beaten by Utd. Held at Camp nou easily.

Year before - Spanked by Liverpool at Camp Nou.

I WANT Barca to win as i hate Man U but can't see it happening :(

I don't care for Chelsea.

Barca's record against English teams speaks for itself though.

This year - luckily beat Chelsea, One shot on goal. Chelsea were robbed and you won't often see me saying that ;) Easily held by Chelsea at Camp nou.

Last year - Beaten by Utd. Held at Camp nou easily.

Year before - Spanked by Liverpool at Camp Nou.

I WANT Barca to win as i hate Man U but can't see it happening :(

Right these are the stats OVER the TWO legs with Chelsea this year:

Chelsea Barcelona
1 Goals scored 1
5 Shots on target 7
7 Shots wide 22
3 Shots blocked 5
6 Yellow card 5
0 Red card 1
36 Fouls committed 24
8 Corners 16
8 Offsides 4
36% Ball. Poss. (%) 65%

So who deserved to win now? but wait, Chelsea do spank us in something.. hang on thats fouls committed! What a surprise

Now regarding other years, Liverpool.. they "spanked" us at the Nou Camp 2-1? if thats a spanking not sure what you'll call a 4-0 scoreline. In that case we also spanked them at Anfield 1-0 in the return leg.

Man Utd last year were one goal away from being knocked out. This was a Barca team that finished behind 8 points behind Villareal and 18 points behind Real Madrid, one of the worst Barcelona's in recent history. And United fans were begging for the final whistle at old Trafford.. doesnt say much for all conquering United i have to say.

Not sure where you got those numbers, Ferd, but they are bogus.

The possessions looks about right. Fouls looks exaggerated, but I'll give you that.

However, at Stamford Bridge alone, Chelsea had 12 shots, 4 on target. Barca had 14 shots, 1 on target.

And whatever you say, Barca were outplayed in the 2nd leg. Chelsea were supremely well organized and Barca had zero good chances (which is why Iniesta's goal was so amazing).

Granted, Barca totally outplayed Chelsea in the first leg but didn't score.

Exactly - put Barca against a team with decent defence and they can play all the pretty football in the world but they don't score.

They'd scored in every match this year at camp nou until chelsea went there. That shows how crap the usual defences they play against are and how good chelseas is.

We all know Chelsea had 3 or 4 clear pens denied at the bridge too...

Winning in the last min when you've been outplayed all match is pure luck no matter how many stats you throw around.

Barca weren't good enough to beat Liverpool over two legs, or Man U or Chelsea.....unfortunately chelsea were unlucky and lost a tie they clearly should have easily won.

Back