Barcelona v manchester united

Oh, i'm not anti Barca at all....i'd rather them win it than Man u or Chelsea....but being realistic i know they won't beat Man u :(

You missed one...

Right these are the stats OVER the TWO legs with Chelsea this year:

Chelsea Barcelona
1 Goals scored 1
5 Shots on target 7
7 Shots wide 22
3 Shots blocked 5
6 Yellow card 5
0 Red card 1
36 Fouls committed 24
3 Blatant penalties not given 1 (maybe) :lol::lol::lol::lol:
8 Corners 16
8 Offsides 4
36% Ball. Poss. (%) 65% (this can't be right, either 36/64, or 35/65 surely???)

Last edited by a moderator:
Right these are the stats OVER the TWO legs with Chelsea this year:

Chelsea Barcelona
1 Goals scored 1
5 Shots on target 7
7 Shots wide 22
3 Shots blocked 5
6 Yellow card 5
0 Red card 1
36 Fouls committed 24
8 Corners 16
8 Offsides 4
36% Ball. Poss. (%) 65% Ferd like his teams to give 101% 8)

:lol: Did you make all that up mate ;)

Not sure where you got those numbers, Ferd, but they are bogus.

UEFA website, please be my guests, here are the both match reports stats :D

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=15279/match=302812/report=st.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=15279/match=302809/report=st.html

(I was sad enough to add both games stats in an excel spreadsheet :lol: which would explain why the possession is off as all i found the average over two legs, so mustve rounded up wrong somewhere)

N8, did you know the game lasts till the ref blows his whistle and Chelsea had one more player than us for the last 30 mins?.. not worth arguing with you. You keep trying to convince yourself you want man Utd to lose, but I'm not so sure because you know if they do all these arguments you're giving me would fall apart ;)

Matt, to answer your refereeing points, you also missed Chelsea shouldve been down to 10 men at Nou Camp plus Ballack suspended for next game, plus Barca shouldnt have had Abidal sent off..
That make it 4 wrong major decisions against each team..

Any more excuses you can come up with?

(and before Morbyd says Ballack shouldnt have been sent off thats as debatable as some of the 4 pens youre all claiming ;))

Anyway, as you can all tell, ive been slightly wound up :lol:. and we'll probably be going round in circles for days.
I think the Chelsea TIE (over two legs!) was incredibly close, and couldve gone either way. Thats all im trying to point out! I'm sure most objective fans would agree. Same goes for the previous tie with Liverpool and Man Utd last year.

These are all tight games, which is why all this N8 chat about "spankings" and "easily gone through" shows just how "premiership" tainted his glasses are at the moment.

UEFA website, please be my guests, here are the both match reports stats :D

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=15279/match=302812/report=st.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=15279/match=302809/report=st.html

(I was sad enough to add both games stats in an excel spreadsheet :lol: which would explain why the possession is off as all i found the average over two legs, so mustve rounded up wrong somewhere)

N8, did you know the game lasts till the ref blows his whistle and Chelsea had one more player than us for the last 30 mins?.. not worth arguing with you. You keep trying to convince yourself you want man Utd to lose, but I'm not so sure because you know if they do all these arguments you're giving me would fall apart ;)

Matt, to answer your refereeing points, you also missed Chelsea shouldve been down to 10 men at Nou Camp plus Ballack suspended for next game, plus Barca shouldnt have had Abidal sent off..
That make it 4 wrong major decisions against each team..

Any more excuses you can come up with?

(and before Morbyd says Ballack shouldnt have been sent off thats as debatable as some of the 4 pens youre all claiming ;))

Anyway, as you can all tell, ive been slightly wound up :lol:. and we'll probably be going round in circles for days.
I think the Chelsea TIE (over two legs!) was incredibly close, and couldve gone either way. Thats all im trying to point out! I'm sure most objective fans would agree. Same goes for the previous tie with Liverpool and Man Utd last year.

These are all tight games, which is why all this N8 chat about "spankings" and "easily gone through" shows just how "premiership" tainted his glasses are at the moment.

respect. 8)

Ignore the haterz, Ferd.

Our karma will run over their dogma.

Ferd, facts speak for themsevves :D Barca couldn't beat Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea at home as they all had solid defences. They then luckily beat Chelsea to go through.

Abidal should have been sent off earlier in the match for the professional foul leading to one of the penalties not given!!

And no, Ballack shouldn't have been sent off, and I repeat - not because his 2nd foul wasn't a yellow, but the first one was bogus. Take another look and you'll agree.

But we can go round and round on this. Fact is, Barca played better in the first leg and didn't win. Chelsea played better in the 2nd leg and didn't win (but were denied 4 penalties!). End of story!

And Man U will spank you :p :lol:

Barca outplayed Utd last season over both legs of the semi.

FACT.

it was a good Scholes goal but Utd were hanging on by the end.

respect. 8)

Ignore the haterz, Ferd.

Our karma will run over their dogma.

:lol:

Agreed, not sure why I let them get to me.. next time I get angry I'll just look at this.

1241644162_0.jpg

1241645503_0.jpg

iniesta-barcelona_1398269c.jpg

8)8) :lol:

Do I spy a cast iron yellow card offence not given. Yes, I think I do. :lol::lol::lol:

If you're talking about the shirt off, he was actually carded for that too :lol:

Thats one uefa rule we can all agree on I'm sure. Iniesta didnt have a previous card so was ok, but can you imagine if he had? They'd have him miss the final because he took his shirt off in a moment when, lets be honest, not sure anyone in the world could control what they do!

If you're talking about the shirt off, he was actually carded for that too :lol:

In that case I apologise for getting my facts wrong :oops::oops::oops:

They'd have him miss the final because he took his shirt off in a moment when, lets be honest, not sure anyone in the world could control what they do!

A player does something in the heat of the moment and can't control how they act. That's a novel thought, are you saying they shouldn't be punished??? Hmmmm ;););):lol::lol::lol:

Free Drogba!! :lol:

The Stamford Bridge one. :lol::lol::lol:

I have my own theories about the whole thing.

Interesting to note also, that the completely unlikely to materialise 'threats' for the ref's life came from a 17 yr old Aussie boy who was incensed by his performance. His father was even quoted as saying it would take him 4 years to save up for the plane ticket to Norway. :lol::lol::lol:

Funny that it has hardly been reported (god I love CFCnet)

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea about stats or anything of that nature but if there is a god Barcelona will win 5-0 :) Otherwise Barcelona will win 3-0 :)

A player does something in the heat of the moment and can't control how they act. That's a novel thought, are you saying they shouldn't be punished??? Hmmmm ;););):lol::lol::lol:

Hey, I'm talking about taking a shirt off, not attempting to beat up a ref ;)

anyway, already very very nervous too. Not sure why I'm going in to work tomorrow because I'm not going to be able to do anything.

Right now my mood isn't confident though :confused:

Swiss Massimo Busacca will referee Wednesday's Champions League final between Manchester United and Barcelona, UEFA confirmed today.

I've got bad vibes about this one....

toure is slow as a tortoise, pique is not quite the finished article yet (a future leader, mind) and valdes looks weak when unprotected. I'm counting on the midfield to keep ball as much as possible but it could be a long night...

Utd may play the counter alla Milan 94 and that could be devastating... :confused: but they may have the confidence to go all attack from the off. Hard one to call...

I'm clinging on to the memory of last season's semis, where I felt Barca outplayed them but the depleted defence is a real concern..

If Guardiola pulls this one off, it will be the greatest night in the club and city's history (- well at least since Franco died :lol: ) and he will become a saint - if he fails, well, not a bad overall innings for a debut season in the senior game at the greatest club on earth :)

Back