Barcelona v manchester united

I've got bad vibes about this one....

toure is slow as a tortoise, pique is not quite the finished article yet (a future leader, mind) and valdes looks weak when unprotected. I'm counting on the midfield to keep ball as much as possible but it could be a long night...

Utd may play the counter alla Milan 94 and that could be devastating... :confused: but they may have the confidence to go all attack from the off. Hard one to call...

I'm clinging on to the memory of last season's semis, where I felt Barca outplayed them but the depleted defence is a real concern..

If Guardiola pulls this one off, it will be the greatest night in the club and city's history (- well at least since Franco died :lol: ) and he will become a saint - if he fails, well, not a bad overall innings for a debut season in the senior game at the greatest club on earth :)

toure is probably one of the fastest in the squad!

pique i had my doubts early on, but he's really matured as the season's gone on.

the tension is building, visca el barça!!!!!!!!

back to back united euro cups, it can't happen, surely the world is not so cruel to have us endure that.

well I thought Toure was a big sluggish when I've seen him, but I can't comment on most of the liga which I've only had access to highlights of

it will be horrific if Utd win. FACT.

although I don't hate them quite as much when Rio and Neville Neville's son aren't playing

I think Toure is one of those who's not got great acceleration but when he gets going he's probably quicker than people think.

Just hope Messi, Iniesta and Xavi can do their magic tomorrow. If they play well we'll have a good chance.

Most likely lineups:

MANCHESTER UNITED (4-4-1-1): 1 Van der Sar; 22 O'Shea, 5 Ferdinand, 15 Vidic, 3 Evra; 13 Park, 8 Anderson, 16 Carrick, 11 Giggs; 7 Cristiano Ronaldo; 10 Rooney.

BARCELLONA (4-3-3): 1 Valdes; 5 Puyol, 24 Toure', 3 Pique', 16 Sylvinho; 34 Xavi, 15 Keita, 8 Iniesta; 10 Messi, 9 Eto'o, 14 Henry.

So Barça hasn't the best difensive line ever....

If Man will be juggernauts no way for blaugrana.

I mean that the key of the match will be Barça ball-possession.

watching the game at home tonight

skint + sore throat + london pubs saturated with [vile] Utd 'fans' = strictly cheering from the settee biznizz

It could be an amaaaaazing night

It could be utterly absymal

It is impossible to call

hi fives ferd and silvia

Bring ittttttttttttt

i'm watching in barcelona on middlesex st. strictly vip avec prawn sandwich & small glass of pinot (hallo darling) grigio. don't be offended if i completely blank any of you.

ManUre will win fairly comfortably

:rolleyes: Everyone (almost) is saying the same. We beat Manure 4 -1 at old trafford. So its not a given, I'm hoping anyway.

watching the game at home tonight

skint + sore throat + london pubs saturated with [vile] Utd 'fans' = strictly cheering from the settee biznizz

It could be an amaaaaazing night

It could be utterly absymal

It is impossible to call

hi fives ferd and silvia

Bring ittttttttttttt

It is impossible to call, it'll either be boring as funk, or a spectacle.

I'm watching it in a spanish beachside bar with a healthy mix of Manure and Barça fans. Got my Iniesta shirt last night 8) Can't fookin wait :lol:

I'm ridiculous excited yet and still four hours to work ahead. Thankfully everybody is the same and talking **** and football all the time
Watching the game at a friend's apartment, there will be far more people than space, lots of culés, a Real Madrid supporter :rolleyes: :lol:, and some expats including our Holly G

I am not sure about Man U, I've never been interested in foreing leagues, all I know is that I want to slap Ronaldo in his face and that Barça is playing ace this year, so probalby it's 50% - 50%

:D :rolleyes: :lol: :eek: :twisted: :spank:

His neck scars prove he's lost his head, Tevez, Tevez
He'll never get a girl in bed, Tevez, Tevez
You ugly twat, you Argie c*nt
They've sewn your head on back to front
Carlos Tevez, Herman Munsters' son!​

Man Utd are still champions.

They know what it takes to win a Final.

The have the best manager.

Arguabley the best player in Ronaldo.

Hate to admit it, but I will be backing Man Utd to win the match at 7/4.

Most likely lineups:

BARCELLONA (4-3-3): 1 Valdes; 5 Puyol, 24 Toure', 3 Pique', 16 Sylvinho; 34 Xavi, 15 Keita, 8 Iniesta; 10 Messi, 9 Eto'o, 14 Henry.

i would line-up

Valdes

Caceres
Puyol
Pique
Sylvinho

Toure
Xavi
Iniesta

Henry
Eto'o
Messi

would risk Caceres there to get Puyol into the middle cos Toure ain't no centre back

I take it you were on planet zorg in 1992 and 2006?

Even on planet Zorg, the Barca team of 92 and 06 would not be playing tonight!

The Man Utd team of 08 are nearly all playing tonight......

Therefore they know what it takes to win!

Do you ned me to S.P.E.L.L it out in any other language for you?:spank:

Iniesta to Etoo: Yes, we can!

1241645503_0.jpg

Even on planet Zorg, the Barca team of 92 and 06 would not be playing tonight!

The Man Utd team of 08 are nearly all playing tonight......

Therefore they know what it takes to win!

Do you ned me to S.P.E.L.L it out in any other language for you?:spank:

you're saying that guardiola, xavi, iniesta, puyol don't know how to win finals?????

you utter imbecile

barca may well lose but it won't be through lack of experience or psychological fear

Back