Balearic, Chill Out & Sunset Music

My new mixtape ”Paraiso” is here.. Contains e.g. of the current hit song: Madonna - La Isla Bonita! 😉

1 Desert Island Disco - Balia Cosmica (STATUES Remix)
2 Rose - Make Up
3 Ganga feat. Ben Ghazi - Sweet Harmony (Roberto Rodriguez Balearic Mix)
4 Pleasure Voyage - Hottest Day
5 Jex Opolis - Guitar Sands (feat. In the Nite)
6 Madonna - La Isla Bonita
7 Kid Seville - Do You Have A Car?
8 Lenny Kravitz - Low (RedTop Extended Remix)
9 Marshall Watson & Cole Odin - Just A Daydream Away (Rocket Ride Mix)
10 Anoraak & Sarah Maison - Gang

Last edited:
Latest Balearic Sunrise...

Christer Norden - Reality
9th Wonder- SirBlue!!!
DJ Spinna - Adu Refreak
Sault - We are the Sun
Gold In The Shade - Over You
OutKast - SpottieOttieDopaliscious
Famks - Laberinto (Nick the Record extended version)
Harlem Gem - More than You Could Wish
Almacks01 - What you Don't Do
Das Komplex - Snap
Jura Soundsystem - Carafe Denim (Quiet Village)
Amadou Et Miriam - Bara (Joe Clausell Cosmic Arts Version)

Tracy's voice is so iconic and the original was such a definitive moment for student dossers like me who spent much of the mid-90s sat up late, gathered around overflowing ashtrays with glazed eyes, putting the world to rights. Someone's just done an intriguing edit which reminds me a bit of the Orb and KLF's cut and paste approach to chillout, although this always felt darker and more sombre than the trippier soundtracks of that era.

A few updates since last sharing this playlist. Whittling it all down to an end of year chart will be a challenge.

+ a few faves not (yet) available on Spotify, including that celestial Feel Fly remix of Tony Esposito, so it may mean having to compile a parallel spreadsheet.

After writing for over a year, I finally met Be.lanuit for the first time by sheer chance in the Pikes garden last month and can confirm he's a really nice guy, now based on the island full time albeit with occasional mainland gigs. He's made some top music with the guitarist Melón Jiménez amongst others. Told me he's going to be presenting a load of Ibiza winter content on his stream (beyond the usual glossy sunset shtik) which am really looking forward to

Back